Home

Hilt Request KotOR 2

Nero Eindride

my_lightsaber.jpg

Hi I found this picture and i think the hilt is awesome so I need some helpfull modders who can help me. I want it to replace the hilts in the game that way I don't have too stick with those ugly default hilts already in the game. I want a button on the flat grey part on the upper side of the hilt

Thx for ur attention.

Hey wassup? since I don't see a picture here, I am guessing it hasn't been made yet LOL, so here's what I modelled.... Hey, can I use this in my mod? I've been looking for some new lightsaber additions for it... I also left out a few thinks, if you really want them let me know... I also didn't UVW Map

lightsaber.jpg

-Pete

Hey ROTNR nice mod i really like it but i don't like the hook and I don't know if it's possible but can you make those lines on the pic that's going crossover cause that's realy what makes me like this hilt(look on the updated picture there it is some buttons i would like if it's possible)?

And nice vids on YouTube;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I might take a stab at this seeing as it's a pretty cool design.

th_Lawson-Saber.jpg

Triangulated mesh should end up around 1100 polys. I foresee that mapping it is going to be unpleasant.

EDIT: And here's a mapped and shoddily textured hilt:

th_Lawson-Saber-02.jpg

Wasn't quite the ordeal I was envisaging, but still required a lot of tweaking to get something reasonable. There are some minor seams, but it wouldn't be noticeable in-game.

Btw, for those that were wondering, I called it the Lawson Saber after the guy that designed it, Robert Lawson. He only referred to it as "My Saber" rather than giving it a proper name or history.

Archived