Which side are you on?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Which side are you on?

• Jedi
    • Sith
    • Non-aligned
    • Freelance
    • Yoda

I'm surprised nobody made a thread on this yet. The ultimate question that will decide your role in the grand events of The Old Republic and the consequences thereof.

Are you with the Jedi? With the Sith? Do you hate both sides and want to play it solo? Well you sell your services to the highest bidder?

And why? Do you match their philosophies? Do you just find them cool? Do you think you'll get more goodies on their side?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I intend to create two characters: one a Jedi with the Republic, and one a Sith from the Sith Empire. I plan on playing each of them as following their respective paths for a while -- the Jedi making exclusively light choices while the Sith makes exclusively dark choices -- and then have them swap, with the Jedi falling to the dark side and the Sith being redeemed. It will be interesting to see the consequences of their actions within their respective governments.

Of the two "sides" (Jedi/Sith) I prefer to go badass and play Sith, but what I'm really looking for is some confirmation on what other classes will be available. Bounty Hunters, Assassins, Smugglers etc. Not everyone wants to be an UFU (Uber Force User).

Sith. I like the lightning attack and red sabres.:lol:

I've always preferred the dark side in SW games...and with the Sith faction being an Empire, ruled by an Emperor - it'll be impossible to resist!

Also, the Sith officers have nicer uniforms than the Republic!

Not everyone wants to be an UFU (Uber Force User).

Quite right. If I can be a Sith military officer, that's me sorted!

Yoda. Just because he's mean and he's green. Seriously though, I'm hoping for some other classes like Zak listed above. Bounty Hunter or Smuggler would be the top two for me. I hope TOR doesn't focus solely on the Force Classes. That would be kind of silly.

As for Bounty Hunter or Smugler: while all the Jedi and Sith are running around with their "glow sticks", I'll by making my way in the galaxy. ;)

Despite this being the age of Jedi and Sith, when they were, I suppose, prominent, they were NO WAY the most populace group in the galaxy and Ihope this game reflects that. I understand that the glow sticks will be the major draw for a lot of players, but I suppose I just want an experience where that kind of power is earned (and can be lost) through working at it, not granted from the start.

Sith all the way. Nothing better than running around in the JK series Force Storming a room full of 'troopers, watching them bound off stuff like ragdolls, or Force Crushing your opponents in KOTOR2.

Best line from any Star Wars game:

On Nar Shadaa-

Exile: "You want to walk off the egde of the platform"

NPC: "Yes...its the quickest way...to the ground.."

Probably Freelance/non-aligned. Learn both Light and Dark and use them accordingly making the choices that I think are right. Neither side is perfect, so I think that the grey (if there is one) is probably the best option for me.

If there is no option for that, I am gonna have to go with LS Jedi

Archived