Which side are you on?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Which side are you on?

• Jedi
    • Sith
    • Non-aligned
    • Freelance
    • Yoda

The problem with me is, that whenever I play a good RPG, I always do what I would do if I was the character, which is obviously light side.

Whenever I play dark side in KotOR or Mass Effect, it doesn't feel right, somehow. But for some reason, in Fallout 3 I can't help but kill everybody I see. :p

Anyways, I would like to have three characters. My main one would be a jedi who fights for the Republic. Not Uber-powerful, but an overall cool character who follows the light side and does good deeds but at the same time disagrees with most of the Jedi teachings. My second would probably be a mercanary who goes around and fights for money. My third will be a cold, heartless Sith.

Think I got all the bases covered.

OFF TOPIC: Btw, Miltiades, nice avatar, man! Sylar FTW. :D

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh, this IS actually hard to do.

The only reason I'd want to play as a Jedi is because I hate electrocuting kittens and stealing money from senior citizens.

On the other hand, I hate the Jedi because they are actually worse than the Sith in so many ways I can't list right now. They are downright hypocritical, ineffective, arrogant, and on the whole WORTHLESS.

So I'm going to go with the Sith because you know what? Sure they've done some heinous stuff, but so have the Jedi (both direct and complicity). As Atton said, "At least the Sith are honest about what they are fighting for." Plus my person views support passion over "peace"/stagnation. The way I see it, the Jedi mind wash people into denying their true natures and expect them not to be dysfunctional. The Sith take control of their destiny, harness their emotions in order to obtain victory.

And I cannot honestly work for a blatantly corrupt government like the Galactic Republic. Plus they pretend to offer freedom.... As long as there is someone with more power than you, you can never have true freedom, so the essential promise of democracy is a lie. If I am going to be ruled by an oligarchy I would rather the oligarchs be honest about it rather than selling me pointless idealism.

So I'm joining the Sith, even if I have to steal candy from babies to do it.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

• 1 month later...

I'll be a jedi, I couldn't stand being evil in k1, it's just not how I am. However, I will follow the Kreian idea in that I will look at both sides of the coin, because the Sith history is just as rich as the Jedi history. My main character will be Jedi but I will make a side character as a Sith (preferably with an awesome costume like Revan :thmbup1:) and possibly yet another side character as a Chaotic Good Mandalorian/Republic Trooper. That's if mandalorians are a class/race in this game.

I tend to play the good side. But I also often try to help out the underdog/outnumbered side.But with 4 unique classes each one is announced peoples allegiance can change. Alos depends on what my friends decide they want to play.

• 3 weeks later...
The problem with me is, that whenever I play a good RPG, I always do what I would do if I was the character, which is obviously light side.

Whenever I play dark side in KotOR or Mass Effect, it doesn't feel right, somehow.

Same with me. I always end up modeling the character after myself and try to do what I would do in real life. :p

I will definitely be following the path of the jedi. :thmbup1:

I wonder if the people who want a main in both the republic and empire camps realise that like most MMo out there you will probably need 2 accounts and 2 subs to do this. The reason for this is to stop what is known as cross-realming. Which is where one side farms the other for gear/exp/whatever with the others consent which gives one side an unfair advantage.

Anyway I'll be going Sith as wholesale slaughter and destruction are far more fun than healing and protecting.

I wonder if the people who want a main in both the republic and empire camps realise that like most MMo out there you will probably need 2 accounts and 2 subs to do this. The reason for this is to stop what is known as cross-realming. Which is where one side farms the other for gear/exp/whatever with the others consent which gives one side an unfair advantage.

I don't recall needing multiple accounts for multiple factions in WoW.

BioWare hasn't stated anything about the servers yet or what will be possible with them, have they? If so, please link it.

On-topic: I'll be rollin' both sides.

Unless I'm using all caps or flaming, don't assume anything. Sorry if I came off aggressive. Just wanted to know if maybe I had missed something. I only pointed out WoW 'cause it's like the biggest thing on the planet for 11 million people, and it's what BW and LA are attempting to take down.

That's only for PvP realms though, I think. In WoW, I was in a PvE realm and I had multiple Alliance and Horde characters all in the same realm.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived