Home

Recommend me a browser

Trex

I'm currently using Firefox 3 and was wondering if there was anything better, or just a bit different out there that anyone would recommend.

No technical reason to change, no difficulties, I'm just a bit bored with it after five years.

Any interesting, rarely heard about alternatives?

Aye, Firefox is the best there is. Powerful and stable to start with, but it's greatest strength is flexibility. You can do anything you want with it, and with the web if you use Greasemonkey and Stylish.

If you just want to go out and try some stuff, check out Chrome, it's got incredible speed and is pretty slick to use. There's also Flock, which is a Firefox-based social-oriented browser, supposedly good with Web 2.0 sites like Facebook and Flickr etc.

Opera's also pretty different and competes with Chrome and Firefox for speed. I liked how it looked and worked very different from most other browsers, so that's one you might want to try for something different.

Stick with Firefox, for sure. Chrome is all well and good, but after a while I got sick of a number of glitches - certain webpages adjusting the window size and closing of its own accord when I tried to access a page before it loaded my home page, especially.

If you really want to change your browser, I'm rather fond of Safari. It's speed is unmatched even by Firefox, though it takes much longer to boot up the browser itself than most others. Once it's open, though, it's much faster than anything else I've used.

I never had any problems with IE, but I'm apparently completely alone in that regard. People regularly tell me it's a haven for spyware, but I never had any more problems with it than I do with Firefox now.

I've yet to try Opera.

have you gotten addons for firefox?

chrome is good, but i dont use it because firefox has so many outrageously useful and awesome addons.

i personally *hate* IE, because on my computer its slow compared to firefox, *always* gets stuck: whenever i click 'close', the webpage disappears but the stupid program sits there doing nothing for 15 minutes. whats worse is unlike most other programs on windows vista, when IE stops responding, there is no option to close the thing... only 'restart the program'! (can someone tell me why this is?)

Chrome is not in beta anymore. I use it and Firefox somewhat arbitrarily. I find that Chrome starts up quicker due to a variety of plugins that I've burdened FF with. It's default framing is also nice for netbooks as it gives a bit more screen at the margins.

VIRUS ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!

PC users DO NOT use internet explorer right now, a devastating virus has been discovered written into its code (ho hum--gee, I wonder how it even GOT there in the first place? Thanks Microsoft!!!)

Firefox is good, netscape is oaky,

I use Safari (apple based though it works for PC as well, just like iTunes).

I have used Camino on a mac. Meh, it has some nice features of its own like any other.

Mac will always be near and dear to me since I grew up with a Performa 6300 (by now is a dinosaur--however I still enjoy Odyssey:Legend of Nemesis by paranoid productions and FREE--GREAT game BTW) Though right now I am using a PC.

CHROME--great multimedia. Or so I hear from Clark Howard (GREAT radio show). I will soon try it out.

http://www.google.com/chrome

VIRUS ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!

PC users DO NOT use internet explorer right now, a devastating virus has been discovered written into its code (ho hum--gee, I wonder how it even GOT there in the first place? Thanks Microsoft!!!)

They already fixed it a few days ago. Check Microsoft Update.

Archived