Home

New Wallace & Gromit Info, Art & Screens

AlfredJ

Hey there,

Just the other day, on this very forum, I was wondering when we would get new information about W&G. Well, obviously, Telltale listened to me. Eurogamer has a 2-page interview with some art and screens. Here you go:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/wallace-and-gromits-grand-adventures-preview?page=1

Some screens (more at Eurogamer):

ss_preview_wg_screen_tanker.jpg.jpg?slideshow=true

ss_preview_wg_screen_gromit_mixer.jpg.jpg?slideshow=true

ss_preview_wg_concept_fair.jpg.jpg?slideshow=true

The interview sounds very promising. Give it a look!

Looks good... I'm guessing that there will be a big variety in colours from comparing the first screen to the concept art. The first screen's background looks very dark and grimy indeed. More Jack the Riper than Wallace and Grommit.

I think getting the look perfectly right will be hard, maybe even impossible. They're not quite plasticine yet.

Hmm, I worry more about the feel of the animation than about the plasticine-like texture of characters, but from what I remember even the early teaser did look quite good actually.

Also, if they could get everything to look perfectly right with CG then there would be no point in doing traditional animation anymore which would be kind of sad.

• 1 month later...

I think it's not a secret that I'm impatiently awaiting the release of W&G. And, in my infinite nerdness, I think I found out when the first episode is going to get released, and it may be sooner than a lot of us thought! Maybe I'm just seeing things, but according to my deductions it's going to be 4, 5 weeks until we see the first episode. Details here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114546#post114546

Just wanted to let you know, but remember, it's not true until a Telltale-employee confirmes it.

Archived