Home

Top Ten Worse Questions to ask at GameStop during the holidays

Darth Groovy

Yep. Way I see it, unless it is ABSOLUTELY necessary, then you are a moron if you go to GameStop on Dec 26. It always was, always is, and always shall be the absolute busiest day of the year at any GameStop. Actually had you been in my store between 7am, and 11, you would have been fine. All Hell didn't break loose until about 11:30 am. Same time all Hell broke loose last year. Trust me, we do anything we can think of to keep those lines short, but when the whole world decides to come to your store on the same day, only so much can even help to begin with.

lol same thing for walmart.

Groovy: Do you work at a gamestop inside the mall, or one of the nice standalone ones (usually on a strip mall)? I prefer the standalone ones, they look much cleaner, and there is usually more variety.

Strip Center. Right now it's not so clean. Today we did just as much business as we did yesterday. It is NOT slowing down at all. We only had enough time to get the games back on the walls. Not even sure if they are in alphabetical order anymore.

I went to a gamestop yesterday to spend some of my lovely money. My expierence was mediocre (I had some guy chuckle at me for looking at the Fallout 3 box) but it was crazy. I just grabbed a used copy of Viva Pinata, got that and a wireless controller and left. I can't imagine how you'd deal with all of that insanity, Groovy.

I went to a gamestop yesterday to spend some of my lovely money. My expierence was mediocre (I had some guy chuckle at me for looking at the Fallout 3 box) but it was crazy. I just grabbed a used copy of Viva Pinata, got that and a wireless controller and left. I can't imagine how you'd deal with all of that insanity, Groovy.

Huh, chuckle? Da hell? Also, did you get the original or Trouble in Paradise?

Enjoy ur Pinata Incest Rape Simulator.

Huh, chuckle? Da hell? Also, did you get the original or Trouble in Paradise?

I heard a whisper after I picked up the box. Some guy with his friend "Yo, check out that chick. ~chuckle~" I rolled my eyes, and put the box down.

I got the original.

&Bongo - SHUT IT I HAVE LIKE 15 SPARROWMINTS.

I heard a whisper after I picked up the box. Some guy with his friend "Yo, check out that chick. ~chuckle~" I rolled my eyes, and put the box down.

I got the original.

&Bongo - SHUT IT I HAVE LIKE 15 SPARROWMINTS.

Hot tip for $$$:

1. Get a tiki torch/firebrand.

2. Direct a Taffly right at it.

3. Put out fire with watering can.

4. ???

5. SELL FOR PROFIT!

You can make so much cash that way. Makes Tafflys value from like $150 to like $1250.

Enjoy ur Pinata Incest Rape Simulator.

Yeah, within 4 hours of gameplay your starting Whirlm's family tree with look like a Cyprus tree... if you can get that joke...

This is why I like buying my games on Amazon. :p

Yep.

The last time I was in GameStop I got an earful of cockiness and attitude from the guy behind the counter when I asked whether he had a copy of Overlord.

"(rolleyes) Oh yeah. Hmm, didn't really enjoy that one too much. Kinda gets on your nerves after a little bit..."

...my turn to roll my eyes... Spare me the attitude, dude-- just let me buy the damn thing and leave.

This thread reminds me why I won't be stepping back into GameStop anytime soon.

This thread reminds me why I won't be stepping back into GameStop anytime soon.
Same thing with Best Buy and Circuit City, QFT.

Human to human interaction seems to be more of an inconvenience than a blessing these days. At least computers won't get pissy at you, although they often times have breakdowns.

Heh, last time I was in GameStop(Saturday the 3rd) the guy behind the counter was pretty cool. I thought he would get annoyed because two of my friends and I were juggling around money for a bit to be able to afford what we wanted.

He joked around with us a bit, was nice and helpful, and I even accidently handed him one too many 20s. He just said "Are you giving me a big tip, dude?" and handed it back. Facepalm on my part.

Hey Groovy, was GameStop having a sale on Prince of Persia? One of my friends and I bought Left 4 Dead, while the other bought Prince. We paid $60 each and he paid $50.

I'm preeeetty sure I saw Left 4 Dead on Steam for like 35 bucks over the holidays. However, I might be going crazy. I know it costs 50 bucks on steam normally.

But then again, it all depends on your preference of physical copies vs. digital copies.

Archived