Home

NEW EXCITING THREAD OF REVAN JUST FOUND!

Jedi Master Revan

Do you think that this theory is true  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that this theory is true

• I very much doubt Revan could be still alive
    • Hell yeah, i agree with this idea, GO Revan !

I just found something in my brain that is very very exciting and i cudn't wait to type it down and share it with you guys :p.

Here it goes: Jedi mind powers is the main source of information for this thread

Think about force sensitivity then, think about attachment, now think about how Yoda reacted to the deaths of so many jedi in episode three and Revan's reaction to the death of so many people during the Mandalorian wars before he desided to be Darth Revan.

Ok so this is my conclusion it will be more clear if you read the republic commando novels by Karen Travis. Revan is most likely still ALIVE, why do you ask?

well first of all Bastila knew Revan personaly, so his death would trigger a beacon within her, due to their extremely powerful force bonding and personal affection. Where ever they were,

However, there are cons to this idea, Revan and Yoda never knew the people as personally as Revan and Bastila felt for each other, when they felt a large ripple in the force due to mass slaughter.

The echo they felt in the force was due to a mass slaughter so how could Bastila sense Revan's death?

She would be able to sense it due to the forceful connection they had force wise and love wise.

However, you may argue that Revan and Bastila never felt the deaths of so many jedi on Dantooine, that's true to a certain point, infact Malak never killed all the jedi on Dantooine, he captured most of the jedi and brought them to the star forge, to fuel the start forge and to use them as healing stations for himself, he never let most of the jedi on Dantooine become on with the force, hence the fact Revan and Bastila never felt their deaths or apparent deaths in the force, there just were enough jedi dieing and becoming one with the froce for anyone so far away to feel it, unless they had a powerful connection, love, to one of the members on Dantooine at the time of the attack.

So in theory if Bastila never felt Revan's death in K.O.T.O.R 2, then how could Revan be death? and i doubt anyone has the tech to replicate what the star forge did to Malak's captured jedi.

Am i right? i will update if i get anything wrong.

I am so pleased with this new thread :p.

FOR K.O.T.O.R AND FOR REVAN :D

:lsduel:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've really got no clue what you're going on about, but i'll try.

Ok so this is my conclusion it will be more clear if you read the republic commando novels by Karen Travis.

No.

Bastila knew Revan personaly, so his death would trigger a beacon within her, due to their extremely powerful force bonding and personal affection. Where ever they were,

However, there are cons to this idea, Revan and Yoda never knew the people as personally as Revan and Bastila felt for each other, when they felt a large ripple in the force due to mass slaughter.

The echo they felt in the force was due to a mass slaughter so how could Bastila sense Revan's death?

So in theory if Bastila never felt Revan's death in K.O.T.O.R 2, then how could Revan be death?

Because he died after, or because she can't feel him?

reading these threads is making me like kotor less

That boat sailed a while ago, I think. ;)

I'd buy the game just for that reason, stupid fanboys.

AMEN.

Bioware deliberately set the story 300 years in the future to AVOID this. Revan is shrouded by mystery. Of course the new MMO will have side-quests and lore about him.

I will seriously learn to hack games when he is alive and a raid boss in the MMO. I will replace him with Austin Powers.

Leave the man alone. Fanboys destroyed him, imo.

jedi master revan:

what you have is a good theory but here is a countering possibility:

bastila could have probably not felt it if revan died because the force may have been shrouded in darkness, with the jedi civil war, rise of the triumvirate, etc.

(remember, in time of the prequels, it was increasingly hard for the jedi to see into the force (have visions of the future etc) because of the growing darkness in the force... remember yoda: "Dark, It becomes...")

i like revan, and i really wanted a k3 featuring revan and the gangs from k1 and k2, but with this new mmo being set 300 years after k1, there is very little possibility of revan still being alive.

i think the only way we'll see any canonization of what revan is through a novel or something set in the kotor era. (i think there actually is one coming)

we'll probably find out what happened to revan and the exile in the old republic mmo. :)

I just found something in my brain that is very very exciting and i cudn't wait to type it down and share it with you guys :p.

Here it goes: Jedi mind powers is the main source of information for this thread

Think about force sensitivity then, think about attachment, now think about how Yoda reacted to the deaths of so many jedi in episode three and Revan's reaction to the death of so many people during the Mandalorian wars before he desided to be Darth Revan.

Ok so this is my conclusion it will be more clear if you read the republic commando novels by Karen Travis. Revan is most likely still ALIVE, why do you ask?

well first of all Bastila knew Revan personaly, so his death would trigger a beacon within her, due to their extremely powerful force bonding and personal affection.

[/Quote]

Okay.

Where ever they were,

She would be able to sense it due to the forceful connection they had force wise and love wise.

[/Quote]

Yes. And?

However, you may argue that Revan and Bastila never felt the deaths of so many jedi on Dantooine, that's true to a certain point, infact Malak never killed all the jedi on Dantooine, he captured most of the jedi and brought them to the star forge, to fuel the start forge and to use them as healing stations for himself, he never let most of the jedi on Dantooine become on with the force, hence the fact Revan and Bastila never felt their deaths or apparent deaths in the force, there just were enough jedi dieing and becoming one with the froce for anyone so far away to feel it, unless they had a powerful connection, love, to one of the members on Dantooine at the time of the attack.

[/Quote]

There are a lot of unknowns.

Wise to consider distance and revan's incapacitated state upon the leviathan.

Many jedi were probably captured and not killed.

So in order to go with what you claim, I'd have to assume revan never felt all those deaths due to the fact his past identity was erased, then shortly after the attack on dantooine his old life was put back into his mind--if only in fragments. Basty? I dunno.

While I guess this works (never thought about it before you brought it up), I cannot be sure.

So in theory if Bastila never felt Revan's death in K.O.T.O.R 2, then how could Revan be death? and i doubt anyone has the tech to replicate what the star forge did to Malak's captured jedi.

Am i right? i will update if i get anything wrong.

I am so pleased with this new thread :p.

FOR K.O.T.O.R AND FOR REVAN :D

:lsduel:

Don' break your arm with all that patting. :)

OK, first off, though I am not an english major..... PUNCTUATION! Please???

I had a kind of hard time due to so many run-on sentences...

Secondly I do not think you have thought it through completely.

Are you saying revan--and possibly the exile were captured?

I suppose it *could* be.

Now that we have had our first look into TOR (reference to featured "first look" article in PC gamer last month), we know there is some 1000+ year old emperor of the true sith. TOR takes place 300 years later, long after Revan and the Exile would have long since died through the natural course of their lives.

Also, it is hinted at that this emperor turned revan and malak to the dark side. Then they were headed back to the known regions of the galaxy. There was one incident during which trip where Revan and Malak turned on each other. Presumably this is the incident where Malak's jaw was severed.

So a theory that Revan is still alive. Fine. Work on it a bit--maybe you could come up with a kotor 3 mod or something.

Honestly I think it best if we not know what happened to the exile or revan. We would need a third hero in any case.

(shrug)

EDIT: One last thing, maybe nobody had the technology that *we* know of. If you read "truce at bakura" by kathy tyers you will find that the Si'Ruuvi had some vile technology that was similar...or at least it sounded similar in that their ships used sentient life energy as a battery and they ran their ship with it. Though that took place starting a day after the end of ROTJ, but the technology sounds remarkably similar. I'm not at all sure the idea for the SF didn't come from this story.

I dont want a future for Revan unless I'm playing it, and I dont require that really, Revan is a playable, customizable, plot device not a person in history that can have a career after kotOR, canonizing him or writing him into a story you have no say in kinda makes kotOR irrelevant. Revan is currently doing what I say he is doing, as I iz him, as are you.

Ok so this is my conclusion it will be more clear if you read the republic commando novels by Karen Travis.

No.

Agreed. I have read enough about Karen Travis to know that she hates the Jedi and has a hot passion for all things Mandalorian.

reading these threads is making me like kotor less

Agreed I will also included the Mandalorian fanboys.

He shouldn't die violently' date=' it'll just make him a martyr to his fans, rather let him die stupidly (like being smashed by a speeder in KotOR3).[/quote']

Agreed

HK-47 Assassination :carms:

:lol:waffles:lol:

Revan is a playable, customizable, plot device not a person in history that can have a career after kotOR.

Agreed

Archived