Home

NEW EXCITING THREAD OF REVAN JUST FOUND!

Jedi Master Revan

Do you think that this theory is true  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that this theory is true

• I very much doubt Revan could be still alive
    • Hell yeah, i agree with this idea, GO Revan !

I have a question. Who really cares about whether or not Revan is dead or alive. I would rather wonder what the "True sith" are and what he is doing to prevent their coming from the Unknown Regions.

I have to agree. Hearing about Revan's apparent "fate" after the games just makes me like them less. It detracts from the wonder and mystery we all feel when we think about it

Also Kotor 3 is coming out already. As an MMO. It is up to Lucasarts if they want to make another single player RPG or just continue with this. But that is not the purpose of this thread. I apologize for detracting from the subject

Honestly in my opinion topics about Revan's history before and after the games are just there to please fanboys. It is much more satisfying to have Revan's history ambiguous. To keep a true roleplaying experience alive

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a question. Who really cares about whether or not Revan is dead or alive. I would rather wonder what the "True sith" are and what he is doing to prevent their coming from the Unknown Regions.

I have to agree. Hearing about Revan's apparent "fate" after the games just makes me like them less. It detracts from the wonder and mystery we all feel when we think about it

Also Kotor 3 is coming out already. As an MMO. It is up to Lucasarts if they want to make another single player RPG or just continue with this. But that is not the purpose of this thread. I apologize for detracting from the subject

Honestly in my opinion topics about Revan's history before and after the games are just there to please fanboys. It is much more satisfying to have Revan's history ambiguous. To keep a true roleplaying experience alive

As one of the fanboys you speak of, I hate threads about the history of Revan. They are essentially just garbage.:(

Ow i forgot to state guys that i am talking about Revan during K.O.T.O.R 2 and a few years after until K.O.T.O.R 3 will come out.

Astor Kain:

She would most certainly feel it, due to their force bond and personal connection, i haven't seen any link or info that could dissapprove of that, mind wiping or not.

Jonathan7:

Yoda never knew how to extend his life beyond his jedi yoda life span, only one jedi has lived longer than a thousands years and that jedi became a tree for almsot 5000 years ^^, although i can't fnd his name or remember it. Yoda was also prepared to die, as he foresaw that his contribution to the jedi and the galaxy had ended, and that it was time for luke skywalker to face destiny.

JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan:

bastila could have probably not felt it if revan died because the force may have been shrouded in darkness, with the jedi civil war, rise of the triumvirate, etc.

(remember, in time of the prequels, it was increasingly hard for the jedi to see into the force (have visions of the future etc) because of the growing darkness in the force... remember yoda: "Dark, It becomes...")

the darkness cannot shroud connections, you are talking of their powers to see the future and visions that were forced in anikin's mind from darth sidious, Yoda felt Mace Windu's death even before the mass slaughter and they had a strong connection with each other, and the sith were almost at the height of power during then, through sidious anyway, how would you explain that?

GTA:SWcity:

If the emperor turned Revan and Malak against the light and into the dark side, why didn't Malak foresee or even give any indicatin of any kind that he had an entire empire right behind him that could crush him at will, while he weakneded the republic, doing the dirty work, and the fact that he looked as if he didn't know about them or the emperor.

And thankyou for your compliments

I also agree that we may need a third hero e.g. Mandalore, Canderous in this case.

EDIT: One last thing, maybe nobody had the technology that *we* know of. If you read "truce at bakura" by kathy tyers you will find that the Si'Ruuvi had some vile technology that was similar...or at least it sounded similar in that their ships used sentient life energy as a battery and they ran their ship with it. Though that took place starting a day after the end of ROTJ, but the technology sounds remarkably similar. I'm not at all sure the idea for the SF didn't come from this story.[/b]

I think your talking about technology similar to the Yuuzhan Vong here.

And i haven't ahd the time to think it through completely the idea is under construction and i didn't even have the time to type that idea down, so sorry about the punctation, i hardly have time to finish this reply!

As for the lifespan of the exile and Revan, they could live beyond what you think their capable of, how do we know that the emperor isn't human? How do you think he preserved himself and why is he leaving a dark side council on Courasant.

I hope it is not true,

Revan as the Sith Emperoror still alive ?

They say on the Official TOR site the emperor could use Force techniquies to extend his life.

Like I said I don't like the idea and hopefully is not where they are going with this!!

Just let Revan live a normal life span and die, it is bad enough they are doing this with the whole story line of Darth Krayt! Humans can only live so long, it does not matter how strong they are in the force!

Revan is as dead as the Detroit Lions chances of winning one game. :)

Ouch, and true none the less.

I hope it is not true,

They say on the Official TOR site the emperor could use Force techniquies to extend his life.

Like I said I don't like the idea and hopefully is not where they are going with this!!

Just let Revan live a normal life span and die, it is bad enough they are doing this with the whole story line of Darth Krayt! Humans can only live so long, it does not matter how strong they are in the force!

I don't like it either. It's like TOR is making Sith/Jedi out to be like Wilhelm from Xenosaga.

I hope it is not true,

thats not possible the 'True Sith' emperor vanished during the hyperspace wars well when it ended, so Revan could not have been the emperor. How the thought of that force power is quite unimaginable and wasn't there a jedi on the front cover of a book healing a trooper who had a hole in his chest and was dead, perhaps she found the way? ( this book was set during the clone wars )If the emperor could find a way i am sure Revan and the Exile would be able to, maybe not the Exile, more like Revan due to his unique thirst for the knowledge of the force compared to the Exile.

:lsduel:

I don't think we'll see any old faces. It's a fresh start for the TOR timeline, so I'm sure theres all new people.

Well, some art seems to suggest that HK-47 will put in an appearance. I'm sure we'll have abundant references to the KotOR characters, though.

@Topic - Revan's dead, gone and done. And it'll probably be for the best. If this new Sith Emperor was to turn out to be Revan, it would be a major letdown - because it would involve BioWare reworking the released plot, and it would probably feel like a blatant attempt to bring KotOR fans into the fold - one which would drive me away. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Emperor character unfolds - having him be an established character would be disappointing.

The 'components' of KotOR and TSL (Revan, Exile, Ebon Hawk) should be left alone for TOR to be a worthy addition - if it would adhere to the overarching 'dark threat from the Unknown Regions' storyline, and maybe give a few references to the old characters, their actions, perhaps their fates (but not Revan/Exile), it may be alright.

SW01 please don't make me repeat it again even if it is a though, It is impossible for Revan to even be the sith emperor, he was either still training to be a Jedi at the time when the 'True Sith' emperor fled to the unknown regions, or he was still a kid waiting to be found, and the emperor that fled msut of had force training to be capable of sustaining his life and gather the remaining sith, i doubt that a liffle Revan could be the leader of the sith at that time and i doubt they would follow a seemingly harmless boy who has ot even taimed the force within him yet!

I think that HK-47 and T3-M4 will have a large part to play just like C3-P0 and R2-D2, also i get a hint that we might here Brianna the last of the handmaidens in it as she became a Jedi Librarian which i think was Atris's role as well.

As for Carth Onasi do you think he might have a part to play? i reckon when K.OT.O.R 3 actually does come out he might still be alive as i don't think it will be set more than a dozen years after K.O.T.O.R 2.

If this new Sith Emperor was to turn out to be Revan, it would be a major letdown - because it would involve BioWare reworking the released plot, and it would probably feel like a blatant attempt to bring KotOR fans into the fold

SW01 please don't make me repeat it again even if it is a though, It is impossible for Revan to even be the sith emperor, he was either still training to be a Jedi at the time when the 'True Sith' emperor fled to the unknown regions, or he was still a kid waiting to be found, and the emperor that fled msut of had force training to be capable of sustaining his life and gather the remaining sith, i doubt that a liffle Revan could be the leader of the sith at that time and i doubt they would follow a seemingly harmless boy who has ot even taimed the force within him yet!

Well, quite. The released plot states when the Emperor was about. That conflicts with Revan being alive. Not to mention it would make a nonense of the 'dark threat undercurrent of TSL. The point is that some seem to wish it, but it would be farcical.

On Brianna, Carth, et cetera - I believe their only 'appearance' will be in the form of a reference made to them by another character at some point, or perhaps brief cameo appearances in databanks or holocrons, as Bastila and Carth were in TSL. As for HK and T3, though the art for HK is there, surely he would have been seriously outclassed by the time of TOR's setting? Same with T3...

All the same, it would be nice for them to have a small role, seeing they are the only characters from the original that could reasonably still be alive.

And yes, as Qliveur said it must be emphasised that KotOR 3 as we all imagined it is not happening...

Well, some art seems to suggest that HK-47 will put in an appearance. I'm sure we'll have abundant references to the KotOR characters, though.

@Topic - Revan's dead, gone and done. And it'll probably be for the best. If this new Sith Emperor was to turn out to be Revan, it would be a major letdown - because it would involve BioWare reworking the released plot, and it would probably feel like a blatant attempt to bring KotOR fans into the fold - one which would drive me away. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Emperor character unfolds - having him be an established character would be disappointing.

The 'components' of KotOR and TSL (Revan, Exile, Ebon Hawk) should be left alone for TOR to be a worthy addition - if it would adhere to the overarching 'dark threat from the Unknown Regions' storyline, and maybe give a few references to the old characters, their actions, perhaps their fates (but not Revan/Exile), it may be alright.

There's no doubt that the droids seems to outlive all other characters in Star Wars, and for an old assassin droid like HK-47 to survive so long without getting destroyed by the many new models being created over a span of 300 years would be simply amazing.

thats not possible the 'True Sith' emperor vanished during the hyperspace wars well when it ended, so Revan could not have been the emperor. How the thought of that force power is quite unimaginable and wasn't there a jedi on the front cover of a book healing a trooper who had a hole in his chest and was dead, perhaps she found the way? ( this book was set during the clone wars )If the emperor could find a way i am sure Revan and the Exile would be able to, maybe not the Exile, more like Revan due to his unique thirst for the knowledge of the force compared to the Exile.

If you go to the TOR official Site they talk about an Emperor that used these Force Techniques, not the Emperor from the Hyperspace Wars even then the Sith were in-fighting to figure out who would be the Emperor. This Game I think is suppossed to take Place as part of the Great Jedi vs. Sith War that spawned Darth Bane and the Rule of Two. Don't quote me on that, I am not sure on the whole timeline.

What relevance does this have? Of course he was alive during the events of TSL, but how does this apply to the MMO that IS NOT KOTOR III? Even so, if Bastila died first, then we won't exactly know when Revan does.

Being 300 years too late killed all ties to KOTOR. It barely brushes the original two games.

If you go to the TOR official Site they talk about an Emperor that used these Force Techniques, not the Emperor from the Hyperspace Wars even then the Sith were in-fighting to figure out who would be the Emperor. This Game I think is suppossed to take Place as part of the Great Jedi vs. Sith War that spawned Darth Bane and the Rule of Two. Don't quote me on that, I am not sure on the whole timeline.

you need to read the thread more carefully mate, it says that the remaining sith lords vanished and fled into the unknown-regions and on of the sith lords become the emperor

What relevance does this have? Of course he was alive during the events of TSL, but how does this apply to the MMO that IS NOT KOTOR III? Even so, if Bastila died first, then we won't exactly know when Revan does.

Being 300 years too late killed all ties to KOTOR. It barely brushes the original two games.

i agree however i think that part of the Star Wars era signifies the end of the Revan Era and an end to his major influence upon the universe, i don't mean completely however, and i am talking about K.O.T.O.R 1 and a few years after 2, i agree on the Bastila part, if she died firt then that would mean Revan outlived her as she would sense his death if he did die! Do you see what i am tryin to say here? I also felt the shock cauused by Lucasarts or the game company thats releasing this mmo, like many others i don't really understand how and why they would stretch it that far into the future from K.O.T.O.R 1 and 2

hey i like you ideas in the response to this thread and all my other thread, however i will warn you if you are going to just reply with:

just get over it its a game

or anything that isn't related to the topic will be given a warning from me from now on, if you do this twice i will report you to the admin for inappropraite replys to a thread and the fact that they aren't even relevant to the thread, i mean come on whats the point giving a complete negative comment to a peson who tries to keep the spark alive, thats what a forum is for, talking and experessing ideas, so please don't do it and think of how others will react before replying, thanks.

Wow.

You all jumped on the poor guy. I know that sometimes we can get into heated arguments with subjects that we know little about such as Revan. Fear of the unknown. ;)

All I'm saying is we can all have our opinions, but some of these posts are borderline flaming. Just throwing that one out there. People should have a right to their opinions (no matter how CRAZY they may sound to everyone) and not be immediately shut down by just about everyone. Treat others the way you want to be treated? =3

Also, to lighten the mood... Imagine what Revan would look like if he/she (c'mon, I'm not a Revan fan BOY, its way cooler to think of Revan as a strong female Sith. There needs to be more strong women in the Star Wars universe...), in theory LIVED that long? I would want to kill him to put him out of his misery.

Also, if we're giving him/her a ridiculous death, what could possibly be a more stupid demise than falling into the Sarlacc Pit?

Getting killed by a Jawa. Yup, you heard me. Imagine Revan getting killed by a jawa, by accident or something. The 'lil guy was playing with a blaster he didn't realize still worked, and shot Revan right between the eyes. Uh huh, I think that would be pretty bad, and the most unsatisfying end to the icon of fanboyness. (Soooo, who wants to make that a reality? ;) )

This whole thread is pointless. I want kotor 3 with revan, i dont give a s*** to mmos(i hope the creators burn in hell), but this is ridiculous. You know, people die in real life too, so it would make sense for revan to be dead or die in a game. I just either want to play it or let it be a mystery. Glory to Allah.

Archived