Home

NEW EXCITING THREAD OF REVAN JUST FOUND!

Jedi Master Revan

Do you think that this theory is true  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that this theory is true

• I very much doubt Revan could be still alive
    • Hell yeah, i agree with this idea, GO Revan !

Actually, it's completely possible that Revan is already dead by the end of TSL. Not even Darth Traya knows where she/he is, remember?

However Bastila could easily sense him whenver he went and touch him through the force due to their powerful force connection that is highesten by the bond that they share remember?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
However Bastila could easily sense him whenver he went and touch him through the force due to their powerful force connection that is highesten by the bond that they share remember?
If that is true, then why doesn't Bastila know where Revan was in K2?

Even she didn't truly know where Revan went. This means that their bond has been cut off, either by the extremely long distance between Bastila and Revan, or more likely, Revan is simply dead. Face the facts.

This whole thread is pointless. I want kotor 3 with revan, i dont give a s*** to mmos(i hope the creators burn in hell), but this is ridiculous. You know, people die in real life too, so it would make sense for revan to be dead or die in a game. I just either want to play it or let it be a mystery. Glory to Allah.

Your on warning one, next time you do it, your getting reported m8 and i feel the same about the mmo right now, and i wudn't mind Revan dieing thats why i posted my prediction of him dying in my latest thread, however you do not need to express such radical and extreme views when i am just expressing my ideas for fun and to give questions for people who want to talk about K.O.T.O.R and after it. If you don't like a thread then don't read it.

thankyou

If that is true, then why doesn't Bastila know where Revan was in K2?

Even she didn't truly know where Revan went. This means that their bond has been cut off, either by the extremely long distance between Bastila and Revan, or more likely, Revan is simply dead. Face the facts.

No matter the distance, I think she could still tell if he died. I think that he is too far for her to sense him, or he is in an area heavy with the Force and hiding. But who knows? And we likely won't ever find out because they don't seem to care what the fans want.

Your on warning one, next time you do it, your getting reported m8 and i feel the same about the mmo right now, and i wudn't mind Revan dieing thats why i posted my prediction of him dying in my latest thread, however you do not need to express such radical and extreme views when i am just expressing my ideas for fun and to give questions for people who want to talk about K.O.T.O.R and after it. If you don't like a thread then don't read it.

thankyou

Just a friendly note - leave moderating to the moderators. :)

No matter the distance, I think she could still tell if he died. I think that he is too far for her to sense him, or he is in an area heavy with the Force and hiding. But who knows?

To paraphrase Yoda in Episode II - Cloud everything, the dark side does. Just and if their bond was as strong as people (including the OP) are claiming, then why didn't Revan feel Bastila's fall to the dark side? Or her immense pain from torture?

The reason is because their bond isn't as strong as people would like to think - it's certainly not as strong as Kreia and the Exile's.

Astor Kain:

She would most certainly feel it, due to their force bond and personal connection, i haven't seen any link or info that could dissapprove of that, mind wiping or not.

And I haven't seen anything that would prove it.

I choose to believe that the 300-year gap is a poorly veiled attempt at connecting the MMO to the SPRPGs for fans of the series, while also allowing themselves to cash in on published material to fill in the gap, including possibly a KotOR 3 down the line.

My problem with this actually differs from most others I've read. IMO, for an MMO world to be successful in creating a deep and compelling setting, it needs to be built on a foundation with a strong attention to detail. In the Star Wars universe, 300 years is hardly a long time (Yoda's race can live over three times as long for example), and especially so in a setting where the Republic itself is a monument to historical continuity. Furthermore, because we are able to side with the Sith, we will be privy to information about their own history.

The point being that if the Sith Empire was able to emerge as a contender to the Republic, and these Sith are the ones that Revan was possibly searching for (which my interpretation of Bioware's information suggests this is the case), then we know that Revan and the Exile "failed" in some fashion to eliminate this Sith threat (whether corrupted, defeated, etc. etc.).

If Revan and the Exile were in meaningful conflict with these Sith at some point, somebody, somewhere in the MMO world will have some information about what happened to them, and why. The alternative is that they were essentially "lost in space," tarnishing the storylines created in the SPRPGs.

Assuming that there was a conflict involving Revan, the Exile, and the Sith (and others), many of the long-term consequences of this conflict will already be observable in the MMO, which vastly erodes the weight one can give to one's decisions made in an intervening KotOR3.

Anyway, not saying that a KotOR 3 under such conditions wouldn't be a lot of fun to play...just that the effect of feeling your choices can change the course of events in the galaxy would be diminished, since so much less is available to the imagination.

I choose to believe that the 300-year gap is a poorly veiled attempt at connecting the MMO to the SPRPGs for fans of the series, while also allowing themselves to cash in on published material to fill in the gap, including possibly a KotOR 3 down the line.

My problem with this actually differs from most others I've read. IMO, for an MMO world to be successful in creating a deep and compelling setting, it needs to be built on a foundation with a strong attention to detail. In the Star Wars universe, 300 years is hardly a long time (Yoda's race can live over three times as long for example), and especially so in a setting where the Republic itself is a monument to historical continuity. Furthermore, because we are able to side with the Sith, we will be privy to information about their own history.

The point being that if the Sith Empire was able to emerge as a contender to the Republic, and these Sith are the ones that Revan was possibly searching for (which my interpretation of Bioware's information suggests this is the case), then we know that Revan and the Exile "failed" in some fashion to eliminate this Sith threat (whether corrupted, defeated, etc. etc.).

If Revan and the Exile were in meaningful conflict with these Sith at some point, somebody, somewhere in the MMO world will have some information about what happened to them, and why. The alternative is that they were essentially "lost in space," tarnishing the storylines created in the SPRPGs.

Assuming that there was a conflict involving Revan, the Exile, and the Sith (and others), many of the long-term consequences of this conflict will already be observable in the MMO, which vastly erodes the weight one can give to one's decisions made in an intervening KotOR3.

Actually, it's probably unlikely that anyone would have heard of Revan 300 years after KOTOR 1, except for historians and the like.

Actually, it's probably unlikely that anyone would have heard of Revan 300 years after KOTOR 1, except for historians and the like.

Umm--there's a pretty decent record of the important things were done by, say, George Washington in the 1700s. I don't need to have met him to know that he led the Continental Army of the American Colonies, crossed the Delaware River on Christmas 1776 to attack Trenton, resigned his commission at the end of the war, was elected President of the United States of America, twice, and didn't lie about the cherry tree he chopped down as a kid. ;)

Is there anyone alive who knew George Washington? Obviously not, but many of his historically relevant exploits are known--and the Star Wars universe has a lot deeper historical tradition than colonial America with all the technology about.

Assuming Revan interacted with the Sith in some fashion following his disappearance, he figures into their history too.

My point is that a historically conscious people generally do not let somebody as important as Revan was completely vanish into obscurity, and if there is unresovled information that has some bearing on current events in the MMO, some people should exist who have dedicated their energy to discovering what he did and what became of him.

Stop trying to equate Revan to some no-name chump that lived 300 years before. The first two games set him up as one of the most influential characters of the era, so if he became a no-name when we look back at him 300 years later then LucasArts completely and illogically sold out on the KotOR series.

My point is that a historically conscious people generally do not let somebody as important as Revan was completely vanish into obscurity, and if there is unresovled information that has some bearing on current events in the MMO, some people should exist who have dedicated their energy to discovering what he did and what became of him.

Stop trying to equate Revan to some no-name chump that lived 300 years before. The first two games set him up as one of the most influential characters of the era, so if he became a no-name when we look back at him 300 years later then LucasArts completely and illogically sold out on the KotOR series.

Revan being forgotten isn't any more improbable than public memory of the Jedi essentially vanishing in less than 20 years.

No matter the distance, I think she could still tell if he died. I think that he is too far for her to sense him, or he is in an area heavy with the Force and hiding. But who knows? And we likely won't ever find out because they don't seem to care what the fans want.

Naaa i will tell you how force sensibility works then, well the name itself says it all, although i will just interpret it, force sensibility allows you to sense someone in the force to know their presense and to extreme measures feel their pain and emotions nothing else, this is proven through Bastila's message through T3-M4 and through the Exiles connection with Kreia, i know i am going kinda off topic however, how the hell did Kreia force a bond with the Exile and how did it become that powerful?

Just a friendly note - leave moderating to the moderators.

lol i know except the mod having been doing anything about it when its happened so many times in my threads or they just havent seen it, i mean mods have power but not the power of eternal awareness not being checky or anything, and no i wont do anything rash or immature or even mod like, except reporting....i think thats enough.lol.

• 3 weeks later...
you need to read the thread more carefully mate, it says that the remaining sith lords vanished and fled into the unknown-regions and on of the sith lords become the emperor

My point is that I don't think nor want Revan to be the emperor, in the MMO.

If you are talking about If they made a 3rd installment of KOTOR (not MMO) then yes he is still alive, kinda sort of has to be to finish the trilogy (if they make it a trilogy)

As far as the site for the MMO goes, the time line is kinda skewed they talk about the true Sith Race, then about the Jedi Order destroying the Sith civilization on Korriban during the rein of Naga Sadow who was the empeor at the time of the Hyperspace wars. (the Sith training academy during the Revan era is not mentioned on the site)

then they say"Unbeknownst to the Jedi however, the last Emperor of the Sith managed to escape the carnage and fled into Deep Space with his most trusted Dark Lords." http://www.swtor.com/info/story/sith-empire

The Wookipedia article on Naga Sadow kind of explains it a little better, saying that it was another Dark Lord that fled to the unknown regions to rebuild the sith empire.http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Naga_Sadow

So apparently the Sith race was alive and well just broken into different sects.

Some of them in the Unknown regions and Naga Sadow on Yavin 4.

Not to mention We don't know if they plan to bring Revan into the MMO other than mentioning him as an imporant historical figure. If they wanted Revan to be in it as the Emperor they could have him find the "True Sith" kill the Emperor and takes his place. Then have him pose as the Emperor and keep himself alive with these questionable force techniques.

***Please don't respond to this saying I am crazy and such for suggesting what I just did I was just stating that we don't know what thye have in mind for the MMO and if they wanted to tie Revan into it that is one way they could do it.***

Bottom Line I as a fan of the series Would not like to see Rean In the MMO other than a historical reference. I would how ever (if they make KOTOR 3) Would like to see him still alive to finish the series, at the very least learn of his fate if he is dead.

These are my theories:

*Revan-light side:

+Revan is dead.I read about Darth Bane.As i know,Darth Bane encoutered a holocron of Revan as the Sith Lord on Lehonn.So,if Revan is alive,he will return to Lehon to destroy the holocron->there will be no

holocron for Darth Bane.

+Revan is alive:he must be forgetful.He forgot about the holocron is still there (j/k)

+Revan is alive,but surrounded by the Sith and desperatly needs help.As a result,he can't return to Lehon to destroy the holocron.So Darth Bane encountered it.

*Revan-Darkside:the holocron has nothing to do here if Revan is a dark-sided.

I think if there's no KOTOR3,we should be allowed to decide which side Revan is(decided in KOTOR1 ending) in the MMO.

p/s:i'm sorry for my bad English.I think it makes this confusing.

It depends upon what time period we're talking about here. If we're talking about the time around the end of Knights of the Old Republic II, then yes, I believe that Revan is still out there somewhere battling something. If we're talking about the time around when The Old Republic will take place, then no, I don't think there's any way Revan is still alive.

• 2 weeks later...

the only characters who could return in terms of lifespan would be Hanharr, Zaalbaar, Hk-47 T3 M4, G0-T0(god i hope not) and if the exiles ability to drain the force energy of others was somehow able to extend her life by draining the life force of others (i doubt it could happen but just throwin a random idea out there) but most likely there will be few returning characters. if any. i hate G0-T0 so much btw.

Archived