Home

Model weighing help

ecko2334

Been using the skin wrapper tut on Psyk0Sith's website. After I do all the skin wrapping and such. When it comes to getting it to compile into a .glm form with assimilate it says "vert <whatever> on mesh "whatever" has no weights". Figuring I missed something in the tut. Went to the error guide and kinda says I need to weigh the model. Figuring I didn't weigh something properly with the skin wrapper? Idk kinda lost after I click convert to skin. I did that for all the body parts. What else is need be after that on all the body parts ...Please help. :(

Well when I'm in assimilate I've so far gotten different answers on the weighing part. It would one minute say hair is not weighed then the next say the hands not weighed or the next time I try it say the hips aren't weighed. Followed the tut to the letter and I've even used the autolink script.

This time I went through fresh and tried a new model and this time instead this time got "vert (1) on mesh "bolt_uchest_r" has no weights."

Idk keep trying and it's like skin wrapper isn't weighing the model. Maybe it's just me or it's the model.

The model appears to be correctly skin wrapped, but there are some areas that will require some troubleshooting. It's almost there, all player modelers have experienced these kind of errors, sometimes you forget a few verts and most of the time you need to tweak the weight distribution for better movement.

To catch verts left behind, you need to rotate the bones and you will see those stray verts "stick" into place while the rest of the mesh follows the bones correctly. Dont forget to turn on angle snap and ALWAYS put bones back into their original position.

Another way to catch the verts is by looking at the color of the weights, whenever you see a blue section it means very low value or no weights. I strongly recommend following the skin modifier tutorial to understand how things work:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/tutorials/skin_modifier.htm

Unweighted verts

Since the clothing is not skin tight like the source mesh so not everything was "caught" by skinwrapper. Go back and manually weight these areas, the sleeves are the first obvious meshes. There's no way around this, tweaking will always be involved when the mesh is different from the source.

Meshes that needs weight:

-Hair styles: some unweigthed verts at the back

-Under the chin of the "head mesh"

-l_arm and r_arm (the hanging part needs weights)

-Finger tips on both hands need weights (you can reuse the hands from the sdk file if you want, if you do, rename them correctly)

I suspect the hips_belt mesh will need some adjustment, as of now it's weighted as a "stiff mesh" but the lower part of the torso has some movement into it.

Unlinked hierarchy

For some reason the head was not linked to the torso, the extra hair styles appear to be linked correctly to the head but the head itself was not linked to the torso.

Archived