Home

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

leXX

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

intuos3_6x8_1.jpg

Wacom Intuos3 6x8 tablet. My first tablet. It feels awesome to use, and seemingly works by magic.

Also got the Pixar Short Films collection volume 1 on DVD., lots of candy, 20$ from grandma, and various other stuff. Excellent haul.

Want some salsa for that chip on your shoulder?

Seriously though, you got a lot more than the vast majority of the children of the world.

Nothing but love TiE <3

I don't like salsa. :''' (

And I got more house than most kids in the world, so HAH!

Just saying that cause I'm looking at Ave's and Wally's loads. And I know IG got something pricey, so there, I'm making all you feel guilty... lol. Feel sorry for me dammit. D''':

(I keed I keed)

I did get a nice ass camera back in June for mah birthday, so that's cool. Oh, and we'll finally be getting a real TV in our living room, so that's great.

Just saying that cause I'm looking at Ave's and Wally's loads. And I know IG got something pricey, so there, I'm making all you feel guilty... lol. Feel sorry for me dammit. D''':

Yeah, but you're talking to somebody who has gifts cominf from her parents, grandparents, 2 great grandma's, multiple aunts and uncles, multiple cousins, AND my boyfriend's family. I just have a LOT of family.

Christmas is the only time of the year I get ****. :p

Perfect Dark (N64)

Slalom (NES)

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

Wario Land Shake It (Wii)

Resident Evil 4 (Wii)

Link's Crossbow Training (Wii)

Rush - Hold Your Fire (Vinyl)

Rush - Presto (Vinyl)

Rush - Rush (CD)

Dream Theater - Awake (CD)

Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence (CD)

Dream Theater - Octavarium (CD)

David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust (CD)

Yes - The Yes Album (CD)

The Police - Outlandos D'Amour (CD)

Rush - Grace Under Pressue (CD)

Fleetwood Mac - Tango In The Night (CD)

Rush - Snakes and Arrows Live (DVD)

Rush - Rush In Rio (DVD)

Dream Theater - Chaos in Motion (DVD)

Queen Rock Montreal (DVD)

Acoustic B200 200 Watt Bass Amp

Straplocks

Bass strings

300 dollars in cash

80 dollars in various giftcards (McDonalds, Burger King, movies, gas)

Before anyone even starts on me being spoiled.... (:p) I don't get anything else during the year practically, while you all get a ton of expensive stuff, so don't any of you even dare try to start ****. :p And while theres a lot there, a lot of it was bought for around 5-9 dollars (the CDs/vinyls). I spent just about as much on presents as I got :p And like Ave, not even half of that stuff was from my parents. :p

Before anyone even starts on me being spoiled.... (:p) I don't get anything else during the year practically, while you all get a ton of expensive stuff, so don't any of you even dare try to start ****. :p And while theres a lot there, a lot of it was bought for around 5-9 dollars (the CDs/vinyls). I spent just about as much on presents as I got :p And like Ave, not even half of that stuff was from my parents. :p

Hey, I didn't get anything big at all this year, birthday included, and the most noteworthy thing I got for Christmas was a 100-pack of Earl Grey tea.

Hence, I do believe I have the credentials to say:

You're spoiled!

I love how this thread is already gaining potential to become a consumerism and greed guilt workshop. If you get a good haul, you're greedy. If you wanted more, you're jealous and unappreciative. If you didn't get so much, it's free license to act holier than thou.

So... like, don't judge. *Looks at Roxstar*

Our new TV looks nice, too.

My girlfriend got me a Lichtenberg figure!

Cylinder1a.jpg

It's a piece of acrylic that they pump a charge from a tesla coil (or similar high voltage generator) into until the acrylic hits the point of dielectric breakdown and the charge is able to briefly flow through it. The streak left behind is a burn from where the charge tried to find a path to ground. It's like frozen lightning! :)Video of one being made

Btw, the ring I got her was very well received. She cried, she shook, and then she hit me because she thought there was no way I could top her gift. :D

Wacom Intuos3 6x8 tablet. My first tablet. It feels awesome to use, and seemingly works by magic.

Ooh, very nice!

Btw, the ring I got her was very well received. She cried, she shook, and then she hit me because she thought there was no way I could top her gift. :D

A specific type of ring, mayhaps? Is there a chance of an engagement thread in our future?

_EW_

I love how this thread is already gaining potential to become a consumerism and greed guilt workshop. If you get a good haul, you're greedy. If you wanted more, you're jealous and unappreciative. If you didn't get so much, it's free license to act holier than thou.

Sounds like someone's feeling guilty at being so greedy and consumeristic.

Oh, Tie. You capitalist whore.

:xp:

Sounds like someone's feeling guilty at being so greedy and consumeristic.

Oh, Tie. You capitalist whore.

:xp:

I have no shame. :V

And actually, except for spending money on my gaming hobby, I'm pretty mellow spending money otherwise. I always get the discounts, I opt for the cheaper screens, the cheaper speakers, the food that's on sale. And I couldn't even name my brand of pants right now. My phone is nice but basic, and my MP3 player cost me $90 refurbished a year ago.

But in reality, I didn't expect much, and I didn't get much. And for the whole touchy-feely crap about Christmas really being about family... Christmas dinner wasn't very appetizing and I spent most of my time playing Wii bowling with my sister, dad, and cousins... but dammit, that was fun, too.

Oh, and I'm getting a DDE on my copy of Wii Sports, bummed out my dad big time. : (

So... like, don't judge. *Looks at Roxstar*

Ha sorry man. I was a bit hasty on that terrible terrible salsa joke. I got a ton of **** too, I was just trying to be funny dammit!

Oh, and I'm getting a DDE on my copy of Wii Sports, bummed out my dad big time. : (

Brasso that ****!

Ha sorry man. I was a bit hasty on that terrible terrible salsa joke. I got a ton of **** too, I was just trying to be funny dammit!

Oh jeez, it seemed like you were trying to make me seem like a greedy dickhead for a second there, cause you know, I never get tired of having to defend myself. My mistake. :[

Brasso that ****!

Tried some wonderful toothpaste, didn't help there. But then again its the weird DDE, the disc is pretty good still. Very few minor scratches, nothing serious. Seems like a bad sign. :|

Did test one other game, Super Mario Galaxy, and it worked fine.

Ooh, very nice!

A specific type of ring, mayhaps? Is there a chance of an engagement thread in our future?

_EW_

I posted about it on the Very Good Things thread but, oh well, I'll post about it here too because it is a Christmas gift, after all. :D

It's an approximately one and a half thousand year old Celtic bronze ring unearthed ten years ago in an excavation of the Roman Legion occupied area in Vidin, Bulgaria. I gave it to her as a promise ring although an engagement ring probably isn't very far off. She loves odd gifts/old things and this was the only thing I could think of that could top the heart shaped meteorite pendant I gave her over Thanksgiving. :D

ring0fc8.jpg

ring2xy6.jpg

ring3in6.jpg

I posted about it on the Very Good Things thread but, oh well, I'll post about it here too because it is a Christmas gift, after all. :D

It's an approximately one and a half thousand year old Celtic bronze ring unearthed ten years ago in an excavation of the Roman Legion occupied area in Vidin, Bulgaria. I gave it to her as a promise ring although an engagement ring probably isn't very far off. She loves odd gifts/old things and this was the only thing I could think of that could top the heart shaped meteorite pendant I gave her over Thanksgiving. :D

That is likely one of the coolest things I have ever heard :D

Well played, Rhett :)

_EW_

Archived