Home

New Screenshots 12/26/08

Nedak

Nice, I haven't been on forums since video release, good to see a steady influx of new stuff, I actually like all the pictures this time, and I'm very pleased to see the T3 model droid and normal looking figures in the Sith Meeting room :)

As I commented in forum, the shot of the (imo) excavation device, has some columns around it that look a bit poor design wise, I know there is many generations of Sith tombs and many before the Dark-Jedi came, but it's a bit too Chicken scratch for the luxurious self-indulgence we've come to expect from Korriban.

It has made me want to play the game more though which is a relief as I was initially put of by the first few screens.

I'm not extremely pleased with these screenies. T3 looks like he's missing a few critical parts, i.e., his main eye. Korriban looks absolutely awful with the bright orange tint, more like a Martian landscape. The blasters are still large, the local village looks like a module out of KotOR I, and the Sith look like a bunch of Jedi. Lame.

Does anyone else think that their stylised realism better captures the feel of Star Wars than ultrarealism?

Definitely not this era, maybe the era between EpIII and IV, since GL has decided to make the Neo-Holiday Special in the form of the Clone Wars re-hash.

I think this era needs gritty realism, not design shortcuts and compatibility, but my argument is moot cus they aint gonna change it, lets hope they polish it a bit more :)

my Idea of stylized realism is KotOR 1, tOR is bad comic art meets WOW.

I dunno, I think it seems to capture the feel better. It also makes the in game footage almost indistinguishable from the concept art. Something that most games do not capture. I think I like it better than realism. Granted it might be that it just grew on me. But I like that it looks more like comic book cartoon realism than Clone Wars cartoony realism.

I'm not extremely pleased with these screenies. T3 looks like he's missing a few critical parts, i.e., his main eye. Korriban looks absolutely awful with the bright orange tint, more like a Martian landscape. The blasters are still large, the local village looks like a module out of KotOR I, and the Sith look like a bunch of Jedi. Lame.

It's not a T3. 300 years without technological advancement would be bad. Maybe it's hist new, upgraded body (if it's even him).

Does anyone else think that their stylised realism better captures the feel of Star Wars than ultrarealism? I love that shot of the Astromech Droid and the Protocol Droid. Very R2-D2 and C-3PO.

Yes. Dare I say '70's like campiness?' Loving it. The same choice (cartoony/realism) made WoW a good game as well. Even if you don't like the graphics technically (it's has no anti aliasing etc) they are brilliant in their own right. And Bioware understands this, it seems.

Note:

We see many screenshots. I heared an Aplha build reaches it's designation when the engine functions. But this seems strangely in-game ish and quest-like. All these locations. I wouldn't be surprised if these screens are older.

Even if you don't like the graphics technically (it's has no anti aliasing etc) they are brilliant in their own right. And Bioware understands this, it seems.

Then again, we don't know how much more tweaking is going to be done with the graphics before the game goes gold.

Archived