44 members have voted

1. 1. Most anticipated game of 2009

• Brutal Legend
    • Sam and Max Season Three
    • Wallace and Grommit's Grand Adventures
    • A Vampyre Story 2
    • Insecticide Part 2
    • Deathspank

It would be Brütal Legend without any question, except there's still no PC version announced. Correct this mistake please, Double Fine.

It may surprise some people that I voted for Wallace & Gromit given how I've been worrying about it so much. Let's just say Jake persuaded me... and that Eurogamer preview raised my expectations even more.

All we need is Peter Sallis in there and it'll be raised even higher on my Most Wanted list!

Insecticide: Part 2 since I had so much fun with Part 1, but Wallace and Gromit should be good as well.

I never cared about heavy metal and I don't own any of the new generation consoles, so Brutal Legend is not that anticipated by me, even if I like hacking demons with an axe... plus despite of being a huge fan of Schafer's adventure games, I didn't enjoy playing Psychonauts if I may be so bold to say it loud.

DeathSpank definitely should be on there, but it wouldn't take the gong for me from any game on that list.

Insecticide Pt 2 I'm looking forward to, but I've already basically played that game so it can't possibly beat any of the others - except AVS2, a series I'm still only just getting into.

Sam & Max Season Three of course I'm looking forward to, also Brutal Legend despite me probably not being able to play it until 2010 if it doesn't turn up on PC.

If there was a PC or even a Wii version of Brutal Legend, I would have picked that. If DeathSpank was on the list I'd have picked that as I'm so looking forward to seeing what Ron has up his sleeve.

But from the list, and choosing games I have a chance of playing, Wallace & Gromit gets my vote.

I'm a bit apprehensive about Sam and Max: Season Three. Telltale said they didn't want to have Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson voice Sam and Max, which really irritates me, because Lucasarts still won't release either of those projects in which those two actors voiced them!

Because of this, I've written a petition about it:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/samandmaxvoices

Did anyone really think I wasn't going to take action?

Hmm, I think you're a little late to the party there Bad Asp. It would've been good before Season One, but to complain about it at this point seems a little silly, especially as most people have got used to the current voices. In fact, I'm sure there's a lot of people playing the new games who never played the original.

I was also pretty disappointed because their voices changed but as good as Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson were, I've grown to like the "new" voices just as much. The cartoon had different voices too and changing the voice cast for the third season just wouldn't work for me. Wouldn't be very consistent.

I still couldn't vote for Season 3 though. 2009 is going to be legendary...and brütal.

Archived