Home

The KoTOR PC expirience, am I missing out?

Darth Kelvazu

So wazap peeps, brand new to the forum and brand new to KotOR I & II on PC experience as well. I played the games before but only on xbox which, for some reason was very laggy and froze from time to time. I decided to get the pc versions for my brand new Qosmio Laptop to play the games smooth and hassle free :D but before anything I started doing some digging on a subject a heard much about, mods. However, since am so new I have no idea where to start or what to download, am sure if I download the files I can manage to install them myself but how can I do that if i have no mods currently downloaded.

So, I decided to register here to ask you guys a question...

If anyone knows, what are some MUST have cool mods and required mods for KoTOR II TSL that people know for sure are compatible with each other and will enhance my gaming expirience? I have heard of mods that add entirely new planets O_O, add quests and characters, and even allows for more custom sabers...things like this would be awesome as just thinking about it gets me hyped up. KoTOR I & II by themselves where awesome, I can barely imagine how cool it would be with some mods. Any help would be appreciated.

Moved to Padawan's Lounge -- j7

Welcome to the forums, Darth Kelvazu. Not sure this is the right place for this post, but I'll try to answer some of your questions.

For KOTOR I, not much is needed to expand upon the game experience their because it's a complete game and doesn't have too much in the way of bugs. However, a mod I recommend is Brotherhood of Shadow by silveredge9. It adds a whole new storyline and tons of new content to the game that does not conflict. The only downside is that there are some bugs, KOTOR I is hardcoded so that you can't level up beyond 20 (meaning you can get to the max of your power too quickly, especially with extra content mods), and this was silver's earlier work so the modules aren't reskinned. He's currently working on an expansion (Solomon's Revenge) that not only contains Brotherhood of Shadow but fixes a lot of what was wrong with it.

As for KOTOR II, the problem here is that it's a very incomplete game: most of the content was cut out so they could get the game done early. Also, lot's of bugs, incomplete quests, and damaged dialog. There are restoration projects that are out to fix this: The TSL Restoration Project (the largest and most crucial), the M4-78 Enhancement Project (which is improving the partially restored planet M4-78 by Darth Stoney), and the TSL Content Restoration (which was born out of the ashes of the failed K2RP: The Unrestored Content). None of these are finished but try M4-78 by Darth Stoney until then.

So I decided on which mods to install before i start a new game on TSL, so does anyone know if the following mods will work fine with each other?

USM[ultimate Sabers Mods] =

Coruscant-Jedi Temple =

90SK's Super Content Mod

M4-78

You will need a patch for M4-78 and USM to work together. - http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/M478_USM_Compatible;89480

Ok cool, so should the rest have no major problems running together?

You'll need a fix for the Galaxy map as both M4-78 and the Jedi Temple Mod, add new planets to travel too; I'd PM DarthStooney to ask about compatibility with the Jedi Temple mod; you may also wish to review the release thread in TUCE for updates - http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=187953&highlight=Jedi+temple And read the readme.

Archived