Home

Congrats to the Detroit Lions, first team ever to go 0-16... oh, and PLAYOFFS!

How'bout them Detroit Lions? Not even winning one, single game this season. Ouch.

Sorry, Jeff. :p

So, for those who watch the 'american' football, who are rootin' for this year to win the Super Bowl?

Personally, this is what I'm hoping for: (my winners in bold)

NFC

Atlanta Falcons v. Arizona Cardinals

Minnesota Vikings v. Philadelphia Eagles (I like 'em both, but I think Philly is the better team)

AFC

Indianapolis Colts v. San Diego Chargers

Baltimore Ravens v. Miami Dolphins

Those are my pics for the first round. After this round is finished, I'll choose for the next.

EDIT: ****, my bad, see what happens when you don't proof-read. :p

Can't say the Lions didn't give it their best effort down the stretch, but, uh, it wasn't enough.

Minnesota Vikings v. Philadelphia Eagles (I like 'em both, but I think Philly is a better teams)

We'll see. Mr. Peterson still needs to learn how to hold on to the football.

Baltimore Colts v. Miami Dolphins

When did Indy move back to Baltimore?

Who are rooting for this year to win the Super Bowl?

Personally, this is what I'm hoping for: (my winners in bold)

NFC

Minnesota Vikings v. Philadelphia Eagles

AFC

Baltimore Ravens v. Miami Dolphins

Those are my pics for the first round. After this round is finished, I'll choose for the next.

Fixed for accuracy. Neither West divisional winner deserves to be in the playoffs. There is no way that the Miami's offense is good enough to beat Raven's defense. The Vikings first team barely beat the Giants second team.

Black & Gold all the way.

my Wild Card and Divisional Round picks:

1st Round, NFC:

Atlanta at Arizona

Philadelphia at Minnesota

2nd Round, NFC:

Atlanta at Carolina

Philadelphia at New York

1st Round, AFC:

Baltimore at Miami

Indianapolis at San Diego

2nd Round, AFC:

Indianapolis at Pittsburgh

Baltimore at Tennessee

I actually don't think the Lions are the worst team in the league, though they will probably go down as the worst sports team ever. If you watched their games, they had a lot of close games (including a close loss against Indianapolis). I think they're better than the Rams and the Chiefs but guess we'll never know. I actually got to go to the Bengals/Chiefs game this past week so that was fun to see a win.

For the playoffs, I guess I like Miami and New York. I absolutely despise Pittsburgh and Baltimore, and I couldn't be happier that New England is out. I'm also somewhat of an Indy fan, so I'd be happy to see them go far, but I just love the turnaround Miami has made this year so I am really rooting for them.

I think they're better than the Rams and the Chiefs but guess we'll never know. I actually got to go to the Bengals/Chiefs game this past week so that was fun to see a win.

I'd say they are better than the Rams, but I'm not sure about the Chiefs. Both are pretty brutal. And even without a bona fide QB, Calvin Johnson still managed to be one of the top receivers in the league. Just imagine the what he'd have done with one.

I'd most certainly have to agree that it was nice to see the Bengals finish somewhat well. Winning the last couple games.

I’d say if the Lions played the Texans 16 times, the Lions would have at least 8 wins. The Texans only seem to be able to win half their games no matter whom they are playing

And even without a bona fide QB, Calvin Johnson still managed to be one of the top receivers in the league. Just imagine the what he'd have done with one.[/Quote] Same goes for another Johnson in Houston. Even with Carr, Schaub and Rosenfels as his quarterbacks, Andre Johnson has become one of the best receivers in the league no one has ever heard of.

NFC

Minnesota Vikings v. Philadelphia Eagles (tough one, on one hand Philadelphia won their Super Bowl last week by getting into the playoffs and knocking the cowgirls out of the playoffs. I also believe a running game wins playoff games and (as much as it pains me to say anything nice about someone that played at ou) Adrian Peterson is the best running back in the league. I’m picking the Eagles because the game is at home.)

AFC

Baltimore Ravens v. Miami Dolphins (This is more wishful thinking on my part)

The only game that matters this week: Jan 5, 2009 Glendale, Ariz.

Fiesta Bowl

Texas v. Ohio State

The Longhorns win big over the Buckeyes causing Jae to :cry6:

nah, the Rams are far from the worst team in the league this year. for starters, the Rams did go through a fairly tumultuous season given the switch at Head Coach. you also can't forget that they blew out Dallas fairly early in the season a week after they won at Washington. combine that with their last 3 games this year which they lost by a combined 7 points (including a 3 pt loss to Atlanta), and i'd have to say that the worst team this year was not St. Louis.

the worst team award has to go to Dallas. come on: a team that *everybody* picked to *win* the Super Bowl at the beginning of the season, and they don't even make the playoffs?? on paper, that team just had too much talent for them to miss the playoffs, and then they couldn't even put up much of a fight in the game that would get them in it (the 44-6 loss @ Philly). watching the Dallas Drama Team this year has been one of the craziest and stupidest things i've ever seen since i started watching pro football, and that just speaks volumes about how a team should work instead of that tired formula of stacking your collection of players. forget a new stadium, they need to go back to the drawing board on how to design a team that's willing to play together and work together like they're supposed to.

I'd say they are better than the Rams, but I'm not sure about the Chiefs. Both are pretty brutal. And even without a bona fide QB, Calvin Johnson still managed to be one of the top receivers in the league. Just imagine the what he'd have done with one.

I'd most certainly have to agree that it was nice to see the Bengals finish somewhat well. Winning the last couple games.

Definitely agree about Calvin Johnson, I believe he tied for first in touchdowns for WRs. One of the very few bright spots we had this season. The other that I can think of is that Jason Hanson set the all-time 50+ yd. field goal record. Hooray for kicker being our best player!

I don't get it. On paper, the Lions sure don't look like the best team, but 0-16? No team should ever go 0-16 in the modern NFL. Is it coaching, injuries, or just bad luck at the end of games?

My Saints just missed the playoffs, so I'm hoping The Panthers go all the way this year. Jake Delhomme went to my College and grew up about thirty minutes from here in the same town as my dad. I'd love to see him win a Superbowl.

Second to The Panthers, I like The Falcons, but history is against them. Still, it would be pretty cool to see them win it all, but only if The Panthers are eliminated my someone else. Head to head, I'm going with The Panthers.

Baltimore Ravens v. Tennessee Titans - I want the Titans to win since they are like my second favourite team, but I dunno. Those Ravens sure are lookin' good.

San Diego Chargers v. Pittsburgh Steelers - I absolutely despise the Steelers. And I don't really like the Chargers, but I'd rather them win then the Steelers.

Philadelphia Eagles v. New York Giants - Eagles all the way.

Carolina Panthers v. Arizona Cardinals - I don't mind either them. But I think Carolina is the better team.

Baltimore Ravens v. Tennessee Titans I hated the Houston Oilers Tennesse Titans because their owner moved the team from Houston to Tennessee. The Oilers became my team the moment they drafted my childhood hero Earl Campbell. Now I want Tennessee and Bud Adams to win to stick it to the Houston Texans.

San Diego Chargers v. Pittsburgh Steelers Hate the Steelers, because they were the greatest team in the 70's and kept the second best team from reaching the Super Bowl. I'm going with the Steelers because they are the home team.

Philadelphia Eagles v. New York Giants – The Eagles needed a miracle just to make the playoffs, but after they manhandle the cowgirls and the Vikings in consecutive weeks, I starting to think they are a team of destiny. We will see if they can dethrone the reining Super Bowl Champion.

Arizona Cardinals v. Carolina Panthers The Panthers are undefeated at home this season, so I don’t see them losing now.

By confidence in my picks has been shaken since I went a big O-for last round.

I did however get the only one that matters correct. Texas beat that little team from Ohio.:xp:

I'm very disappointed with who's gone far this year as the Steelers and Ravens sit right up there with the Patriots as my least favorite teams in the league. I suppose I'm rooting for the Eagles then because the Cardinals barely deserve to even be in the playoffs.

Archived