Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

I prefer to say it:

"Single and completely pessimistic to looking" :dozey:

That also works. I won't deny it...

But, after several decades of banging my head against a wall, hoping that somehow a new attempt will turn out somehow differently, I think it's time to accept fate as gracefully as I can muster.

Isn't the textbook definition of insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It feels like a no-win situation to me sometimes. Either you have no one, living only for yourself, which stinks unless you devote yourself to something else important, or you have someone, and have to put up with all the B.S. that that implies, which also stinks. And there will be tons of B.S., because men and women have completely lost their identities in our society, which is becoming increasingly androgynous. A true complimentary relationship is impossible now, because the differences and implications thereof are no longer respected, putting the spouses into a competetive and stressful situation. There are some men and women who have not fallen into this trap, but they are few and far between.

helps if i GO somewhere... :rolleyes:

Well, got my interview done. I can say that it seemed to go very well

but basically, with out having to give out my life story, everyone whom I knew in Monroe2Boces are all in higher places now, so its nice to have friends there ^_^

esp. when one of my former teachers is now the main exec who runs the Elementary Science Program, where my mom works :rolleyes:

And we made it to Friday. SWEET! :D Work is going better today. One of the regulars took the day off so I get to run his machine. Might watch the dark knight at lunch. Son had his first BB game tomorrow. Have to work some O/T on Sunday.

Made the last payment on our Yukon last week. Oh yeah. Now to just keep it running. :)

wow.. i really know how to get the thread going in the wrong direction

Right now, I don't care if I am seeing someone. My life is fine where it is. But I am certainly going to make an effort to ask some girls out.. dinner, coffee/tea and Damn them if they say no and miss an opportunity

oh and btw i am at work right now.. have use of a computer connected tot he internets. They put me in charge of the warehouse dock.. WOO.

I find myself torn between entering two tournaments: the People's Tournament later this month at Westgate Lanes and my local bowling association's championship tournament next month at North Bowl Lanes in N. Attleboro. There's a bigger top prize in the People's, but the idea of being one of my city's champions (the local association event is commonly called the city tournament) has always appealed to me, and I'd have three shots at becoming one (there are events for 4-man teams, doubles and singles...four if you count the all-events title).

What do you guys think? I can only bowl one of them due to my budget, so which one?

wooooop!!!! hit my first deer on the way home...well...rather it hit me. no visible damage..i saw one in front of me was like '**** it' kept driving..then BAM! on my left side, was like 'ok what the **** ever yo!' and well heh whatever...supposed to get alot of snow tomorrow...god im tired. went to 2-3 bars tonight...the mines...well i'd say why they call it that but it wouldn't be nice on these forums. anyway. had like 4 rum and cokes, 2 smirnoff ice, a blue kamikaze shot, and a jell-o shot. went to a diner, got some fries and water. tomorrow work is going to suck cause well...supposed to get alot of snow, so it'll be a slow day! so it can't suck that bad....maybe i'll get snowed in?

:D

The zombie survival guide is one of the reasons I now own rifles...the zombies are coming.

Have my first week off in a couple of years, not sure what I'm going to do. Today I think I'm going to do some cleaning, maybe watch some movies to. Try and figure out where I can put more weapons...I'm more or less surrounded by my collection.

Really productive day at work yesterday. Got a lot of really important maintenance projects finally wrapped up... and had a really good long lunch to boot!

We made a lot of changes that should make things easier and more efficient in the long run. Whoo-Hoo!

Also had a meeting about me becoming the webmaster of the division's intranet page. The changes they want to make in the short term sound easy. The long term goals sound super ambitious. Hmmm...

Slipped on a set of stairs carrying a box down from an upper deck. Bruised the crap out of my arm. Blah.

That's going to suck when I have to tackle the shoveling tomorrow. More snow tonight... and a ****-load of it too.

Hooray...

Went out with a bunch of co-workers to a great barbecue place in Brookline last night. It was a good time... though the place is so popular and hopping on a Friday night that it took us over an hour just to get a table.

(The food is TOTALLY worth it, though! I also have it on good authority that the beer selection is too...)

Have a couple of errands to take care of this afternoon... then I HAVE to start on that cellar room this weekend. Not having that space to use has been driving me batty.

And as far as my romantic travails:

Zarg:

I don't drink, and I've never been interested in quick, meaningless hook-ups. So really, the bar scene just isn't for me.

Not that I haven't tried it, too... way back in the ancient past. Hated it... and really had no better luck there than anywhere else anyway.

Plus, there's now the additional complication of sharing a pretty small house with my elderly mom. Coming back to my place with someone I just met isn't really much of an option these days...

I have decided that I'm going to do my best to not think about it for the first quarter of this year. 3 months. Seems a good period of time to try to get my mind back in order.

After that, I'll reassess as to whether or not I really want to continue along that path or not.

Archived