Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

Gears of War 1 is pretty freakin sweet. It makes me a bit upset that I don't have High-Definition to thoroughly enjoy it. It's still great though, different feeling than Halo, Ghost Recon, and Call of Duty. It has a more suspenseful atmosphere to it.

The campaign is so awesome in the first Gears. I remember playing it for the first time and how suspenseful that was. Have you completed it yet?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we need to co-op on army of two sometime.

do NOT move in with her yet dude.

the friction caused from moving in with my WIFE was fun enough. let alone someone you barely know.

x2 to the gears one comments, the campaign was so awesome

yeah, that's how i roll bitch! ;)

I'm starting to get comfortable with this relationship. it's only been 2 weeks...pretty hard to believe i've made that much of an impact on someone that she'd want me to move in. Then again, i really want to get to know her better before i actually make that decision. I absolutely hate drama. and i know my parents are gonna be up my ass with it once i tell them what's going on. They're like...the only force stopping me from truly just being myself.

Thank God, because yourself is being a fool. Two weeks and the only reason you can think of not to move in with this woman is how your parents would react? Nothing about this seems strange or imprudent to you? OK, I'm calling this one right now: this is a Wayne's World 2 senario - she's going to want you to kill her husband. Remember, when she gives you the gun, ditch it in the bushes and get the heck out of there.

R15 you've had some pretty stupid ideas in the past, but if you do this, it will be by far the most idiotic thing you've ever done.

i have til august 28th to make the decision to move in with her.

i do what makes me happy. that's what's important.

in the long history of bad ideas, (The Holocaust, Final Solution, Japanese Brutalist, Cambodia Genocide, The Bush II Doctrine, Money, the Universe) this may be the SINGLE MOST BAD IDEA I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Edit: No, this is not the worst idea I have ever seen. This idea is trumped by the creation of religion.

I have nothing to add to all of that... other than this being apparently your first real experience with the female gender at this intimacy level, you are bound to not be thinking clearly.

You should also see this not as the final relationship of life... but as something to explore and have fun with, but perhaps not commit too quickly to anything permanent.

But again... look who's talking. It's been years since I've had anything that looked like it could possibly lead somewhere more.

But don't lose your head over the first nookie you get. There's a lot more territory to explore out there. Keep your options open.

Just did sound for 9 different bands... and this was only the rehearsal for tomorrow night. Gotta sit through the whole thing all over again.

I just love my life some days. :dozey:

Why can't I stop reading this thread?

We are just that awesome.

:dozey:

No... on 2nd thought, that's probably not it.

It probably has to do with the innate part of human nature that makes reality shows so popular.

We are all living on a text-based reality show. Hmmm...

Rounding out my classical collection. I sat down and made a huge list of all the works I care about from all the composers I care about and figured out what I'd have to buy to complete it. Then I went out and found the best recordings, according to my tastes, and purchased them. Actually, I still have some Beethoven and some keyboard works of Bach to get, but that can wait - can't do it all in one go.

Really, music is the only thing I love and spend money on, and I make a fair amount of money, so this wasn't a big deal. I don't own a lot of things. I don't care about having lots of expensive clothes or antiques or electronics, and I never go out, so aside from keeping myself alive, I don't really spend money on anything. My musical instruments, CD collection and library of sheet music are the only material things I consider important. With the occasional exception of video games :joy:

Archived