Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the exchange rate where it is, I can buy most stuff for a lot less than it would cost me to convert my money to USD to buy it there. When you're saying for a week and cooking (most of) your own meals, the more boxes of cheap Canadian Kraft Dinner I can smuggle across the border, the better. :p

Funny you mentioned the peanut butter... I actually bought a jar to bring with me yesterday, after discovering (after buying groceries in Skowhegan on my trip down last year that "Extra Creamy" apparently doesn't actually mean extra creamy down there. One week of torn bread was enough for me.

I'll say one thing for New England, though... Those Shipwreck fellers brew some might fine suds.

In other news, someone just fired what sounded like a .30-06 round somewhere northeast of my house... Slightly disturbing, considering that the only things in that direction are a golf course, an upper-middle class subdivision, 3 acres of dirt field, and a throughfare that connects this area to the downtown bridge. It's possible that it came from another direction and my ears are playing tricks on me, but it's also snowing like there's a factory clearout event in the snow store, so I have no idea why anybody in their right mind would be out hunting right now.

Ahh, the joys of living within spitting distance of the city limits.

Work was dull... but I got some webpage updates behind me.

Went out to eat with some friends last night. To Chick-Fil-A. I had never been there. It's a pretty far drive out of the city to get there, and I'm the only one with a car.

It was pretty good for fast food... but still...

Walked around the mall we were at for a whole afterwards. So many stores closed or closing. Scary.

Thousands of obnoxious teens milling around, not buying anything. (Note to self: Stay away from the mall on Friday nights from now on...)

Saw a $500 Millennium Falcon Lego kit.

I have never wanted anything as much as I want that right now.

Work today was canceled (bummer... because it was a show-fee day :( ) but I had to get up early to help someone move, again.

(But he's one of the guys who helped me put down my cellar floor, so I guess I owe him...)

Then I have to run all the errands I blew off last weekend when my plumbing went berserk. Then get back home and catch up on sleep. I'm so wiped out... and we are only getting busier at work for the next month. Ugh...

Moving sucks... even when it isn't yourself.

I hope this guy stays put for more than a couple of months this time, or I don't think I'm helping again.

Didn't much else done today. Too tired.

I really can't remember what it's like to not be tired all the time anymore. Blah.

Cracken,

Don't worry I have knives, guns, and swords (and war clubs, axes, hatchets, hammers) to spar. Enough for all of us.

The UPS guy must love my house, one day he is dropping off a sword, the next 500 rounds of 308 ammunition, the next black powder and bullets, another day its a rifle (I'm still amazed remington mailed my rifle back to me, I was sure I was goign to have to go to the factory and pick it up). Oddly enough he never asks for signatures and some of the boxes have the nice dangerious materials label on them.

Cracken,

Don't worry I have knives, guns, and swords (and war clubs, axes, hatchets, hammers) to spar.

SPARE! XP

(I'm still amazed remington mailed my rifle back to me, I was sure I was goign to have to go to the factory and pick it up).

GOING! XD

Oddly enough he never asks for signatures and some of the boxes have the nice dangerious materials label on them.

DANGEROUS! ^_^

Sry, I don't get enough chances to rag on you for ragging on my spelling and grammar errors in my posts. XP

Archived