Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

Giant orchestra here tonight, with a 40 voice choir... playing nothing but themes from video-game scores.

Interesting.

Leaning heavily towards Final Fantasy territory... but a few other things thrown in there for good measure.

No Halo, though... I'm somewhat shocked and disappointed.

I'm not actually working the show... but I stuck around to help out with the setup and to hear a bit of it.

Sounds pretty good.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These were all Berklee students, part of an on-campus Video Game Music club... so I'm not sure if it will be exactly the same event.

It's a cool concept though.

I wanted to see them bust out some Grim Fandango selections, though... then I'd know they were really hip!

Ah... nice.

The most interesting VG-music event I saw lately was by a friend of mine, who's band played all the song selections from Guitar Hero live, as someone played the game next to them on stage.

Pretty hilarious!

Wow... so this e-mail correspondence with this lady is going into it's second month. It was dicey this week since her yahoo e-mail account dropped a few of my e-mails (Btw I hate Yahoo) and I was late in asking her our to dinner this weekend. hopefully next weekend. So at what point is she officially my "Girlfriend" and I am her "Boyfriend"

Hey! I did something interesting today!

I went to this one anime store that I never been to before, they call it 'Hammergirl', meh it looked bigger, but it was a decent side store.

a hell of alot more manga in one place that I've ever seen. even more then those double story Barnes and Nobel stores they got in mall's in Norfolk

dvd selection? kinda crappy if you ask me. but the plushies and the figurines are quite in the abundance. I told myself that I'd hate myself if i didnt get a figurine >.>

Started out the day with a dry mouth.

Cat waked me up

Cooked up some eggs sausage and toast for breaking my fast

took kitty to his pre-op check with the vet, pass with flying colors

helped out my parents and went out to lunch with them

finished reading "Off Armageddon Reef" by David Weber and took a nap with kitty

cleaned up my kitchen to "Mother approves" standards

Prepared some Apples for dehydration and made some Lemonade

wasted some time on the net, played Alter Ego, and died as a child.. stupid game

Then wasted the rest of the time watching ranma 1/2 with a kitty sleeping in his lap

Been at work since before noon. Now it is almost midnight.

Ugh.

Show went (mostly) well.

Time to go home.

There's a lot of things I should get done tomorrow... but I'm also thinking that I have 6 almost equally long work days in-a-row ahead of me this week... so I think tomorrow is going to be an epic "blow it all off" day.

Oh,.. I've had more than my share of those.

In the year before I started college, I was working 2 full-time jobs a day... with overtime.

So I worked the 2 to midnight shift at Bradlee's; then the midnight to 8am shift at Shaws. 5 days a week. And a couple of weekend shifts at both.

I was racking up 90+ hours every week. Sometimes well over 100.

I'd sleep from 9am to noon.

I also once had a 72+ hour day, on less than 4 hours sleep.

(5am Friday morning, until 6am Sun. night/ Mon. morning... straight through. No sleep. 4 work shifts and 6 recording sessions, all back to back. The weekend just before my mid-term exams too. Ahh... good times.)

Well... so much for ANY plans I might have had for today...

More plumbing problems. All the drains backed up. :mad:

This time there isn't as much clean-up involved (I caught it early enough that the floors didn't get too wet...) but it's still enough to ruin my day.

I'm waiting for a professional this time, though. I really don't want to have to suffer through this again.

Oh,.. I've had more than my share of those.

In the year before I started college, I was working 2 full-time jobs a day... with overtime.

7mo deployment ;)

12hr days, plus another 6 for other bullcrap that i had to do. if worse at least weekly i had days where there was a constant work schedule, sleep is for the weak. :rolleyes:

I can only imagine what it will say about mine.

The Roto-Rooter guy just left. He pulled at least 20 pounds of tree roots out of my pipes.

I hope that solves it forever. Cost me about $400.

Now I have to spend the rest of my evening sterilizing my floors, the tub, and all the sinks.

What a fantastic day.

AND I still have to go out and do some shopping... but I'm sure-as-hell not going out until I have a shower. I'm not taking a shower until I clean the tub. I'm not cleaning the tub until the bathroom floor is clean enough to kneel on.

And I haven't had anything to eat today, either.

Archived