Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

yeah, well the problem is i get to sleep then someone ****ing wakes me up. if there wasn't ANYONE around i would actually be able to get sleep. i guess i could resort to sleeping medication on nights i know i have the next day off of work...but i would still be forced awake. i need my own place

i'm just glad it's spring and the ****ing snow is gone so i can get the **** out of the house and do ****.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That... plus the fact that I work late at least 2 nights a week... and usually early mornings on the days I don't.

So usually my work schedule looks like this:

Mon: 1pm - 11:30 pm

Tues: 10am - 6pm

Wed: 1pm - 11:30 pm (unless there's an area meeting... in which case my start time is 9 or 10am)

Thurs: 10am - 6pm

Fri, Sat, Sun: (Depends on the show... but I'm rarely home before 1am on these nights if I work.)

Then I get some 12 to 16 hour shifts a couple of times a month.

2nd shift are for those who like bars and drinking, and don't care about having much of a social life outside of that. Because you go to a bar when things are getting real wild and can stay til the bar closes. and not much happens outside of that

And remember: I have an hour commute home before and after all those shifts.

Had a nice day. Visited Plymouth again. Walked around a lot.

Made my way down to the Cape Cod Canal after that, and walked some of that too. (About 5 miles.)

It was nice and quiet. Almost no people, and zero traffic (unless you count the occasional fishing boat.)

I'll have to go down there when I have an entire day and walk the full thing. (7 miles in each direction.)

2nd shift are for those who like bars and drinking, and don't care about having much of a social life outside of that. Because you go to a bar when things are getting real wild and can stay til the bar closes. and not much happens outside of that

the best thing about 2nd shift it gives you time to work out before work and party after work and have time to sleep the next day. :D I can't think of anything to do in between 12 and 9 pm anyway.

that's why i'm not going to have any kids. i like 2nd shift too much. XD

work today ws boring...not used to working 12-9 on saturdays, usually it's 3-11. it was a boring day.

getting bored just sitting around doing nothing here. i'm almost completely off of caffeine...i've been substituting room-temperature bottled water. i drink about 4 of them a day.

was at a local restaurant yesterday for lunch, saw a cute waitress there and after work i got bored and looked her up on myspace. she likes the same stuff i like, but she has a boyfriend.

.....figures

i need to get out of this ****ing place if i ever want to find a girlfriend. i refuse to date people i work with, cause of the gossip and bull**** that goes with that. it's hard to meet girls anywhere else though, besides at clubs and bars. /rant

I'm playing Fable II more now...wish i had xbox live connected so i could download the knothole glade expansion and the 'see the future' expansion which is coming out soon.

i am pretty tired, and i have to work 11-8 tomorrow. :( only one other person working with me.

not sure what i'll do after work...most likely come home and be bored to death as usual, or i could stop up at my one friends apartment and just chill for an hour or two.

slept with a contact in, tried for 20 minutes to get it out of my eye, then said "**** it, what are eye drops for anyway?" came out easier when i woke up. got 2 pair left of the trial astigmatism pair...gonna save em for thursday and friday. gonna set up my follow-up appointment for friday and order the moist ones cause the astigmatism don't do anything but dry up too damn fast and feel awkward on my eyes.

work was bore today. closed down early cause first storm of the year happened...lots of lightning, couldn't risk the machines breaking.

i'm bored as hell here...did alot of changing things on my myspace account. don't got a tv to game on. just bored as bloody hell. so i might go sleep this bs off, go running or to the gym tomorrow morning before work. the vision center was closed today so gotta set that appointment up tomorrow.

got bored and decided to check this stupid dating site out that my mom told me someone told her about for me. :rolleyes: it's http://www.plentyoffish.com it's free and it seems better than all the other ones so far. heh.

Actually, I am using Eharmony right now. The others were getting me all depressed and doing murder to my self esteem. So far after 2 weeks, I have a meet-up set up for tuesday with a yoga instructor/Massage theripist/farmer. The biggest thing is I am weeding out all the bad ones... went through about 50+ before i found her.

Getting laid or a warm bed is fine.. but it doesn't mean a LTR is definite

i still say that Crackle's had the better idea on the potential of dating 'requirements'

...application that envolved a quiz

mainly if the girl couldnt answer question 42: What is 42?

then it's an instant phail on their part :p

haha that's good. i did the trial of eharmoney...it seemed lame to me. i'm not counting on this one to work, it's just something to do and it's free. so far i found 2 matches that i am betting won't reply to me. i hate shifting through all the ones that have or want kids...i do not want any, end of story.

unless it's an accident.

Many times it's just that. Sheer accident. That's how my parents meet. Unexpectedly at some party. They didn't know it, I mean, my mom was in Nursing school at the time and was like "Screw that, I don't need distract.... oh hai Rick".

Which is why I've stopped trying, and far happier being single and in complete 100% control of my (still young) life and not have to deal with that bull****.

Did it once, and it left me in shambles. Never again!

Archived