Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

even considering that i used to work for these guys when the minimum wage used to be 5.75/hr and I was the only employee, aside from the 'staff'

well at least i have *some* job security.,..

haha. well, work for them and save money to move to an area where you'll have better opportunities for employment.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah... sounds about the same. $435K would buy you a nice, newish, big one family around here.

My house is tiny, built in the 50's, needed a lot of work, and I paid over $200K in 2001.

Granted: I have a water view, at the end of an isolated street... so I paid a premium for the location as well.

Sounds like you are earning more than I am... which I guess is to be expected. My job doesn't pay bad for what it is... but it is an educational institution. I'm sure I'd be making a heck of a lot more if I went out on tour with a big national band.

That life doesn't interest me much, though...

Survived the show. It actually went pretty well... for another "16 back-to-back-to-back bands that have nothing to do with one another" type concert.

I'm going home feeling good about things, for a change.

I also met that kid who started the Facebook group about me a while back after the show. He was pretty apologetic... and I'll take it as sincere.

Sox opening day was rained out... so my commute home should be fairly painless.

Yay.

I think this year was one of my best. Was over $85K and when you consider my wife makes as much if not more then me we are pretty blessed.

Homes out here with a water veiw are well over 300K for a starter, there is a place not far from us that a developer was selling water veiw lots , no house, at $500K. :eek: Out of the 15 some odd lots only 3 have homes on them in the past 2 years. I think the guys on crack myself.. We have a mountain veiw that a realator said is worth $50K extra.

Hmmm... yeah. That's a nice take with the both of you.

My base salary isn't that high... though I have gotten close to that number for the last couple of years by working a lot of extra "Pro" shows. (Don't get much in the way of time off if I do, though.)

Having my mom pay her part of the household expenses went a long way... though her salary was a bit less than mine. Now I'm going to have to get used to covering most of it by myself from this point on.

I am contemplating trying to play the organ instead of the piano for Easter Masses. I have been practicing on it, but I'm not too comfortable with it yet. Hm...shall I go for it and risk screwing the whole thing up, or play it safe? Well, I have a few more days to practice, I suppose, though not much free time...

Meh... I say: Scrap the whole thing, and perform exclusively on the bagpipes!

3 days practice is more than enough time to get good at them, and create a pleasing sound.

Or... never be asked to play again. Perhaps excommunicated...

Well... Either way: It will be the most memorable Easter ever!

:joy:

got the tv and xbox 360 set up, just gotta get the cable and i'll be back online. :)

I called a recruiter today, his phone wasn't on, so I left a message, he's the station commander (his rank is SFC) of a recruiting office, so hopefully i'll have a better chance at getting back in.

That sucks!

Sooo... steal me a TV to get back at them.

:dozey:

Just mixed 11 different guitar bands back-to-back. Went mostly flawlessly.

Good god... next time I run into some punk who thinks he can do what I do better than me, I'm just gonna hand the reigns over and walk away and not look back.

If nothing else, I could stand the night off... but I seriously doubt he'd be singing the same song on the other side.

Wish I could have taken Good Friday off, but instead I have to work "overtime." I put that in quotes because they don't pay me extra for extra time. Actually, they don't pay me anything for extra time. Not that I'm complaining about the money I make, because it's good, but, you know, a little thanks for giving up my life to make your software, guys? They're fortunate I have no life, I guess.

So tuesday I asked for time off so I could spend it with my niece. We were "Too busy" and during the day instead of having me leave early, we sent two people home early. Wednesday I was asked if i wanted to work friday or Thursday (I would have had the other day off) I decided thursday. When I came to work I was then asked if I wanted to leave early since it was dead. Worked 90 minutes and went home, and slept

Now the lady I have been E-mailing with since January is going to meet up with me for lunch.

Going to have to call the other one (that has the farm) since she hasn't contacted me for a week

Why do you want to get back into the army?

i want to serve my country.

went out with my friends last night to a club in wilkes barre, it was pretty fun time. there was a fight at the end (typical) this guy ran and punched somene in hte back of the head, the security guard went predator on him (appeared out of nowhere grabbed the assaulter and vanished) then the guy that got hit got up and started swinging his fists and pushing girls and my one friend grabbed him and threw him against a wall. crazy!

going out again tonight. :D

Anyone here work at Best Buy? No? awesome.

So yeah, I get ****in' demoted. I get less per hour and pretty much lose my benifits that comes along with being a Senior because the "Position isn't required anymore for the function of the sales floor."

that's wrong to lessen your pay, you should threaten to sue them.

Now that I'm sober. (I had alot to drink last night), I started applying for other jobs (not that there are many). Going to pick up a paper today and check the classified, and craigslist today as well.

find me one too.

$8/hr isnt great :p

I met up with the lady I have been e-mailing forever for lunch. We actually were able to talk about more then our pets this time. I think it had to do with me being more relaxed. I walked her back to the building where she works and she gave me a hug. defiantly need more hugs in my life

As for the farm girl. No idea... left her a message on her phone. Probably too embarrassed from out last meeting

Keyan, you need to play the organ. Period. Give it everything you've got. Neither the Gloria nor "Jesus Christ is risen today" sound right on the piano.

Well, "Jesus Christ Is Risen Today" is indeed on the list, but the Gloria will be that David Haas Mass of Light nonsense, which definitely was written for the piano.

Anyway, I'm going to head over there tomorrow and see if I can make the organ work for at least some of it. We'll see. I feel pretty exposed without the sustain pedal to help me cheat :dozey:

Archived