Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this morning went for my run, decreased my time a little. warming up and stretching prior to the run definitely helps, and i'm not hurting as bad. gonna alternate between 2 forms of running. tomorrow gonna do 30/60s. (30 seconds sprint, 60 second recovery) my goal is by week 3 to make an assault run up this 2 mile hill that leads to my parents' house and do that for a week. it's about 3 miles walk to get to the base of that hill, and it's almost all incline.

the bbq was alright, only one other person besides my friend was there. some 47 year old woman he knew. she was cute. ;) i probably could've got some but i've been there and we all know how great that went.

got home, played some call of duty 4....rank 31 now. :) decided to load up Fable II and check out knothole glade expansion. thanks to my one friend who explained what i was doing wrong, i got through the dungeon i was stuck in. the new expansion is pretty sweet. i want to get the 'see the future' expansion next....it's like 590 ms points though...so i think i'll enjoy the knothole glade expansion for a bit longer before i try that.

going to meet my grandma on thursday afternoon apparently she's coming up for the day. then on friday i'm going bowling with some friends and to the bar next to where they live for a few drinks...then i gotta stay overnight at my parents' to watch the dog and cats.

gonna continue training the apprentice tomorrow...i'm gonna show him how to close down the lab within 5 minutes, then make him do 2 things of monthly maintenance while i stand by and watch.

So far it looks like i picked the right time to visit seattle. No rain is predicted for my stay.

The sun is predicted to make a showing this weekend. I haven't heard for how long but you just might luck out. :thmbup1:

Early-morning staff-appreciation function/ breakfast this morning over at the new House Of Blues.

Beats working... though getting up that early for something that boring made for a long day. A couple of people in my department won special recognition though, which was good.

Lunch afterwards on the boss.

Came home early and fell right back to sleep.

A full day. :dozey:

picked up a card reader.....let's see if this bad boy works.

and it does!!!

DSCN0132.jpg

as promised!

DSCN0002.jpg

my photo lab...MINE!!!

DSCN0096.jpg

hardware bar in wilkes barre

DSCN0097.jpg

more hardware bar

DSCN0095.jpg

more hardware bar

DSCN0101.jpg

Tink's nightclub in Scranton

DSCN0122.jpg

me chillin under a fallen tree

DSCN0130.jpg

good stuff

DSCN0104.jpg

like in splinter cell, 'stealth/bash door' i chose the 'bash door' option. :p

DSCN0098.jpg

another darwin award moment. -_-

The sun is predicted to make a showing this weekend. I haven't heard for how long but you just might luck out. :thmbup1:

I won't have a chance to see the sun this weekend in Seattle except on SUNday. Want me to bring any Artisan cheese for you from Wisconsin? i think I might be able to smuggle some in the planes hidden compartments

that sucks. and it's raining here which sucks more cause i was gonna go running and i ended up sleeping in, thinking i'll just go later but there's a stupid t-storm on the way. if i had my contacts i'd say hell with the rain and go anyway. glasses sure ruin that. my dad's coming over in a little bit to fix the stupid door. think i'll go out and check my mail and stuff.

well my grandma decided not to come visit after all. she can be such a plan-ruiner. last-minute deciding not to visit, like wtf. I don't really care either way, but at least i would've been able to plan my day better. i might take a little recon trip into new york today...

Well, at least I can go out to lunch in half an hour. Maybe I'll head over to the mall, hit on some ladies... And by "hit on some ladies" I mean, "go to the pet store and look at the goldfish."

rofl nice.

I'll be in and out of here all day probably.

I got a raise, finally, was promised one over a year ago, and of course, it wasnt as substantial as claimed either, but 3% is 3%. Good timing atleats, we have a cost of living adjustment coming, so it will raise my already raised pay another 3% probably.

Might see a friend's band play tonight. It means hanging out at work until 9 if I do though...

It's 6 now... so if I go get a long dinner somewhere, that might not be too bad...

But I've always promised her I'd go see her play, and have yet to make good on it.

Had a real good time doing disc golf today. Saw some kit foxes playing around outside their den. Found some Morel mushrooms, and found a garter snake that was about 4 feet long :eek: and got the crap scared out of me when I was walking along and two snakes came out from the ground under my feet

oh yea... got a +4 on the 9 hole course

wooo page 37

The band was good. I'd see them again.

Met her (my friend in the band, that is...) fiance at the show... which was a bit disappointing, 'cuz she looked great!

If she were still single, well, who knows...?

Ah well...

Archived