Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

Saw Dark Knight and Star Trek in IMAX.

Trek was a bit too jumpy to really be enjoyed fully in IMAX. I liked the Batman film better in that presentation.

But the sound is pretty intense. I dig that. A lot of theaters have really crappy sound.

Back in 03 they showed a Star Wars movie at it. Don't even remember which one it was. :confused: If we pay for a yearly Seattle Center membership fee it makes the prices a little better. so the $80 for the membership is almost worth it plus they have some great stuff for the kids.

BTW, work is boring as hell. :thmbup1:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm doing my morning workout....and drinking water, hydrating myself...so gonna call up my friend in a few and see if he wants to go run.

http://www.hundredpushups.com and http://www.twohundredsitups.com i'm on both week 5's column three, day two.

Played a couple matches of Headquarters last night on CoD4 with my one friend, it was pretty fun, you rank up pretty fast doing that!!!!

school is out, so tomorrow after work i think i'm going to take a trip up to the high school's track and do a few laps. :)

thats a pretty decent regiment there R15 if you follow the rest rules.

I did 3 sets of 17 and 3 sets of 15 this morning, not sure on the rest, but we give ourselves 2 minutes total time per set, ie every 2 minutes we started the next set, so 12 minutes total

you dont get much rest by the end.....

I'm just hoping that crunches help me on the situp part of the apft. I know i can pass the pushups, so i'm keeping up at doing them, the situps on the pt test i last took i did 36, and this was without having done any crunches, etc in a very long time.

pushups i can do sets of 20 all day long. i dunno but somehow when i do them 'cadence style' (down up down 1, down up down 2, etc) i can do more than if i am counting '1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc.

Went running on the high school track, it was MUCH easier on me than the roads...which is good cause that is progress. I'm going running tomorrow morning on the roads by me, then after work, I'm going to the track.

I think the girl I was seeing just got engaged. I wasn't really writing about it here, but it was still more or less on with us up until about six weeks ago. I have never felt worse in my entire life.

Been there got the T-shirt

One girl I dated, introduced me to her new Boyfriend. THat is when I knew we broke up. A few months later they were Married.

Been there got the T-shirt

One girl I dated, introduced me to her new Boyfriend. THat is when I knew we broke up. A few months later they were Married.

Well thanks a hell of a lot...

Anyway, let me say a little more. There was a vague post on her blog with a painting, "The Proposal." I know of no other way to interpret this. Now, I suppose I have to call her tomorrow night and find out it it's really true, and let me say that I am not looking forward to that. But things had been going on between us for almost two years, and we had talked about marriage ourselves. I feel like she should have called me and told me about this instead of me having to find out by reading it on the damn Internet.

What do you think, gents - should she have told me herself, or was this appropriate? Right now I'm so confused and upset I don't know what to think.

i gotta work 1-10 today....going running whenever my friend gets here. i had trouble sleeping last night, probably cause i'm not used to going to bed before 12am.

not sure if i'll do the twice a day running thing, i don't want to get achilles tendinitis. i'll just switch up between the road and the track.

Anyway, let me say a little more. There was a vague post on her blog with a painting, "The Proposal." I know of no other way to interpret this. Now, I suppose I have to call her tomorrow night and find out it it's really true, and let me say that I am not looking forward to that. But things had been going on between us for almost two years, and we had talked about marriage ourselves. I feel like she should have called me and told me about this instead of me having to find out by reading it on the damn Internet.

What do you think, gents - should she have told me herself, or was this appropriate? Right now I'm so confused and upset I don't know what to think.

holy ****, dude.....there's a movie that is coming out called 'The Proposal'.......http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1041829/

but...if it's true and she's engaged...well you should yell at her using every obscenity in the book.

Could be nothing. An overreaction on your part reading more into it than is really there. Could just be wishful dreaming on her part...

Or it could really be the case... a whirlwind romance that lead to an offer of matrimony. There's nothing to indicate she has said "Yes" yet, is there? Is there any reason to believe this potential romance was going on at the same time you were seeing her?

Either way: It sucks... but if you were already broken up, she really has no need to have to explain herself to you.

I guess finding out now is still better than bumping into her sometime in the future and being introduced to a fiance (or a spouse...)

Could be nothing. An overreaction on your part reading more into it than is really there. Could just be wishful dreaming on her part...

Or it could really be the case... a whirlwind romance that lead to an offer of matrimony. There's nothing to indicate she has said "Yes" yet, is there? Is there any reason to believe this potential romance was going on at the same time you were seeing her?

Either way: It sucks... but if you were already broken up, she really has no need to have to explain herself to you.

I guess finding out now is still better than bumping into her sometime in the future and being introduced to a fiance (or a spouse...)

The text she wrote with the picture was "Thanks be to God", so I'd have to guess it is real. Though I suppose it could be referring to someone else - her sister was going to get engaged as I recall, but the feel of the post was that it referred to herself.

Yes, I know all about this fellow. We have been competing for her for a while now. He was going to be a priest, and he entered and then left the seminary a few months later. I don't think he left for her, and as of two months ago she told me he didn't know if he was interested in pursuing things with her. Then six weeks ago she told me she wanted to try pursuing things with him, and he was agreeable to it. She knew I loved her and knew what I wanted. I was at a disadvantage in that she had moved to Texas in the middle of our relationship (a move with her family that she had planned before we even met), and he is down there. I did offer to move down there for her.

Considering the circumstances, how long this had been going on, and how recently it had gone on "discernment break" or whatever, I just feel that I deserved a damn phone call to let me know.

The text she wrote with the picture was "Thanks be to God", so I'd have to guess it is real. Though I suppose it could be referring to someone else - her sister was going to get engaged as I recall, but the feel of the post was that it referred to herself.

Yes, I know all about this fellow. We have been competing for her for a while now. He was going to be a priest, and he entered and then left the seminary a few months later. I don't think he left for her, and as of two months ago she told me he didn't know if he was interested in pursuing things with her. Then six weeks ago she told me she wanted to try pursuing things with him, and he was agreeable to it. She knew I loved her and knew what I wanted. I was at a disadvantage in that she had moved to Texas in the middle of our relationship (a move with her family that she had planned before we even met), and he is down there. I did offer to move down there for her.

Considering the circumstances, how long this had been going on, and how recently it had gone on "discernment break" or whatever, I just feel that I deserved a damn phone call to let me know.

Keyan, that's what women do, they break your heart.

You deserver a phone call yes, but more times then not you wont get one. I dated a girl who would go out with other guys and for some odd reason I was supposed to have figured out we had broken up. Guess I didn't get the message... Biotch..... :raise: Any ways..

Maybe she knows how much you loved her and she just couldn't see telling you because she didn't want to see you sad/angry/hurt/ pick one......

that sucks, Keyan, but don't give up hope, engagements get broken off all the time. Then it comes down to it, you're what, 2nd best? to her.........?

thats one way to look at it, and its a pretty stupid way to look at it.

I date ALOT of girls before I dated and married my wife, does that mean she has second/third/whatever fiddle to my other serious relationships?

nope......

Relationships don't work like that, people don't work like that, especially WOMEN. Hell I'm surprised women can function at all most of the time.

Ultimately in that type of situation, R15, you would have to ask yourself, if pride is more important than potential happiness. And I can tell you right now, Pride has ZERO place in relationships, all it does is ruin them.

Keyan: She owes you some sort of a clear message on that. You obviously were seriously involved, and are in an on again off again apparantly. Sadly most people take the easy way out, and it seems she might have.

There is still the possibilty as edlib said, a misinterpretation.

And GUNNER has a solid point to, that maybe she still has strong feelings for you and can't bear to tell you herself. I was romatically involved with a girl that lived about 6 hours away, we had met originally in person. we spent hours talking each week, but it came down to her wanting to date someone she could SEE and didnt have the heart to tell me, so she had a friend of hers get ahold of me to do it.

****. that happened twice to me. God I loathe women.

:jab: hey you!

post some updates on yer life! *shakes fist*

thats what i ment about you showing up during your random times :p

Okay, okay, some updates you say?

1. I won a research scholarship at UMD and will be travelling to the US next month

2. I am leaving my job becauase of it next month

3. Looking back I can say that all these are because I am getting married next month and my future wife is studying in the US

I will stand temptation to write here my story in line with what Keyan wrote. But I will say only one thing: Keyan, you are lucky and don't even look back. Do you remember that movie with Robert de Niro, Bronx Tale? So there is an episode there:

- Louie!

- My grandmother's sick. I'll talk to you later. I got to go do something.

- Where's my ****ing money? - You're dead, you piece of ****!

- C, come here!

- Get over here.

- He's ****ing crazy, this kid.

- The kid wants his ****ing money. What can you do?

- I got to talk to him.

- You gotta stop babying him.

- He owes me money.

- Hit him with a ****ing bat. Knock him all over the block.

- Is that the advice you give the kid, you ****ing hoodlums? Come on. Don't listen to these hoodlums.

- I'm going to Gino's. I'll be back.

- What's the matter?

- This Louie Dumps owes me dollars. It's been two weeks, and whenever he sees me he keeps dodging me. He's becoming a pain in the ass. Should I crack him one?

- What's the matter? What have I been telling you? Sometimes hurting somebody ain't the answer.

- Is he a good friend of yours?

- No, I don't even like him.

- There's your answer right there. It costs you dollars to get rid of him. He's never bother you again. He's never gonna ask you for money again. He's out of your life for dollars. You got off cheap.

- You're always right.

Don't ask for anything. You are saved from more devastating crash.

Keyan: She owes you some sort of a clear message on that. You obviously were seriously involved, and are in an on again off again apparantly. Sadly most people take the easy way out, and it seems she might have.

I was thinking the same thing. And she even told me back when she decided to pursue things with this guy that if I had lived there, things might be different. And I offered to go there. And if I had her address, honestly, I might just go and see her right now. Unfortunately, her parents had just bought a new house and she moved out of her apartment and in with them, and I didn't get the new address.

There is still the possibilty as edlib said, a misinterpretation.

Maybe. A very slim chance, I think, but maybe. I know I have to call her and find out for sure, but I've got to admit, I'm scared to make that call.

And GUNNER has a solid point to, that maybe she still has strong feelings for you and can't bear to tell you herself. I was romatically involved with a girl that lived about 6 hours away, we had met originally in person. we spent hours talking each week, but it came down to her wanting to date someone she could SEE and didnt have the heart to tell me, so she had a friend of hers get ahold of me to do it.

Maybe. I don't know. The problem is, even though they say there are a lot of fish in the sea, there aren't. Not for me. You guys probably remember that I'm Catholic. Marrying another Catholic is essential for me. But there are a lot of Catholics, right? Well, no. Not real, practicing Catholics my age. And it gets even worse, because I have become particularly attached to the rites and theology that existed in the Church before the Second Vatican Council, and I've come to realize that it is important to me to marry someone who feels the same way, because it affects family life very deeply. And the number of people who fit into that category is very small. And a lot of them are lunatics.

On top of all that, I am very introverted and honestly, most people just bore me. For me to meet anyone who I find interesting and really WANT to talk to is rare. Combining that with that rare type of Catholic I am looking for shrinks the possibilities a lot.

And that's even before you add in common interests and mutual attraction. And more than any other person I've met, she loves the same things that I love. I could spend a thousand years with her and never run out of things to say.

It took my six years of looking to find her, and I can't stand the thought of another long search with no certainty of success.

My only consolation is, like I said before, at least I know that I didn't screw anything up this time. If I've lost her forever, it's basically bad luck. And the complete irrationality of women.

Okay, okay, some updates you say?

1. I won a research scholarship at UMD and will be travelling to the US next month

2. I am leaving my job becauase of it next month

3. Looking back I can say that all these are because I am getting married next month and my future wife is studying in the US

thats a good boy. *pats on Luka's noddle*

Keyan, you can't give up hope. There is someone out there for ya and the big man is going to drop her in your lap.

Here is my little sliver of hope for ya. Long story short...

I met a girl at my old church. Started dating and I thought this was it. She met the criteria ( which isn't much ,more later) and she liked me. :thmbup1:

So after about 6 months we get engaged, the day we go for our first pre-marriage counsiling she met me in the church parking lot and called it off. All in all about 9 months time. I was hurt/pissed/crushed/humiliated. Now I have a damn ring I don't need no more either.. Then I realized some good things came of this, her mom really was a flake, her dad was a little out there as well, she ( my girl friend) didn't really have a job yada yada yada.

Now it's about 5 months later... Some friends are getting married. Friends of both mine and my ex fiance.. I'm in the wedding and so is she.....

I'm praying I don't have to walk with her in the wedding...

Then at the wedding rehersal is when it happened. I am so worried about this girl I almost don't see someone else. The girl god brought me.

She too met the criteria... Big boobs and long hair and hot. So I'm a little shallow.. :(

Anyways, the bride & groom know the situation so they paired me with Denise. and now it's been more then 16 years.

I wasn't looking, wasn't worried, and was 27 years old.

DON'T GIVE UP BIG FELLA... :thmbup1:

Keyan, you can't give up hope. There is someone out there for ya and the big man is going to drop her in your lap.

Here is my little sliver of hope for ya. Long story short...

I met a girl at my old church. Started dating and I thought this was it. She met the criteria ( which isn't much ,more later) and she liked me. :thmbup1:

So after about 6 months we get engaged, the day we go for our first pre-marriage counsiling she met me in the church parking lot and called it off. All in all about 9 months time. I was hurt/pissed/crushed/humiliated. Now I have a damn ring I don't need no more either.. Then I realized some good things came of this, her mom really was a flake, her dad was a little out there as well, she ( my girl friend) didn't really have a job yada yada yada.

Now it's about 5 months later... Some friends are getting married. Friends of both mine and my ex fiance.. I'm in the wedding and so is she.....

I'm praying I don't have to walk with her in the wedding...

Then at the wedding rehersal is when it happened. I am so worried about this girl I almost don't see someone else. The girl god brought me.

She too met the criteria... Big boobs and long hair and hot. So I'm a little shallow.. :(

Anyways, the bride & groom know the situation so they paired me with Denise. and now it's been more then 16 years.

I wasn't looking, wasn't worried, and was 27 years old.

DON'T GIVE UP BIG FELLA... :thmbup1:

An inspiring tale, and I appreciate it. But I can tell you about people I know who looked all their lives for a wife. Now they are old men and never found one. Handsome guys, successful careers, all that. Just...never found anyone. For some people it just...doesn't happen.

Keyan... she was playing the field. But having to compete with another guy is nothing more then to let you both lose. Unless you were going steady, you should have still been looking.

I have a friend (more like a co-worker) who used to break up with the mother of his child about every six months for about 5 years. They call it quits, and he starts sating other girls. after a few weeks to months she gets jealous and woo's him back. Now at the end of the year he plans to finally propose to her.

THe moral is... never get hung up on one girl. Unless you both agree to be exclusive. it can only lead to disappointment.

An inspiring tale, and I appreciate it. But I can tell you about people I know who looked all their lives for a wife. Now they are old men and never found one. Handsome guys, successful careers, all that. Just...never found anyone. For some people it just...doesn't happen.
I'm beginning to think that will be me.

I thinking now that I might have to decide whether to quietly accept my fate or to fight against it.

I think my big problem is that I'm always interested in strong, self-sufficient women who live their lives as if they don't even want or need a man in it. (The 'desperate-for-a-guy' and/or the 'clingy' types, who seem to define themselves by their relationship and the man they snagged, are always a turn-off for me.)

I'm always hoping that they might want a man in it, even if they don't need one... but this is rarely the case... Well,.. at least not me, anyway.

But I'm like you, Keyan... I'm bored or otherwise uninterested with 95% of the people I meet. There are plenty of women that I meet that I'm physically attracted to, but that all goes away as soon as I get to know something about them.

Is rare that I find someone I find physically attractive, and mentally stimulating. And when I do, I usually spent way too long pursuing them,.. even long after all hope is gone, simply because I know that it may be years (or longer) before I come across anyone else that does it for me.

Archived