Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

dude no wonder you are always broke

it was actually a pretty good deal, i think...2 nights for $150 right on the boardwalk. thursday and friday night, the 25th and 26th. he just has to send a money order for the deposit on it. hopefully everything works out.

If I could manage to do that without actually going back to school...

Anyway, I called her tonight. She texted me back saying she couldn't talk because her dad just had some kind of oral surgery, but I could e-mail her if I wanted. She seemed happy to hear from me, and though I wouldn't read anything into that, at least it means she isn't going to take the cold shoulder route. I said that was OK, sorry to hear about her dad, she could just call me tomorrow. She texted back some more details about her dad and asked what it was about. I replied and just said it was a couple of things, and just wanted to catch up a little. I sent that one pretty late, so I imagine she was already in bed when I did.

So I wasn't able to verify the engagement, but at least she wasn't being cold toward me. Hopefully I can get her on the phone tomorrow.

Well, I'm happy for you that she isn't giving you the cold shoulder. :)

Work is getting stupid, they're firing good people for stupid reasons....I have a feeling that my managers are plotting to destroy me.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Left work early yesterday to catch up on sleep. Feel a bit better, though still not great. Hopefully the worst is past.

Got a show tonight (DeBarge...) and 2 shows tomorrow (They Might Be Giants.)

It's gonna be a loooooooooong couple of days if I feel bad.

Hooray for late nights and early mornings!!! :dozey:

Nothing like getting home well after midnight when you have to be back by 8am the next day. Those 4-hour shut-eye sessions are the BEST!

Sleep is overrated anyway... right?

Gack...

The less sleep I get, the closer that becomes...

Not far off now. :dozey:

Oh... and I guess last night's DeBarge may be no relation to the other band. Maybe. It's still all a little vague. Probably by design.

Either way: Show was long and loud. And didn't have to be either.

Last night was my sons graduation from Weblows 1 to Weblows 2. :thmbup1: So now it's not to long before he will be a Boyscout.

Working today.. UGH.. pretty slow. Watched Shooter durring lunch. Lots of shooting and kickin ass. :)

My date with Ying went fairly good. She was a bit late because she was out shopping. She is cute and very attractive. She ordered 3 maki rolls, and I ordered the "sampler" which included 5 sushi pieces and 5 Sashimi. she couldn't eat all of hers and gave me four of her's. I earned bonus points by going through the whole meal using chopsticks.

Only problem is eating sushi does not lend itself to conversations if you are trying to be polite. you put a piece in your mouth you are masticating for a bit and cannot talk.

Regardless we had a good conversation. And i do want to see her again. She is coming to madison for a meeting next weekend, so I might have another opportunity real soon

Glad your date went good, K_K!!!! Hopefully she found you attractive too!

I was out last night with my friends, got home at like 3:30, went to bed around 4am, and woke up around 9:30.. :D just finished the dishes that have been sitting in the sink for 2 weeks....eating a bagel, gonna call my friend and see if he wants to head to the gym before it closes at 1.

I got work 2-10 today. I absolutely love that shift, as it gives me the whole morning and most of the afternoon to train. (going to go run the track today)

Gears of War is awesome!!! though i am really starting to hate the wretches. they're too fast!! Assassin's Creed, I got pretty far in it, just assassinated one of the bosses, the plot is getting interesting.

Splinter Cell Conviction is supposed to be out mid-august, I can't wait!!!!! Sam Fisher is my favorite video game character.

The show was good. Day was pretty easy... just long. Oh well... it was worth it: 2 show fees for the day. That's an extra $600, on top of the $400 I earned Friday night, and my normal week's salary.

It was a productive weekend so far. Even if I felt like crap, it was definitely worth it to push myself.

I actually feel OK today. I'll probably go decaf all day just to catch up on rest though.

hahhahaa man kick the caffeine the withdrawal headaches only last a week.

that's pretty good money for 2 days...but then you probably worked over 30 hours in those 2 days, right? by the way, ed, what does your avatar mean?

Archived