Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

Hmmm... funny. But the strings could be getting caught up on the material of the bridge and/or nut and/or string trees, and not sliding back down to pitch.

First thing I would try is to graphite all the nut and bridge slots, and any string trees, then stretch all the strings even more than usual before trying to tune.

Is it a floating trem bridge? If so, tighten all the springs until the bridge rests against the body, and it takes a lot of effort to dive down with the bar. That way, there's no chance the bridge can pull the strings sharp at all.

Powerful pickups placed to close to the strings can actually pull them sharp, too. Back all the pickups off a turn or 2.

Rough or uneven frets can do a number on strings... though I doubt it could make them sharp.

The other place to look is the tuning pegs. Perhaps they are slipping... though it would be odd for them to slip sharp, perhaps it wouldn't be impossible. Lube them up, and then tighten and adjustment screws.

Other than that, all I can think of is that the neck is actually moving around after you tune... which is a serious job. Perhaps you can make sure all the neck bolts are seated properly, and that the truss rod bolt (if you can get to it) is seated tight.

Good luck.

All else fails: bring it to a qualified repair guy, and have a complete set up done.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to IKEA. Bought 5 more packs of tiles as spares. A LOT cheaper now than when I bought it... and well stocked too.

I probably would have saved close to $200 if I had waited. :rolleyes:

Oh well... it's done now.

Worked in the cellar a bit tonight, cleaning up and organizing. Still have a long, long way to go, though.

I'll do some more tomorrow.

Did repairs on kitchen sink today. (Required 2 different trips to Home Depot, and one to Lowe's to get the correct necessary part.)

Did grocery shopping.

Started laundry.

Worked a bit on the cellar. (A bit more clean-up, and got one of my bookcases built.)

I was supposed to go out to a card game tonight... but 2 of the 4 that were going to be in attendance bailed out, so it was called off to be re-scheduled.

Watched a show on "Nature" all about skunks that made me happy. :)

Not exactly the most exciting day in the universe's history... but it felt productive, if nothing else.

My Birthday party wasn't too bad.

A friend "C" brought her hubby "G", and even had two other friends stop by that even brought their kid. We all went out on the Ice and tried to do some curling. The Kid really liked it (even tho he doesn't like sports) and wants to try to do it himself next season (ROCK!) Then I ordered pizza for them all. My parents showed up and the first friend, friends (with the kid) left early. But my Dad was able to talk astronomy with "G", and my mom was able to talk quilting with "C" while watching me curl, and beat my opponents 10 to 4.

After the game we had cake, and one of the opponents made cookies. C and G had a LOT of fun and invited me down to their place (in Rockford IL) to stay the night and do some star gazing with a 10 inch F/15 Telescope I accepted their offer and plan to visit in March after curling

Once you master taking cover, it all falls into place. And it's all about the co-op. Gotta have a buddy to help out.

Is that GoW 1 or 2, by the way?

I'm letting someone borrow my copy of 1 right now, otherwise I'd be willing to go through it again on co-op.

well, i got some news that i'm not sure what to do about. it's very very very embarrassing..

the girl called me today and was like talking to me about sex, etc. got the truth out of me (that i'm a virgin and never had a girlfriend before) anyways....

she calls me at work and leaves a message saying she missed me and i was on her mind, and she really really had something to tell me or she wouldn't be able to sleep.

anyway...i get out of work, and she calls. she just said 'i lied. i'm 41' i almost threw up in my mouth. i was like 'uh..................wow.' umm hmm then she was like 'uh......' and i was like 'uh.....see ya i guess?' and she hung up. not sure what the **** to do. for all i know now, she could be lying about that to test me seeing if i had a problem with age.

now i'm just not sure what to do. i think i'll call off work tomorrow and go over to her place. **** it. maybe flip a coin on that.

talk about a confused state of mind. talk about a burn.

R15 how old are you? to me 41 isn't all that bad. (i just turned 34). but NEVER NEVER admit to a girl you are a virgin unless you are face to face, or about to "Do the deed"

And quite honestly at 34 I have had several opportunities to lose my virginity, and choose not to. when you are younger it sounds like a good idea... but when you are older you opportunities lessen and you wonder if it is ever going to happen.

As far as I am concerned, if you think she is not a bagger or double bagger, she is clean and as long as you have your party hat on, just enjoy yourself. Hopfully when you do find someone to spend the rest of your life with, you won't be so inexperienced and be able to have a happy and enjoyable relationship

Virginity only matters now after the wedding night

well, i got some news that i'm not sure what to do about. it's very very very embarrassing..

the girl called me today and was like talking to me about sex, etc. got the truth out of me (that i'm a virgin and never had a girlfriend before) anyways....

she calls me at work and leaves a message saying she missed me and i was on her mind, and she really really had something to tell me or she wouldn't be able to sleep.

anyway...i get out of work, and she calls. she just said 'i lied. i'm 41' i almost threw up in my mouth. i was like 'uh..................wow.' umm hmm then she was like 'uh......' and i was like 'uh.....see ya i guess?' and she hung up. not sure what the **** to do. for all i know now, she could be lying about that to test me seeing if i had a problem with age.

now i'm just not sure what to do. i think i'll call off work tomorrow and go over to her place. **** it. maybe flip a coin on that.

talk about a confused state of mind. talk about a burn.

she has a penis, calling it now

Archived