Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, Ed...I was out in it this morning on my trip to the senior center to give them my Dad's card game money. Was practically in tears on the trip home (which is the northbound leg, into the wind).

Standing on the train platform at 6 am, waiting for the subway car was almost enough to make me call in and quit. :dozey:

day 3 at the gym. arms are hurting, lost some flexibility i guess. getting used to the treadmill, trying to keep at 7.5 mile per hour.....need to go that speed to get my 2 mile time to 16:00. failing though....but not allowing myself to go below 6mph on it...treadmills are tough!

at least by weight training+treadmill i *should* be able to lose the weight rather fast. i weigh 195, and only really want to lose 15 pounds. 180 would be nice.

Long freakin' day yesterday. Ugh.

Dealing with literally hundreds of snotty high school musicians for that many hours in a row tends to make one question all the decisions that have led you to this point in life. :dozey:

Went out to a bar last night with the guys I was working with, but didn't hang long, and rolled out of there pretty quickly. Just wasn't feeling it. I was too tired and cranky to have a great time.

Staff Holiday Party at work today. Hmmm... Always an awkward, socially uncomfortable time. Hopefully it will be mercifully short.

Working Saturday and Sunday... then I'm pretty much free until New Years Eve. Might put in a short day or 2 at work next week... but we'll see how I feel.

Dealing with literally hundreds of snotty high school musicians for that many hours in a row tends to make one question all the decisions that have led you to this point in life. :dozey:
I knew one girl like that in high school. She played French Horn. And completely ****ed it up at our school's talent show but kept going back and trying to correct the notes she missed. It was incredible.

also french horn is the snobbiest instrument ever and i'm embarrassed to have ever played it

I knew one girl like that in high school. She played French Horn. And completely ****ed it up at our school's talent show but kept going back and trying to correct the notes she missed. It was incredible.

also french horn is the snobbiest instrument ever and i'm embarrassed to have ever played it

We prefer to call it the "horn", these days, actually.

Took my friend to the mall for lunch because he wanted to buy his wife a gift. That was really, really stupid.

Archived