Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished what little shopping I had to do yesterday. (Not even buying gifts for myself to give at this point... mostly picking things up in Boston for relatives to give to others.)

Met up with M. for a brief while. Looks like our holiday schedules aren't going to work out at all. Oh well... that's just how it goes, I guess. (Well... for me, anyways...)

Watched the last Harry Potter movie when I got home. 'Twas decent.

Took it easy yesterday. Played a lot of Forza 3. Watched old Star Trek movies. Tried not to think about parties I was missing... :dozey:

Heading out later today to hang with one of my friends who I was out on tour with. Tomorrow with the fam.

Merry Christmas to all! Hope you all get super awesome goodies, and have a fantastic time with the loved ones!

yeah, not going to nyc...too far to travel, not enough cash for hotel, etc. don't feel like freezing my ass off.

Was up til 5:30AM playing MW2....had to get the thermal scope on a few of the assault rifles, and wanted to get closer to my friend's rank. went from rank 41 to rank 46 between 8:30pm and 5:30. played on hardcore mode most of the time, then got sick of getting stuck with the crappy maps (estate, derailed) where all people do is camp the entire time, so put it on team deathmatch and started really kicking ass since i was forced to memorize the maps without a hud. :)

now i'm tired, would still be sleeping but my mom had to wake me up 5 hours too early...my sister and brother in law aren't going to show up until 1pm most likely if not later. :rolleyes: and i'm hungover cause i poured the rest of the bottle of jack daniels in a cup of coke....didn't realise i had more then 3 shots worth left. so i'm also annoyed by the fact my mom is expecting my sister to announce that she's pregnant, etc. i doubt that she is, they just got married in september...then again i hardly know my sister anymore or what she's up to besides working all the time. so what do i know.

i just wish i wasn't woken up so ****ing early for no ****ing reason...

oh yeah...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Hey Ed, what do you think about acoustic/electric guitars, or just straight acoustics?

Also, I assume they need to be setup just like thier electric bretheren. What strong gauge would you recommend and what should I avoid.

The reason I ask is becasue my parents are the coolest people on earth and gave me a 200 dollar gift card to Guitar Centre (I hate the H.O.G with a goddamned passion) so I'll be heading out tuesday.

AND MERRY ****IN' CHRISTMAS! :D

An acoustic/ electric won't be quite as nice as an acoustic of the same price, because the electrics will take some of the cost, and the acoustic quality will get a bit scrimpted. But it will be more flexible.

Most nice acoustics have some form of pickup these days, however.

You can always aftermarket a pickup in any acoustic anyway.

I would go with a medium/ heavy gauge... 11s or 12s. Too light, and it will sound like a cheap toy instrument... too heavy and it will be murder to play.

Merry Christmas, all!

Masses went well, I got through some of the more challenging organ pieces OK.

I saw an old friend at Mass this morning and I really wanted to say hi to her, but she left before I could get over there :(

Ah well. Nephew is quite enjoying this Christmas stuff, especially certain Star Wars items that he received from...someone :rolleyes:

yeah but i'll be focusing on my army career during the first few years of the kid's life, so he/she won't get traumatized too badly. :p

got a bunch of hoodies and i got a handsfree blutooth thing for my phone and a timepiece watch, as well as the pushup thing and a dartboard. pretty good stuff. i really like my hoodies!

oh and all the stuff i got my sister fit her. lol

Hey Ed, what do you think about acoustic/electric guitars, or just straight acoustics?

Also, I assume they need to be setup just like thier electric bretheren. What strong gauge would you recommend and what should I avoid.

The reason I ask is becasue my parents are the coolest people on earth and gave me a 200 dollar gift card to Guitar Centre (I hate the H.O.G with a goddamned passion) so I'll be heading out tuesday.

AND MERRY ****IN' CHRISTMAS! :D

I use Regular (.010 gauge) Slinky strings. They're pretty standard. It really depends on what you want to play though.

oh and all the stuff i got my sister fit her. lol
Heh... not for long. :dozey:

Speaking of hoodies: That's what I gave M.: A hot pink sweatjacket. She seemed to like it. :)

Hung with friends last night. We watched "Troll 2"... which very well may be the worst movie ever made. It was HILARIOUS! Highly recommended! :D

Off to spend the day with family soon.

My sister had a sick kid on her hands yesterday, so Xmas dinner @ her sister-in-law's was postponed until today. The flip side of it, however, was an unexpected bowling outing w/ my brother (the alley here is open on Xmas Day). I had all 3 games over my league average (now 186), but I decided to spot my brother 80 pins each game, and he bowled well enough to win the first game w/ the handicap.

Archived