Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, who's up for some ODST this week? I'm out of the office, so any time during the day works for me. Street Fighter IV is also a possibility.

I'll try to get on when not doing something else... but I do have a LOT of work to do around the house that I just can't put off anymore.

I'm also trying to make plans to get out and socialize while I can this week... before I get too busy with work again to have any kind of life.

I don't have Street Fighter. Been playing a lot of Forza 3 and IL:2 lately.

And I'm really thinking about breaking down and buying the Van Halen version of Guitar Hero. Maybe a couple of older versions of that game or Rock Band.

Oh... And I'm really thinking about finally breaking down, and buying the Van Halen version of Guitar Hero... and maybe a couple of the older versions of that game or Rock Band.

I'll probably just get one guitar controller at first. Maybe the rest later.

Bought a Rock Band guitar controller and a couple of old GH and RB games... and Bioshock.

(Game store had them all marked really cheap, and a "buy 2, get 1 free" offer running... so I grabbed a bunch.)

The older versions of GH don't like the wireless controller, though, so I'll either have to return them, or get a wired GH controller.

damn...red death was only $2 all night...i had jell-o shot, rum and coke, then 4 red death...the last bartender to make me one complained that it wasn't $2 i was like 'hey tyhose guys gave it to me for $2, seriously!' so she ****ed it up and made it like 1/2 151 and 1/2 vodka...damn that drink was strong!

anyways LEGEND TONE LOC was on stage, got some pictures i'll upload them when i get a chance to.

Bought a Rock Band guitar controller and a couple of old GH and RB games... and Bioshock.

(Game store had them all marked really cheap, and a "buy 2, get 1 free" offer running... so I grabbed a bunch.)

The older versions of GH don't like the wireless controller, though, so I'll either have to return them, or get a wired GH controller.

Did you get Rock Band 2? We could play that online...although I'm not sure how much fun that would be, not being in the same room.

I got RB 1 and 2, and GH 2, 3, & World Tour. Plus Bioshock. (Most under $10... and a couple of them free, thanx to the offer.)

It's an idea to play together online... though I'm not very good yet... and when I'm actually home to play.

Going out tonight and Wed. for sure. Maybe tomorrow night too.

Hanging with M. and her friends and co-workers in Chinatown tonight. Meeting up with a co-worker from Berklee Wed. to tweak the P.A. at her church and have dinner with her.

Maybe Avatar in IMAX tomorrow, if anyone is around.

You can record a drum kit with one mic, if that's all you got. You just have to place it out in the room a bit in front of the kit. Where your ears tell you it all sounds balanced: put the mic there. Some great recordings have been made with this method.

For jazz, I typically use 4 mics: Kick; Snare; Overhead left and right. Any good moving coil for the K (M88) and S (M201); nice condensers for the OHs (C 414).

For Rock and funk, I mic the whole kit:

Kick Inside: Beta 91

Kick Outside: Beta 52

Snare Top: Beta 57

Snare Bottom: SM 57

Hi Hat: C451

Floor Tom: Beta 98 D

Rack Tom 2: "

Rack Tom 1: "

OH L: TC 30K

OH R: "

Of course, depending on budgets and inputs, you can go with anything in between.

Bass: Take direct. You can mic the amp too... any good moving coil will work. (MD 421)

Guitar: SM 57. On the amp. Will do the job. (Unless you can get a POD or SansAmp.)

They sell drum mic kits.

Thing about those kits is that you can use the mics in them to record the other signals too... unless it all has to be done simultaneously. Though I would recommend tracking the drums first with a scratch bass and guitar track... then replacing the other tracks later as overdubs.

You can always rent mics from local stores or sound companies if you can't afford to buy.

How are you tracking these? Through a board? Or straight into a computer? And what is it going to be for? And what style of music?

OK... so I hung with M. and some of her friends. Had a giant dinner in Chinatown. It was a good time.

One of her friends I met tonight is a professional football player... but not in the NFL or AFL... but the LFL... that is to say, the Lingerie Football League.

Yeah.

:)

Life is damn good some days. Not very often... but sometimes...

:joy:

Here's her team: http://www.lflus.com/nymajesty/team.html

So... I think I need to make a trip to New York to see some sporting events now... :naughty:

nice

my jeep took a dump xmas eve so I came back a little early to fix it

one of the shoes braking material delaminated from the metal and was bouncing around inside the drum, that was fun to fix, my garage is frigging in the mid 30's right now

other than that I drove 600 miles th-s to see the various families, most of it in the snow in **** road conditions, so not worth it

just got back from the gym...decided against calling my one friend that goes with me, cause nearly every single time it takes him an hour to get ready by the time i stop at his place to pick him up, even when i call him an hour in advance. the gym was packed with buncha college kids, so i just ran the treadmill for 25 minutes then left. I'm going down there every day, not so much doing the weight lifting, just the cardio so i can lose 20-40 pounds. my plan is do about 20 minutes on treadmill, 20 minutes on bike, and 20 minutes on the gazelle thingy. that should help me drop the weight fast. plus cutting out alot of fast food.

yeah but i doin't know what foods to eat, that's my problem. for breakfast i eat a bowl of oatmeal. for lunch i eat macaroni & cheese or a sandwich, and for supper it's usually 2 hot pockets since it's cheap. ($2) find me something for around $2 that won't make me hungry 10 minutes after i eat.

Spent the day doing laundry and playing games... and napping. Whoo-Hoo! Super excitement overload!!!

:dozey:

But I sure didn't want to go outside... it's freaking FREEZING out there. :eek:

M. woke me up calling my cell this morning. She was in tears. Lot of drama... her credit card and license stolen... a friend said something rather cruel... family issues...

Talked to her for over an hour about it. It was an interesting start to the day. Not at all what I would expect...

I'm still not sure what to make of it all...

wow that sucks....

i just ended up watching 'intolerable cruelty' drank 1/5 of my southern comfort straight while wathcing it...i was expecting to watch inglorious basterds, but i guess i got my mom and dad's rented movie instead. it was lame, the chick in it was pretty hot. ended up drinking 1/5 of my soco while watching it so now i've got a good buzz goin on!

Archived