Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

I stopped believing in that true love bull**** this summer. humans are completely incapable of it in today's society, so holding out for that one person that is actually capable of it, is a ****ing waste of time.

While I readily admit that it is much harder today than it perhaps once was, don't be too sure about this, Louis. I found mine five months ago. ;)

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, good for you. :) my main problem is where i work and live. most girls i meet i work with, so just don't like the fact of dating someone that i work with, usually those relationships aren't the greatest, and a breakup would feel awkward cause i'd still see her at my job. the girls i know outside of work aren't single aren't local (within 100 miles)...

either way, i'm just having fun. **** being serious!!!!!!!!!!! that's where i went wrong my whole life, i looked too much into girls and getting a serious relationship, and it made me a coward. decided to challenge myself harder this year by saying **** it, and when i come with a crazy idea or something that i keep questioning myself should i, and to get the 'what ifs' i just toss a coin on it. heads=yes, tails=no.

so many years of my life (4 1/2 years) have been WASTED by not testing my boundaries, not taking chances, not enjoying life!!!!

... you too edlib

Easy. It's: edlib02169

:D

I haven't been on XBox in a couple of days. I'll try to fire it up before work in the morning, and look you up if you don't beat me to the punch.

Met with my friend tonight. It's odd to think that so much time has passed... but neither of us have changed all that much... personality-wise, anyhow.

If felt like if we had more time to catch up, things could pick up like nothing had ever happened.

It was a good time. Made me nostalgic in a very good way.

well glad that worked out for you ed. remember my story of me and my coworkers taking a trip down to jersey shore to meet up with my friend from 2nd-6th grade? he got us kicked out of 2 bars, picked a fight with a clown, and told overweight people to go on a diet.

it was a good time anyway.

Keyan you make omelets? what is the trick to the eggs... I cannot figure out how or when to do the fill and flip. I normally do scrambled eggs. But I would love to know how to do them so that someday I can wake up a girl that i spent the night with omelets

Heck no I don't make omlettes. I just eat 'em. The one time I tried to make an omlette I almost destroyed the entire planet. It was worse than anything the LHC could possibly do.

i believe i fixed my computer. it kept shutting off for who knows what reason...so i was like 'hmmm....' and got mad, ripped the plugs out of the back, threw it on the operating table, tore out its lungs (power supply unit) and ran downstairs and recovered another power supply unit of the same type, threw it in. this operation only took about 5 minutes, cause i'm just that good. now my computer isn't crashing. i was trying to play star wars galaxies, but it was very laggy...so i figured to see if my radeon x1300 256mb video card was truly fried or what...performed another operation, and it's working! only problem is, i still getting lag in star wars galaxies. my frames per second is fluctuating between 5 and 30. Sooo....i downloaded and installed spybot, and am in the process of it's search and destroy. hopefully it fixes alot of problems.

This is where the party's at.

Wow.

You must be really hard-up for a party, then, 'cuz this one is truly about as lame as it gets...

Unless your idea of a really good time is a bunch of weirdos and losers racking up their post-counts by endlessly bitching about life and work and women (or more often: lack thereof.)

Besides: I would never want to attend any party that would have me as a guest.

:dozey:

IN CURRENT NEWS:

AAAAHHHH!!!! I'm such a ****ing idiot!!!! :mad:

(Please feel free to agree. This time I won't even bother to try to defend myself!)

(Details about exactly how much of an idiot I really am to follow in a future post... maybe...)

*Sigh...*

you idiot!!!! j/k :p

just got through a skirmish battle on Empire at War, testing the stability of my computer repair job. :) no static sound. thinking it was caused by a piece of the 8? pin connector being worn or something. still, keeping my fingers crossed.

IN CURRENT NEWS:

AAAAHHHH!!!! I'm such a ****ing idiot!!!! :mad:

(Please feel free to agree. This time I won't even bother to try to defend myself!)

(Details about exactly how much of an idiot I really am to follow in a future post... maybe...)

*Sigh...*

*taps watch*

Summary - Picture the following:

Me.

Subway train.

On my way to work this morning.

Super hot, smart, funny, talented Asian model/ actress I met at Thanksgiving.

Less than 5 feet apart.

Me not even noticing/ recognizing her until the moment she started to get off the train.

Gone before I could say anything.

Probably looked right through her for 10 minutes on the trip.

Had a chance to talk to her in person again, and totally blew it by being inattentive.

She was probably right next to me when we boarded the train... literally inches apart.

I had to send her a message saying: "Hey, was that you I saw on the train this morning? Didn't realize until you were leaving the train, and even then I wasn't totally sure. Sorry... I was kinda off in my own world."

I can only imagine what she must be thinking: "So here's this guy who asked me out last month, who won't even acknowledge me now... He must be the worlds biggest idiot."

To make matters worse: I also was invited by a mutual friend to attend a surprise birthday party in her honor tonight... but chose not to go since I have to be at work before 8 tomorrow morning, and have at least a 14-hour work day ahead of me.

Kind of a 'perfect storm' of fail on my part.

Of course, she didn't say "Hi!" to me either... but then I've changed my glasses and shaved my beard off, so I look a bit different.

But, on the other hand, if she did recognize me and didn't say "Hi!", then that doesn't really bode all that well for my chances here either.

(Though if she nodded, smiled, or waved at me, I didn't even notice.)

*Sigh*

Hopefully the message I sent does some damage control... but I imagine if there was EVER any tiny chance at all, I TOTALLY blew it forever with today's social trainwreck.

that's awesome ed!

you didn't totally blow it. one thing you don't wanna do is make yourself seem desperate. another thing you gotta do is get the 'OMG IM SUCH A LOSER' mentality out of your head. just go with it. lol

i'm kinda feeling a little 'wtf did i just do?' about the woman im going out with. cause i was dumb and let my minutes on my phone ran out, no cash to put more minutes back on so i can't check my voice mail. just gonna play cool, cause i left her a few movies to watch (matrix trilogy, ftw!) , last thing i told her was that i'd stop over sometime next week. so i'm just gonna show up randomly and ask myself in, no worries or stress! though i am feeling very stupid about my minutes running out and not being able to check voice mail. grrrr wish there was a way to just put like $5 on it so i can check it. (i guess in case she called me asking to come over, etc stuff i just won't worry about)

I got SWG running smoothly now! i'm so happy.

Keyan you make omelets? what is the trick to the eggs... I cannot figure out how or when to do the fill and flip. I normally do scrambled eggs. But I would love to know how to do them so that someday I can wake up a girl that i spent the night with omelets
Pour the egg evenly over the pan, cook on medium until the edges get solid (from the edge of the pan to about halfway through the omelet), add toppings slightly off center on one side, then wait until there's a layer of solid egg throughout the omelet. Make sure the egg isn't sticking to the pan by prying it off of the pan with a spatula (go around the entire pan with it), then fold it and let it cook for a bit until any cheese is melted and any leftover egg has cooked.

Usually if I add toppings like peppers or mushrooms, I'll sauté them before I add them to the omelet in case I want to add spices and to make sure they're cooked well.

got an a in middle school home ec. crew represent

that's awesome ed!

you didn't totally blow it. one thing you don't wanna do is make yourself seem desperate.

Well... I had already pretty much given up all hope that she had any interest in meeting up with me a couple of weeks ago.

It's been over 2 months now, and I haven't seen any indication that she's tried to get in touch with me. So I had already written it off as a possibility.

But it's mainly the idea that I actually had a chance to talk to someone in person instead of just making yet another Facebook or Myspace comment, and I didn't take it, that makes me have to laugh at my own sheer incompetence.

Oh well...

In other, perhaps less (or, depending on your perspective, perhaps far more) personally pathetic news:

This thread is just shy of 400 posts for a single month.

That's pretty epic. At that rate we could get close to 5k by the end of the year. (I doubt it will continue at this pace... but it's a heckuva start!)

This thread is just shy of 400 posts for a single month.

That's pretty epic. At that rate we could get close to 5k by the end of the year. (I doubt it will continue at this pace... but it's a heckuva start!)

I'm helping! I'm helping! I'm helping!!

:joy:

Archived