Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should have stayed in the Navy until the private sector improved.

Seriously, it's the best job security in the world at this point. Considering applying and seeing if I still qualified for O.C.S at Annapolis.

You can always turn to Super-Villainy.

Lots of openings left in that field.

Definitely combine those two, 'Captain Chaos' doesnt work so well as an O3, but an O6, now we're talking... :D

I have thought about ripping them all. I have a small subset on my hard drive at work as mp3s, but to really do the job right, I'd want to use a non-lossy format.

Does anyone know the most supported non-lossy audio format? Supported in terms of software players across various OSs, and support on portable music players? This could be good for backup purposes, but I'd want to use a very standard format so my data does not become obsolete. I could just use wav files, but the size would be...ridiculous.

I just read an article in the latest issue of PC World on how to rip audiophile quality compressed files.

I haven't been able to find the article online yet... but basically it says to use Exact Audio Copy with the Accurate Rip plugin, and rip to the FLAC codec.

There's a lot of specific settings he goes into... so I would recommend picking up the issue if you are interested.

These articles usually end up online eventually. I'll try to provide a link when it does.

The article claims FLAC is currently the best sounding codec... though support is less than universal (but growing.)

Just thought I'd put it out there...

Yeah... by dream is to have a couple of very large external drives networked, with all my CDs backed-up as .wavs on them, that I can access from any room in the house.

Expensive... but if you want it done right, that's the only way to really go.

we spend more than every other nation combined on our military and there's plenty of areas within the defense budget that can be fixed so that we can maintain the same size/quality military.

areas like giving billions to defense contractors so they can piss it all away

true.

except all thats controlled by lobbyists who the defense contractors pay big bucks too

so the soldier will suffer the most cuz they have no lobbyist

because our system is severly broken.

like how EVERY public opinion poll was against the bail out 2-1, but it passed anyways:(

Yeah... by dream is to have a couple of very large external drives networked, with all my CDs backed-up as .wavs on them, that I can access from any room in the house.

Expensive... but if you want it done right, that's the only way to really go.

I would think one external drive for the network and another one for backup that is not normally connected to anything, so if anything happens that one will be OK. And keep it near the door so you can grab it on the way out in case of fire :p

Keyan

I am the very model of a modern Major-General,

I've information vegetable, animal, and mineral,

I know the kings of England, and I quote the fights historical,

From Marathon to Waterloo, in order categorical;

Favorite showtune song ever!

Rosie or Guildy?

Gosh i really miss rosie

I dunno about Rosie, but last I heard Guildy was married and living in Japan.

That's exactly what I found with the one I saw last year. We just weren't very compatible. I'm sure she saw the same thing. I know it would have eventually fell apart in the long run.

I probably would have tried to make it work a bit longer if she hadn't obviously cooled on the whole idea first, though. But it was probably for the best.

Oh well... keep looking dude.

she was not a guy, very nice lady. Not too sharp tho.

I don't think it will work out, conversations seemed to revolve around our pets. And she didn't seem to be interested in Curling at all. Didn't even MENTION being a gamer

wait wait wait

there are women that ARENT interested in curling???

*GASP*

:)

Archived