Home

Top Five Games of 2008

TiE23

1. Fable II

6072195m.jpg

After giving up WoW and playing Mass Effect to absolute death, I was looking for a good rpg to fill the gap, and Fable II filled it very nicely indeed. My GOTY. I enjoyed every second playing this game, and the simple control system worked perfectly. The highlight for me was finally earning enough money by trading weapons to buy the castle and become queen, and the end boss is one of the funniest moments I've had in gaming.

2. Tomb Raider Underworld

4949801m.jpg

The game I was looking forward to most, and I'm happy to say it didn't dissapoint at all. Legend and Anniversary were both awesome, and this is no different. Lara Croft is still an absolute joy to play.

3. Little Big Planet

3433970m.jpg

A truly ingenious game. I can't even describe how much fun this game is to play, you really just have to play it for yourself, it's just brilliant. Expandable forever with community submitted levels, this game will keep me entertained for years.

4. Mario Kart Wii

4994923m.jpg

What can you say about Mario Kart? The best driving game ever, and just as good on the Wii. Had many hours of fun with the whole family playing this game, love it.

5. Rez HD (Xbox Live Arcade)

cboxrezHD.jpg

An audiovisual masterpiece. Turn on the surround sound and be prepared for one hell of an awesome gaming experience.

I didn't really play too many games this year now that I think of it. But, these top my list.

5. The Force Unleashed - Probably one of the most overrated games of the year. And was a disappointment. But, I'm not gonna lie, I had a helluva lot of fun playing. But, wish there was more to it.

4. Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 - Loved the first one, and I enjoyed the second almost just as much. I just didn't really get to play it much.

3. NHL 09 - Easily the best sports game I've played all year. The realism, the graphics, just everything was so well done.

2. Grand Theft Auto IV - There's not much to say that others didn't already. But this game was just well done. Straight up.

1. Gears of War 2 - I don't think I've ever had more fun with a game than Gears 2. And it's about the only game I've played online all year. Definitely my top game of the year.

I probably would've included Call of Duty 4, Mass Effect, and Assassin's Creed in this list, but I consider those last year games.

Though, games that were released this year that I'd have wanted to play were: Call of Duty 5, Left 4 Dead, and Dead Space.

1.Gran Theft Auto IV- I wasn't expecting to be as amazed as I was was this game, extremely long single player with much to do and the addictive and very lively multiplayer.

2.The Force Unleashed,I didn't play very many new games in 2008, and TFU is number two as I was extremely excited about it and although it made me angry at Lucasarts for a while for not meeting my expectations and being a disappointment. It showed me a new side of the Star Wars universe that hasn't been explored too much. Creating possibilities in my opinion, for a brighter future for Star Wars gaming.

3.Super Smash Bros.Brawl-not as good as Melee,but with Sonic and Snake in the cast I couldn't resist it. Not to mention playing as Wolf from Starfox!

4.Guitar Hero World Tour-easier for me to play allowing me to liek it better a very nice set of songs, a music creator, and the new instruments add much replayability along with new DLC monthly.

5.Mario Kart Wii-it was really fun.....yes thats all I have to say...

Honorable Mention(s):

Far Cry 2-a great game but my save file corruption and Ubi's poor support of this game boots it from my top 5.

Metal Gear Solid 4-haven't played it enough to get a verdict but it seemed good enough to be close.

I hate paying $60 for console games now, but it was worth it for Left 4 Dead.

That's one title, so now I'll list 4 others in no specific order.

Fable II

Grand Theft Auto IV

Warhammer Online (Yeah, really)

Rock Band 2

I haven't played a lot of the other games mentioned, but many of them have interested me. Especially NHL 09. If that ends up happening then I may have to change this list.

Archived