Home

I apologize for my stupid predictions in the Unknown Regions Forum

SilentScope001

This thread is not me coming back. I'm not coming back.

But I made a mistake. I need to take responsiblity for said mistake, rather than leave it unresolved. If I made a dumb prediction, I need to apologize for it.

Time and time again, I repeated a dumb prediction about the True Sith: That they would be destroyed at the end of KOTOR3 and the galaxy would be saved. I was wrong. I was so wrong. That is because, as the KOTOR MMO showed, a new Sith Empire trimpuhed and acheived parity with the Old Republic. In fact, the Jedi had to relocate due to the power of this new Sith Empire. Players can ally with the Sith Empire or the Old Republic, and accept quests from both factions.

It stands to reason that the new Sith Empire is likely backed by the True Sith...or maybe are the True Sith themselves. And since it is unlikely that this MMO would truly end, the Sith Empire will still exist for a long time, meaning that the True Sith won.

I never, honestly, in a million years expected that. Never. Not even from Obisidan. Say what you will about The Old Republic MMO...but at least Bioware got guts to showcase the bad guys WINNING.

So there we go. I made a dumb prediction, and I was proven wrong. I'm sorry.

No, I'm not trying to incite an discussion. If I did, I would have it be in the title.

I'm okay with what Bioware has done. I'm sure most people are, after all. I mean, it's their game now, and they got good reason to do it. And, it doesn't really matter what our views are, Bioware did it. So, really no discussion.

I made a mistake, and I should have seen any consquences. You see, I had no reason at the time to believe that the True Sith would win, but that's the thing, I should have thought that way. I should have somehow thought that Obisidan or Bioware would have been creative enough to do that, to let the plotline continue, rather than to terminate it. I didn't. It was an honest mistake...but it was a mistake. That was it.

I might have been hard on myself for calling it "stupid", but...I really should have known better. Especially with me cluttering the forum with nonsense like "why play the game if we know the ending", when it turns out I didn't know the ending. Meh.

Okay, so that conclusion may again be wrong, SS. We don't know if the current Empire (by TOR time) is backed up or is the True Sith themselves. For all we know, the Emperor may be Revan or the Exile or a pupil of some kind.

I guess that's true too. The fact that it's still "Sith" doesn't help the Republic any.

Oh well. I'll apologize for this thread.

Hey, least you aren't making threads and posts after posts, raging about this in my forum like some people are.

You made a prediction, and it was off by some. I think just about everyone's predictions on this game were wrong. The 300 years in the future thing kind of caught everyone off guard, for example.

But yeah, I agree with you. I'm glad to see it back in Bioware's hands instead of Obsidian.

But yeah, I agree with you. I'm glad to see it back in Bioware's hands instead of Obsidian.

I disagree, Obsidian had the better story and better interface system, but they got the due date bumped up on them. Fact is, it's a miracle the game even worked at all. Developing Games takes a significant amount of time, and moving up the due date a few months can be disasterous.

Bioware's game had a good story, but Obsidian is the one that came up with the True Sith storyline, and I don't believe Bioware would be able to finish the story.

Now, I could see Obsidian and Bioware working together on KotOR III, but the storyline and some other things would have to remain Obsidian's.

Storyline, perhaps. Storytelling? No way.

The storytelling was messed up because the release date was bumped up by a few months and they had to throw everything together, thus causing a lot of the story to end up being on the cutting room floor cause they were trying to get it so the game even worked.

The storytelling was messed up because the release date was bumped up by a few months and they had to throw everything together, thus causing a lot of the story to end up being on the cutting room floor cause they were trying to get it so the game even worked.

I'm well aware of what the development team passed through, but even if the process went smoothly the storytelling would probably still be bad.

I'm well aware of what the development team passed through, but even if the process went smoothly the storytelling would probably still be bad.

You can't argue that, I'm a Computer Graphics Technology Major and though I'm going into manufacturing graphics and not gaming, I know darn well that it takes a long time to get everything together for a game, and what Lucasarts did by bumping up the game forced them to go into attempting to throw together the game haphazzardly and debug it. We don't know what all got left out.

We do know it was at least 1 planet, several planets were unfinished, Citadel Station was unfinished, multiple endings hadn't been put together yet, etc. The ability to teach your party members lightsaber forms is missing as well.

Who knows what content is also missing that would have caused the story to flow more smoothly than it does currently?

You made a prediction, and it was off by some. I think just about everyone's predictions on this game were wrong. The 300 years in the future thing kind of caught everyone off guard, for example.

QFT

A cut deadline could've happened just as easily to BioWare. Their game would have been as worse off for it as Obsidian's was.

I think it's a testament to them (Obsidian) that TSL was easily as good as its predecessor despite being developed in a third of the time.

Still doesn't change the fact the story belonged in a D&D/NWN style universe.

Mary Sues everywhere. Its odd that those praising Obsidian for TSL are the same ones I see complaining about Revan and Exile and the direction Avellone took the story.

Sure, the game was ok stable and played. Doesn't deter from the fact that the story probably would not have changed most in the long run given more time.

Still doesn't change the fact the story belonged in a D&D/NWN style universe.

That's why I liked it so much. It was Planescape: Torment II in everything but name.

Mary Sues everywhere.

Not to the degree that they were in K1.

Its odd that those praising Obsidian for TSL are the same ones I see complaining about Revan and Exile and the direction Avellone took the story.

I'm not. He was already established as a military genius and powerful Force-user in the first game, if that's the point you were making.

Not to the degree that they were in K1.

Hey, least at the end of K1 you could decide to be evil.

TSL made any decision you made in K1 "good" for the Universe as a whole. Even if your goal was destruction or to save all the little orphans, in the end Revan was always the hero.

Added ontop of that bizarre characters like Exile and Sion.

Archived