Home

How to add "stealth field generator" to an item?

Drunkside

I might be wrong, and by might I mean probably am, but I think that's declared through something like base item in the .uti file. It's been a while since I've looked through any uti's and I haven't got either game installed on this machine so I can't check.

--Stream

Im quite sure that it has been done before... Hmm just dont remember where i have seen it. Maybe it was a dream?:xp: I think it had something to do with the Juhani´s "feat" that allowed her to sneak without a generator. I think it was really a script that could be added but i dont know how to add it, or what the script is:p

Hm, you could try adding an Activate Item that triggers the spell SPECIAL_ABILITY_CAMOFLAGE (if it's for K1). The problem is that I'm not sure if an armor can be accessed as a usable item. As for the scripts, I know that stoffe made one for the High Level Force Powers mod. Check it out, but you'll need to get permission if you take the script outright.

- Star Admiral

I think it had something to do with the Juhani´s "feat" that allowed her to sneak without a generator.

That's done with a "hide item". Basically there are hidden item slots on creatures and characters where items can be equipped, but don't appear visible in-game. For Juhani, she has a hidden stealth field generator belt. Most creatures have hide items on thier hands so that they can, for example, poison people on attack. I used the same technique for my Species Specific Feats mod (thread for how I did it, thanks to Stoffe).

I've tried adding the generator to a clothing item before, and it didn't work. Maybe try adding a base item that references the armour column (model C for example) instead of a belt.

It is for k1, and sorry for my pure ignorance, but i couldnt understand almost anything the thread said... Does it mean that it is possible to make such a script that equips a stealth field generator into a hidden slot when i equip the armor and its removed when the armor is removed?

I feel so stupid right now....:xp:

No, I was trying to explain how Juhani is able to go into stealth mode without a stealth field generator belt. I included the link to the other thread to show how that is done, but I guess I just cluttered up the ideas of how to solve your question. Sorry.

I don't think that you'd be able to add and remove a "hide item" when you equip or unequip armour. I was thinking that you could try to add a new item to the baseitems.2da that has the properties of a stealth belt, but was actually armour. I haven't tried it myself, but you could probably do a search to find a helpful thread or tutorial.

Archived