Home

Worst physical pain you've had?

Heroes in media get thrown into walls etc and get right back up. (because for some reason or another, theyre invulnerable/have stronger pain thresholds etc.)

Whats the worst ever physical pain you've undergone in real life?

Been beaten up? Fell off something? Tortured?

What LF'er has endured the worst pain and still lives to tell the tale?

note: physical pain. not emotional. your girlfriend dumping you doesnt count. (unless in conjunction with physical pain. eg: girlfriend dumps you and then sets her 7ft brother on you)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lost the jewelery to one of my "male" piercings and didn't notice for a few hours. In order to get the barbell back in, my piercer had to use a series of tapers to stretch the piercing back to the correct size.

It was by far the most excruciating physical pain I've ever experienced.

I would have waited until later when he was alone and then sneaked up behind him. With a bat. :devsmoke:

I lost the jewelery to one of my "male" piercings and didn't notice for a few hours. In order to get the barbell back in, my piercer had to use a series of tapers to stretch the piercing back to the correct size.

It was by far the most excruciating physical pain I've ever experienced.

Why would any sane person willingly subject themself to that?

All that I can pull up in recent memory is...

Full body hives breakout from an allergy that I never could pinpoint. Especially once the pain pills ware off. Could do little more than curl up into a ball and scream until the pills went into effect.

Another would probably be when I had to have surgery on a few of my toes while conscious.

I hope to keep it that way by not having children.

Why would any sane person willingly subject themself to that?

Asked, and answered :D

Me? Been stabbed and hit by a car but until I had my prostate done the worst pain was getting a huge, deep cyst that was on a gland in my neck lanced. It was like harakiri for my neck. But then...that prostate fix, was like harakiri for real.

Deep, sharp pains in sensitive locations that are already swollen, that's the kicker.

Being pushed down nearly twenty stairs by an angry freshman...and then having him beat on me when I was still curled up in pain....that one really hurt

Sorry for you. Thankfully people like this usually get theirs eventually ;)

Some older member may remember the picture I posted of me surrounded by medical machines around my bed. Double pneumonia, dehydration etc. It wasn't cool.

But anyway, since then I scored a direct hit to the head by a metal bar.

In Holland, we got all these small canals. And most of them need to be opened by hand (small walkbridges etc). A substitute worker apparently forgot to lock the brake. And...bridges don't have small brakes. The power behind is was enough to get me a concussion. A concussion so bad, that the first thing I did was get on my feet and phone my boss that I would take the day off. I couldn't find the right keys on the pone though, they were suddenly all red and sticky. Strange...

So an old lady helped me to the other side of the bridge..were (ironically) a doctor resided. So, there you are sitting in your orange reflective jacket. Covered in red. Nice.

I can't say I've ever been in terrible physical pain, the worst I can remember was senior year during football taking a helmet to the shin. I was down immediately and it hurt like hell, but I only missed one play so it obviously wasn't that bad. I was pretty lucky staying nearly injury free throughout my high school sports career.

I'm gonna have to go with the time I got a 6 foot metal chicken-spit in the knee. It managed to slip beneath the kneecap, and lodge itself there for about half an hour before the only member of the staff with first aid experience could help. It's never healed properly either, and it still aches like hell in the winter, and when it rains. Having to crawl and bend and kneel and such at my current job doesn't help, either.

Freshman year of high school, I had a complete fracture of my tibia and fibula, right above my right ankle during the last football practice of the year. I made it worse by trying to stand up right after it broke, nearly made it break the skin. The worst part was after getting to the hospital, since my mom was out of town and my dad couldn't get there for a few more hours they weren't allowed to give me any painkillers. Then they had to x-ray my ankle and the nurse kept grabbing, yanking and twisting at my broken ankle, that was probably the worst of it. About 2 hours after that my dad showed up, they gave me a Percocet and I woke up 2 days later with a screw in my leg and a huge cast on.

This may not be the most painful physical thing in my life ever, but it's one that comes to mind.

I was airsofting {Paintballing, but with plastic BBs} with my friends, and most of them were against me. I tried to pull a fast one by calling a truce to discuss a surrender with my "Enemy" friends. My plan was to grab their represenative and hold him hostage so as to prevent them from totally ruining my team's tactical position. So, I went over to the enemy's rep, and began talking. Then I moved quickly to grab the rep, but my small airsoft pistol got stuck in the holster and the enemy rep had a friend with him {who carried a 500 FPS machine gun that could break the skin at close range}

My friend runs and takes cover while his friend unloads a magazine of his BBs into my leg at point blank range. Some of the BBs ripped through my pants, and I think one is still stuck in my knee, anyway, it was a pretty nasty mess. Luckily we had "medics" with a first aid kit nearby.

My cousin once took an aluminum baseball bat to my groin. He wasn't the most intelligent individual, and being the "nerd" of the family, I tended to take some serious attacks when I was younger, but this one was prevalent just because how much it hurt. He was one of the best batters on his little league team, by the way. When you're vomiting and soiling yourself at the same time while lying in the fetal position for about thirty minutes, you know that's some serious pain.

I’ve broken a leg, had more stenches than I can count, dislocated my shoulder multiple times, dislocated fingers, again multiple times, was cut across the neck with a knife, been shot with a 22, torn my ACL, burnt myself so severely with acid that you could see the bone in my finger, stuck a nail threw my hand, gotten a sliver of metal stuck in my eye, ran a jackhammer on my toes and sprained my ankle many times, and I can say without a doubt all those pains are easily tolerable. My worse pain ever came this year from passing a kidney stone. I begged for painkillers (something I have always refused) and then when it took too long, I begged someone to hit me over the head with a baseball bat or reach the top shelve in my closet for my shotgun shells, something I could not reach doubled over in pain.

When I was born, I had to have a section of my large intestine removed. Of course, I'm not 100% sure if they used any sort of anesthesia, so I bet it hurt like hell. Thankfully, I don't remember any of it.

After that, one time I had a rather unlucky sledding experience, where two sleds collided, and I, being the unlucky one, got a gashed lip. That part wasn't too painful, but getting stitches were pretty unpleasant. Especially when they had to inject the anesthetic in the open wound. Ow.

Archived