Home

Worst physical pain you've had?

Been shot with an arrow in the palm of my hand. Apparently I COULDN'T catch it.

I've climbed over a fence and got my leg caught in the barb wire, tearing it open.

And riding down a hill and forgetting the bike I was on had back-brakes ....

I fell off a playground in 2nd grade, my leg hit the ground and then I kneed myslef in the head

I LOL'D so much after reading that, hahaha. Nice work!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Childbirth. There is no pain worse than a hard contraction. Imagine the worst possible stomach cramp you've had that made you double over and gasp it hurt so bad. Multiply that by about 100 and make it last for hours coming in unrelenting, overwhelming waves that get worse every 2 minutes. mimartin's kidney stone pain is a close approximation. I would have done anything to make the pain stop, including dying, if it had gone on any longer without the epidural pain relief.

:drop2:

The Padawan's right. She wins.

Pics or I didn't happen. :carms:

compass_mummystomb_4cropped.JPG

The worst was just about a year ago. I had multiple dozens of kidney stones passing... almost in a steady stream over a 90+ hour period... now that's pain my friends.

We have a winner.

I use to make fun of a friend that had stones for all his moaning about the pain. I now have a new respect for him.

The nurse treating my stepfather’s cancer said she had three children and one kidney stone. She went on to say if the pain from labor had been equal to the pain from the stone, she would have only had one child.

actually, forget the tendinitis. i remember the WORST physical pain, it didn't last as long, but it hurt worse. charlie horse. i was out running hard that day, didn't drink water...all leg muscles cramped up on me, calf muscles, and quadriceps. I was sitting indian style. the pain was excruciating. from that day forward i remembered to drink water before and after running. (this was also at basic)

Childbirth. There is no pain worse than a hard contraction. Imagine the worst possible stomach cramp you've had that made you double over and gasp it hurt so bad. Multiply that by about 100 and make it last for hours coming in unrelenting, overwhelming waves that get worse every 2 minutes. mimartin's kidney stone pain is a close approximation. I would have done anything to make the pain stop, including dying, if it had gone on any longer without the epidural pain relief.

Good thing I'm a male! :D

Ok I have a list of injuries I have suffered, all with some degree of pain: falling on a curb abd having my teeth go right through my bottom lip. I had to have stitches for that; a pencil in the hand since I was stupid enough to have the pointy end up, lot of blood but no stiches, various splinters, one actually had nasty puss; smashed fingers between rocks and door jambs and lost a nail from the worst one; slit my wrist with my thumb playing soccer; bruised knee cap from a scooter wipeout and when it gets cold I get the limp; steam burn on my left arm and metal burn on right, both on the forearms when I was a short order cook; my cat gouged both my forearms enough to draw blood and I actually had to wear one of those knee wrap bandages around the wound so my sleeves didn't agitate it; dislocated my pinky playing football with my cousins; been winded by a soccerball; cracked my nasals from a frisbee and ended with a nasty black eye; tendonitis in my right hand that hurt like a...; hit my head on various surfaces, most notably when I get in and out of a car; menstrual cramps are excruciating yet what hurts the most is when I get injured on a nerve and part of my body collapses in pain.

I know that it doesn't top going into labor but heck if I survived after all this and been a vic of armed robbery with a gun in my face, I must be pretty darn lucky.

Ok I have a list of injuries I have suffered, all with some degree of pain: falling on a curb abd having my teeth go right through my bottom lip. I had to have stitches for that; a pencil in the hand since I was stupid enough to have the pointy end up, lot of blood but no stiches, various splinters, one actually had nasty puss; smashed fingers between rocks and door jambs and lost a nail from the worst one; slit my wrist with my thumb playing soccer; bruised knee cap from a scooter wipeout and when it gets cold I get the limp; steam burn on my left arm and metal burn on right, both on the forearms when I was a short order cook; my cat gouged both my forearms enough to draw blood and I actually had to wear one of those knee wrap bandages around the wound so my sleeves didn't agitate it; dislocated my pinky playing football with my cousins; been winded by a soccerball; cracked my nasals from a frisbee and ended with a nasty black eye; tendonitis in my right hand that hurt like a...; hit my head on various surfaces, most notably when I get in and out of a car; menstrual cramps are excruciating yet what hurts the most is when I get injured on a nerve and part of my body collapses in pain.

I know that it doesn't top going into labor but heck if I survived after all this and been a vic of armed robbery with a gun in my face, I must be pretty darn lucky.

guys have stuff like this happen to them all the time,

but you are now officially the most physically beat up woman i have ever heard of. :eyepop

Not the top of the list, but in Second Grade, during PE, I was running, looked over my shoulder for a moment to gauge my progress, and ended up smashing my leg into metal bleachers. I can distinctly remember waking up a moment later, the sun blocked out because the ****ing other kids were just sitting there, staring. It took a minute for the teacher to get there and I think I blacked out on the way to the nurse (I think I was awake when I got there, however). At any rate, lots of blood, pain, a scar, and I couldn't walk for a few days, and it was many a week before I could walk without limping.

...I do believe I just uncovered something about myself. :p

When I was still skateboarding I tried to clear a grass gap, my front wheels got stuck in the dirt and my front teeth used the Tarmac to stop my flying body, lots of Blood, Pain beyond anything I've experienced, broken nose/split lips/no teeth :( , I must of been going in excess of 20 MPH lol

Getting hit by a baseball bat in the head. That hurts like hell.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy. He can't feel the next... see?

My dad has passed sixteen kidney stones to date, my mom recently had the roof of her mouth whittled off to give her new gums, my sister had all four wisdom teeth taken out and had to go to work in said condition, and my other sister was mauled by an Akida.

Me? I'm the clumsy one of the family, always bumping into this and smashing into that, but I'm the only one that has never had stitches. Yet... :conspire:

My sister had all four wisdom teeth taken out and had to go to work in said condition.

I had mine taken out last year. They hurt as much as the embarrassment of having to eat/drink nothing but mashed up foods for the next 2 weeks. I had to do that because i couldn't open my mouth wide enough to eat an M n M.

Not if you get kidney stones, it ain't. :p

I hope I don't get one....:(

My Dad nearly cut his entire arm off with a chainsaw. Crazy, I guess that he was trimming up a tree, and bam-nearly cut his arm off. Lots of blood, and he has the stitches to prove them.

He was also hit by a truck while crossing the street when he was a kid. His head hit the curb; thank God he survived. I don't know how he is alive...

guys have stuff like this happen to them all the time,

but you are now officially the most physically beat up woman i have ever heard of. :eyepop

And I didn't even include the time that I actually got a glass heat burn and burned myself with metal tongs after said tongs hat touched piping hot glass. That was when I was learning the patient art of glass blowing.

I'm not physically beat up, I just tend to do things were injury risk is high. Some things happened because I missed a catch like the frisbee that cracked my nasals.

That reminds me if a friend of mine. He was playing rugby at night{so it is very dark} and having a fun time until he hits a broken lamp post that was near the field. His nose was knocked off alignment, it was practically two inches away from where it was supposed to be...

That was when I was learning the patient art of glass blowing.

glass blowing is awesome!

I'm not physically beat up, I just tend to do things were injury risk is high. Some things happened because I missed a catch like the frisbee that cracked my nasals.

my apologies; i meant beaten up.

if youre wondering, there is a difference. :)

I think the worst physical pain that has hurt me the most was a back injury I got when I was 18 which left me almost unable to move for several days and still plays up every so often.

You may wonder what physical thing I did to do this?

It turns out I had done it when cleaning/washing the walls in preparation to repaint them (yeah most unmanly thing ever :( I suppose I made up for it by not having any medication)

It was only a day later when I got out of bed that I knew something was wrong as my back twinged with pain, I somehow managed to go down stairs and get breakfast without bending forwards as the day went on I ended up being unable to stand properly.

I ended up spending several days in bed followed by walking around like an old man for a few weeks after that.

I don't want to 'win' though! :(
Yea, this is one category where coming in last is best.

Reminds me of the age old question:

Why do women have babies? Because if they left it up to men the species would die.

Still cannot believe they endure that type of pain just to reproduce.

Whoa. That sounds excruciating. Were you able to get your teeth replace?

luckily there was enough root left to cap them with fakes, the impact was so hard they snapped rather than come loose... which is good (Although more painful) thing :)

I think the worst physical pain that has hurt me the most was a back injury I got when I was 18 which left me almost unable to move for several days and still plays up every so often.

You may wonder what physical thing I did to do this?

It turns out I had done it when cleaning/washing the walls in preparation to repaint them (yeah most unmanly thing ever :( I suppose I made up for it by not having any medication)

It was only a day later when I got out of bed that I knew something was wrong as my back twinged with pain, I somehow managed to go down stairs and get breakfast without bending forwards as the day went on I ended up being unable to stand properly.

I ended up spending several days in bed followed by walking around like an old man for a few weeks after that.

It almost sounds as if you pinched a nerve in your back. The same thing happened to my father when he was driving home from work. It was pale and sweaty when he got in and was lucky that he was able to keep the vehicle steady. It never really went away.

Archived