Home

Worst physical pain you've had?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 5th grade I was taking a PE test where we had to do a mile run--timed. Easy enough. I started running and I don't quite know what exactly happened, but I really hurt something in my knee--though the most likely thing that happened was that I stepped into a pothole. (The whole field was ridden with them) I can still feel it to this day. Hurt like hell

Other than that, I have nearly snapped my ankle a couple of years back. I was unloading the truck and on my way back I fell. You see, the curb was placed on a slope and when I stepped down I was caught off guard and slipped. It was all in slow motion...and I couldn't move my entire leg for a few minutes. Horrible pain, accompanied with horrible bruising all around my foot and ankle. I wasn't able to go to the doctor, still had to do some level of PE. Motrin, ice, and an ace bangage was all that I had.

Those two things, and being kicked in the groin. Some of the worst pain imaginable...

I've...

* Stepped on a sixteen penny nail. Twice (same foot even).

* Had a locker I was helping to carry dropped on my right hand before I was ready to set it down. Took over 45 minutes for all the lacerations to stop bleeding.

* Slit my wrist - almost... on accident while carving something plastic with an exacto knife. Came one skin layer away from slicing open an artery. Required two stitches.

* Had my mom say I pulled a tv on top of my head when I was... really young (lol), so I have this fracture-like spot on my forehead that I can still feel.

* My dog take me for a run across a freshly paved street when I was really little (I was five or six). I was so skinned up after that... I never took her for a walk again (my mom did it). xD

Im severly accident prone to the point I can hurt myself badly and wont know it til I see blood everywhere, or I see the injury and the pain kicks my ass. lol And yet, in all this time, Ive yet to actually break any bones. O.o Im sure Im do for a major accident requiring a cast or two though. >.>

Oy! That reminds me of my days with Boy Scouts a long time ago!

My friends and I were sitting on top of a large rock formation made up of 3 boulders. I was the closest to the edge, and I wasn't wearing hiking boots. I lost my footing and literally slid and stumbled down 20 feet. I didn't realize how banged up and bleeding I was until I looked. Soon afterward, I regretted looking at the blood, that's when the pain started:D

I'm the opposite of you Sazella; Pain follows me and I (subconsciously) follow it.

My list:

Stepped on a nail while helping build a house

Having to remove said nail (no medical supplies, unless a hammer counts.)

broken knee

that time I was really accident prone in fourth grade (I got hit by an inanimate object 2-3 times a day for a year, almost half on the head)

I almost set myself on fire (left my right shoulder a nice burn for a while)

in kindergarden, someone kicked a basketball (all the real kickballs were taken >_<), it bounced off the wall, and hit me in the... ahem, tender area.

When I almost broke my back

and some more I can't remember (probably due to another injury :p)

Getting hit by a baseball bat in the head. That hurts like hell.

Getting hit in the balls by a softball hurts too.

I've also went head first over my bike and chipped my front two teeth and had bruises and cuts all over my face and arms.

Honestly though, the think getting hit in the balls by a softball hurt more.

when i was five, i was at church waiting to ask somone something. they had these collapsible metal chairs, and while waiting, i stuck my fnger in a tube on the back of a chair...

the chair collapsed and it ripped off my fingernail.

then i had my other fingernail and a big toenail ripped off somehow, (cant remmeber how).

but mimartin.... O_O

Ahh, yes! I just remembered a rather painful event!

my friend threw a water bottle at me, and I tried to block it, but it hit my finger as I raised my hand to stop it. At that moment, my finger had bent several degrees in the direction it shouldn't be going. Amazing, at the time, I didn't think you could break a finger with a water bottle...

Im severly accident prone to the point I can hurt myself badly and wont know it til I see blood everywhere, or I see the injury and the pain kicks my ass. lol And yet, in all this time, Ive yet to actually break any bones.

Same here.

I’ve broken a leg, had more stenches than I can count, dislocated my shoulder multiple times, dislocated fingers, again multiple times, was cut across the neck with a knife, been shot with a 22, torn my ACL, burnt myself so severely with acid that you could see the bone in my finger, stuck a nail threw my hand, gotten a sliver of metal stuck in my eye, ran a jackhammer on my toes and sprained my ankle many times, and I can say without a doubt all those pains are easily tolerable. My worse pain ever came this year from passing a kidney stone. I begged for painkillers (something I have always refused) and then when it took too long, I begged someone to hit me over the head with a baseball bat or reach the top shelve in my closet for my shotgun shells, something I could not reach doubled over in pain.

</thread> :carms:

My most painful experiences would have to be a toothache. Now it may not sound bad to some of you, but the pain feels like some one is beating your face in with a bat, and not even 1000mg(maximum dose) of Motrin or Tylenol could relieve the pain.

Next would have to be when I ramped my cousins bike (which I was much too big for) and landed right on the "jewels". I was in pain for 20 minutes and could barely breathe.

I also had smashed my head up against a brick wall, while playing roller hockey, at full speed. Luckily no serious damage was done.

O_O

:eek:

Owwww...just reading some of these things hurts... :eek:

Well, other than being attacked by a very large dog, the only other thing that I've really done to myself was fall down in our gravel driveway and cut my big toe wide open, along with lacerating the rest of my foot pretty well, too. It bled. A lot. And, of course, just as my sister and I got back to the house to get my mom to bandage me up, the phone rang, and she was stuck for two hours. :/ Stinkin' thing never clotted the whole time.

Never broken any bones, though!

Of course, compared to the things that have happened to most of ya'll, that's nothin'. At all. 8O

I’ve broken a leg, had more stenches than I can count, dislocated my shoulder multiple times, dislocated fingers, again multiple times, was cut across the neck with a knife, been shot with a 22, torn my ACL, burnt myself so severely with acid that you could see the bone in my finger, stuck a nail threw my hand, gotten a sliver of metal stuck in my eye, ran a jackhammer on my toes and sprained my ankle many times, and I can say without a doubt all those pains are easily tolerable. My worse pain ever came this year from passing a kidney stone. I begged for painkillers (something I have always refused) and then when it took too long, I begged someone to hit me over the head with a baseball bat or reach the top shelve in my closet for my shotgun shells, something I could not reach doubled over in pain.

Pics or I didn't happen. :carms:

Broken left wrist, broken all fingers, ran over myself with my own car twice, dislocated and broken thumb, dislocated both ankles, dislocated both knees three times each, burnt skin off my right thigh when I was six, glass bottle through the side of my foot, falling off the stairs and having a metal butterfly nut driven through my leg starting from the inner thigh, an osteochondroma slowly growing through the muscle covering my left femur (starting when I was twelve and mercifully ending its outward expansion when I was sixteen) and the resulting limp I have every other day from it, cracked collar bone, and a blood infection from a broken tooth earlier this year that spread all the way to my legs. I'm a pain museum. The worst was the blood infection though. I really felt like I was going to die there for a while and I didn't find myself caring that much either.

No stone passing though so I consider myself fortunate.

Childbirth. There is no pain worse than a hard contraction. Imagine the worst possible stomach cramp you've had that made you double over and gasp it hurt so bad. Multiply that by about 100 and make it last for hours coming in unrelenting, overwhelming waves that get worse every 2 minutes. mimartin's kidney stone pain is a close approximation. I would have done anything to make the pain stop, including dying, if it had gone on any longer without the epidural pain relief.

Childbirth. There is no pain worse than a hard contraction. Imagine the worst possible stomach cramp you've had that made you double over and gasp it hurt so bad. Multiply that by about 100 and make it last for hours coming in unrelenting, overwhelming waves that get worse every 2 minutes. mimartin's kidney stone pain is a close approximation. I would have done anything to make the pain stop, including dying, if it had gone on any longer without the epidural pain relief.

Quoted for undeniable win.

My worse pain ever came this year from passing a kidney stone. I begged for painkillers (something I have always refused) and then when it took too long, I begged someone to hit me over the head with a baseball bat or reach the top shelve in my closet for my shotgun shells, something I could not reach doubled over in pain.

Count your lucky stars you only had one stone pass... I have lived through this several times over the last 6+ years.

The worst was just about a year ago. I had multiple dozens of kidney stones passing... almost in a steady stream over a 90+ hour period... now that's pain my friends. I passed out a half-dozen times and thankfully about 48 or so hours in I was gifted with the wonders of Oxycodone... even with this powerful drug it still hurt like hell, but I could at least sleep some. I must have lived my youth recklessly or something, or I was paying off karma at a drastically increased rate.

May none of you reading this ever know what this is like...

I had a spud wrench (a metal spike that is about a foot and a half long) hit me in the face while I was 30 feet in the air on a radio tower. I was finishing a section and the other guy went up to prepare for the next section and it fell out of his tool belt right above me. Luckily the big end hit me and not the pointed end or it would've killed me but it did fracture my cheek bone.

Also when I was really young I fell down some stairs and fractured my skull. I still have a dent in my head from it.

Archived