Home

"Soundtrack Island" track help?

Who'sThere

Out of curiosity is it possible to use the tracks from Soundtrack Island with the actual games?

For instance, the Indy FoA I have has a "monster.sou" sound file. Would I be able to use the ogg hosted at the Island with the actual game?

And what would I have to rename them?

Also of interest would be the Loom PC floppy soundtrack. Could that be used somehow with ScummVM and the floppy version?

For Monkey Island 2 and all newer SCUMM games, iMUSE was used which makes the music change dynamically based on your actions in the game so the MIDI files can't be simply replaced with digital audio equivalents.

Loom on the other hand uses a regular, static MIDI soundtrack so replacing it using ScummVM would be possible if the developers of ScummVM added support for it. This isn't going to happen as my soundtracks aren't officially endorsed by LucasArts.

All SCUMM games from Monkey Island 2 and newer, X-Wing, Dark Forces, TIE Fighter, X-Wing Alliance, Grim Fandango, and Escape from Monkey Island.

iMUSE ended up being used if the game just used the concept of that engine, but I believe those games were the only ones with the iMUSE logo on the box or in the credits.

• 2 years later...
iMUSE ended up being used if the game just used the concept of that engine, but I believe those games were the only ones with the iMUSE logo on the box or in the credits.
Knights of the Old Republic 2 also has the logo on the case, but it seems it's just the concept.

Archived