Home

Which 2009 Movies are you looking forward to?

Sabretooth

In a follow-up to my last year's smash hit thread, this time we discuss the movies coming out in 2009 and which ones you're looking forward to the most.

Times Online UK has put up a decent list of 50 movies coming out this year. Go backwards to go from most-awaited to least-awaited.

This here's my list:

1. Watchmen

2. Inglourious Basterds

3. Avatar

4. Sherlock Holmes (with Robert Downey Jr. **** yeah)

5. Terminator Salvation

6. Up (not on the list, thanks Achilles)

7. Fanboys (release goddamnit)

Sherlock Holmes. I don't recall ever having been disappointed by a Guy Ritchie movie (never saw the one he did with Madonna) and RDJ is allegedly on a come-back.

The Lovely Bones. Peter Jackson. Nuff said.

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. Heath Ledger's last movie. Terry Gilliam directing.

Terminator Salvation. Either this or X-Men: Wolverine will end up being my guilty pleasure for the year.

Public Enemies. I'm a Michael Mann fanboy, so this movie will completely kick-ass regardless of whether it actually kicks ass or not.

Not on the list but should've been:

Up. Pixar's 2009 offering.

The Princess and the Frog. The first full-length Disney film started after John Lasseter took over as Chief Creative Officer. Co-directed by the guys who made Alladin and Treasure Planet, I'm holding my breath for something good.

The Soloist. See aforementioned RDJ come-back and another blatant attempt at an Oscar shot by Jamie Foxx.

5. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

4. Star Trek

3. Terminator Salvation

2. X-Men Origins: Wolverine

1. Watchmen

Had not previously heard that a Sherlock Holmes movie was coming out but now that I know about it, it will probably be something that I'm interested in seeing as well.

1.Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (when it comes out on DVD, probably)

2.Star Trek

3.Xmen: Origins (also when it comes on DVD)

4.Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (after the DVD comes out)

5.Terminator Salvation (do I watch anything before it gets on DVD?)

1. Terminator: Salvation (It looks awesome...that and robot killing is fun:D)

2. X-men: Origins (This looks very interesting, I'm just hoping they won't ruin the franchise with this one...)

3. Watchmen (The comic was pretty cool)

4. Sherlock Holmes (What can I say, he's AWESOME!)

5. Star Trek (Not really a big fan, but the trailer looked impressive...so it may be worth seeing)

Star Trek.

A lot of the others seem like they may be worth a look, though. I'm interested to see how this Sherlock Holmes movie will go, but I haven't been able to 'believe'/accept many Holmes actors after Jeremy Brett!

All the same, I'll probably go and see the Transformers sequel, and Terminator after I can get my hands on a review.

I'm still waiting for Frost/Nixon and Slum Dog Millionaire to find their way to my area. :mad:
I'm willing to bet that you can save Frost/Nixon for your NetFlix queue. Good movie, but not worth holding your breath to see. Director of Photography did a fantastic job, FWIW.

Oh, question: Were the Watchmen comics really that good? I'm thinkin' about looking it up sometime after it comes out, but right now it looks like just another super-person movie--what is that? The seventh one? Let's see...

Spiderman

Batman

Superman

Iron Man

X-men

Transformers (was that a comic? :confused:)

Aaaaand that's all I can think of ATM. Any more I'm missing?

Archived