Home

Multiplayer?

Capisdead

Apparently, over at mixnmajo.com, Brutal Legend is going to be at the Game Developer's Conference and that they may showcase some multiplayer there,

so the question of course is what type of multiplayer would you like to see? I for one would love it if there was some sort of co-op gameplay there.

They're going to show the art of the game, not multiplayer.

And I would love it if it were, well, "leading armies into brutal victory" against other armies? Or maybe as a co-op?

You know Kroms, that idea, if fleshed out and balanced well, could be really cool.:D

I think co-op is very likely, as that's a really big thing on consoles right now. It'd also be the kind of thing that'd slot most easily into Brutal Legend's existing gameplay I imagine, and indeed perhaps they designed the game from start to finish around the concept of having two or more players — thus explaining that old comment about getting a solid multiplayer in place right from the start.

I think co-op is very likely, as that's a really big thing on consoles right now. It'd also be the kind of thing that'd slot most easily into Brutal Legend's existing gameplay I imagine, and indeed perhaps they designed the game from start to finish around the concept of having two or more players — thus explaining that old comment about getting a solid multiplayer in place right from the start.

Yeah, I definitely agree with the idea of co-op fitting in pretty easily for the game. Possibly, with one person being Eddie and the second person being the henchmen. Also, co-op is huge now with Gears 2 and Resident Evil 5 so it would make sense for Brutal Legend to have co-op as well.

Hmm.

Co-op online is interesting. Creating the ultimate rock show as roadies to fight-off hordes...

I've been playing L4D too much. Gah.

Thing is there's just so much potential here, I don't want to speculate without being thrown a bone by DF.

Hmm.

Co-op online is interesting. Creating the ultimate rock show as roadies to fight-off hordes...

I've been playing L4D too much. Gah.

Thing is there's just so much potential here, I don't want to speculate without being thrown a bone by DF.

Too much L4D or too much Gears 2, that mode sounds very much like a cooler version of Gears's Horde mode.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, I definitely agree with the idea of co-op fitting in pretty easily for the game. Possibly, with one person being Eddie and the second person being the henchmen. Also, co-op is huge now with Gears 2 and Resident Evil 5 so it would make sense for Brutal Legend to have co-op as well.

I hope it's a henchmen or a fellow dude, or at least gives you a choice of genders like in ObsCure. Nothing is more awkward after beating a co-op with your male friend than watching player-2's chick make out with your dude.

Archived