Home

George, it is time to retire...

TriggerGod

I honestly agree with that, Anakin, Padme, and Obi-Wan were the only developed characters in PT, but I thought they were developed poorly so that also colored my opinion on the characters. Anyways, I felt Qui-Gon was the only character who actually was played with a hint of subtly and depth. McGregor was doing an average Alec Guinness impression(he was alright in Episode III though) I don't even want to begin on Hayden's work and Natalie Portman sleepwalked through the entire trilogy. But as for the point of the topic. I honestly think if George Lucas wants to keep doing what he does, it's completely fine, it doesn't mean I have to like it though.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She wants him to retire from what, exactly? He wears many (flannel) hats. Is she claiming he is terrible at everything he does? If so, why doesn't most filmmakers easily surpass him?

What a terrible list. She had a list of only 9 things to complain about, and one of them was about his attire? Lame. There are plenty of legitimate things to complain about regarding Lucas, and she has nothing but fluff, including complaining about a series that we know almost nothing about. Nice.

The fact of the matter is that Lucas has had a lasting effect on the entire movie industry, and makes hugely popular films (the entire SW and Indy sagas get a fresh rating, huge box office draw, etc.). Just about every movie maker out there would give their left nut to be as successful as Lucas is in terms of dollars, fan base, and lasting effect on popular culture.

Again, Lucas has many flaws, but this list is just petty.

Archived