Home

TSL ReQUEST for a crystal! and HOPEFULLY more...

FrostyDHM

Hello all. Within the last month I got into applying mods to my overplayed TSL. I have tried out several and finally got my override in order. But, during my search for new content, I did not find very many mods/add-ons for power crystals, lens, emitters, firing chambers, etc... Actually, I dont think I found any for targeting, firing, power packs, e.cells, emitters and the like... only crystals. ANYWAY, to the point.

I love the customization of TSL (sorry, I never found a copy of kotor1 so I STILL havent played it :() and not just the modding (to which I am new) but the weapon and armor modifications in the game.

Anyway, what I am wanting (if possible) is this for starters:

#1) a power crystal that is a.) +2-20 LS or DS damage, dependant on my characters disposition. b.)I would also like it to bear my characters name i.e., <Charactername>'s Crystal. c. and d.)Also, a +3 to Attack and -3 to defense. e.)I do not want it to replace any crystal's (as I have mods on them currently). Lastly, the icon for this could be any crystal icon recolored (pick your fav).

Can this be done... more importantly, would someone be interested in creating this? If so, I will send a description for the item.

#2) A lightsaber lens called Opila Beam Lens. It should provide keen, +1-8 unstoppable and +1 to Atk, Dmg, Def and BBD. Description - These lens are shaped and polished from a large and naturally flawless Opila crystal, making these lens extremely rare.

I have a list of ideas for mod items for sabers, blasters, melee and armor if anyone is willing to do this?! It could become a parts pack!!!

WOW, thanks Rtas! Great job. The Opila Beam Lens works perfectly. I don't understand why all the stats don't show in the description, but it works great none-the-less.

The <charactername>'s crystal needs a few small modification if you wouldn't mind?

#1) I should have asked for it to be named <charactername>'s Synth

crystal.

#2) It currently inflicts both Darkside and Lightside damage. Can

it be made to inflict Darkside damage only if the exile is Darkside

and Lightside damage only for lightsiders? Or would it be easier

to create 2 cyrstals, 1 for DS and one for LS characters?

Otherwise, it's great. Just like the Lens, it doesnt show all of its

stats, but works almost as it should, except for what I noted above.

#3)This is also my fault, I should have provided this in my request.

The description for the crystal:

This synthetic crystal was forged by the Exile at the start of the Mandalorian Wars. It served as a reflection of the Exile's aggressiveness during those times. At the end of the war, the Exile removed the crystal to mark the end of the conflict. However, the Exile could not dispose of the crystal and over the past decade it has served as a reminder of those dark times.

NOTE: If you can make the description state the character name instead of Exile or the Exile, it may read better, use your descretion.

Other TSL items

Well, here are a few other items if you're interested. Some of them

have game mechanics that may or may not be possible.

Force Projection Emitter class 1 (* with notes)

1.)-1 force regen.

*I know that a plus can be provided, but what about a negative? Will it draw force points over time in the game?

2.)+2-16

*either force (LS or DS as per the character) or energy

damage if the LS/DS mechanics cannot be done.

3.)+1 attack

4.)Description: These strange and powerful emitters help focus the

force more directly into the lightsaber beam, providing substantial

power to combat and creating a mere extension of the wielder.

Force Projection Emitter class 2

1.)-3 force regen.

2.)+2-20 damage LS or DS (dependant on mechanics it could be energy

damage)

3.)+2 Attack

4.)+2 defense

5.)Description: Even more powerful then class one's, FP Class 2 Emitters draw the wielders force through the lightsaber creating a very devastating weapon.

Advanced Precision Emitter

1.) Keen

2.) +3 attack

3.) +2 damage

4.) Description: Precision Emitters harness the lightsabers energy into a tight and clearly defined beam, allowing for deadly control.

If you so desire, you could also create a Standard Precision Emitter

with dumbed-down stats to make a set... your call.

MkV Electrogas Cell

1.) +1-8 electric damage

2.) +1-8 cold damage

3.) +2-16 vs. droid (racial) if possible

4.) Description: Created from a conbination of Tibanna gas and other elements that are electrically charged, then pressurized into a solid state. This process results in a energy cell material that can hold an amazing charge. While the electrical effect on lightsabers is expected, the chilling release of this energy is only experienced when focused through lightsaber crystals.

Thanks again Rtas for the Lens and crystal, I hope you can work out the details of the crystal for me. If you get around to creating these items, I will post up some blaster gear and maybe another lightsaber power cell... interested?

It's great news that you got the items finished, I can't wait to try them out! It is a shame that "force drain" (negative force regen.) is not possible... perhaps the damage on for the Force projection emitters should be dropped down one die type. +2-12 for class 1 and +2-16 for class 2...

This is a little off topic, but I just recolored my first .tga for some Republic Commando armor. All this good news makes me happy!

Back on topic, is it hard to create custom icons for items? I have a few images that I thought of using for some of these items and wondered how I would apply them? I have been surfing thru the forums and haven't found my answer yet...

Well, I'm looking forward to using your creations. Hope to hear from you soon.

FDHM

Archived