Home

Reader's Choice 2008 Contest Nominations

Alright folks, it's that time of year again: The Reader's Choice Contest!

Right now we are taking nominations for best fan fics long and short. All fics nominated must be finished by 2008. Any fic that is still being worked on is not eligible.

So nominate the fic or shortie and Bee and I will create a poll for best shorts and best long fics.

Nominations will go on for two weeks.

Hmm, for shortie I'd have to go with CommanderQ's 'In The End...'

The long fic section is rather harder to choose. Don't really know of how many were completed last year. Didn't have any time to read much more of what I already had.

I read quite a bit of Mach's story however so I'm going to vote for it.

Yeahp.

So, for me:

In The End= Best Short Fic

Family of Choice = Best Long Fic.

Thanks Mr. BFA!

Oy, this is a tough one. This year I have read many many great fics, so it is quite hard to choose a few...I shall post soon on this matter...

I have a few questions before I post on that though. Are you only allowed to nominate one long fic and one short fic? Also, must the fic be considered finished, as in no more chapters yet to be completed?

Thanks Mr. BFA!

Oy, this is a tough one. This year I have read many many great fics, so it is quite hard to choose a few...I shall post soon on this matter...

I have a few questions before I post on that though. Are you only allowed to nominate one long fic and one short fic? Also, must the fic be considered finished, as in no more chapters yet to be completed?

So far the rule has been one of each Commander.

Well, since I only started posting here around October I think, I missed out on a lot of the early part of the years great stories. So, I won't vote in that category. But for best Short Fic, I'll go with CommanderQ's "In the End..." I thought this was a spectacular idea, and to top it off, it was very well written. Excellent Job, Commander!

Short Fic: Ebon Hawk Hijinks by HIGH ON PIE 14

Long Fic: I dunno, most of the long fics I read are still in the works! :o

@Mach: I like your list of stories--and, of course, I was ecstatic when I saw the name of my fic on the list--but I thought the long fics had to be finished. :confused: Also, I thought only the things on LF were eligible, not KFM. :confused:

I probably have the rules totally wrong. :o

Short Fic: Ebon Hawk Hijinks by HIGH ON PIE 14

Long Fic: I dunno, most of the long fics I read are still in the works! :o

@Mach: I like your list of stories--and, of course, I was ecstatic when I saw the name of my fic on the list--but I thought the long fics had to be finished. :confused: Also, I thought only the things on LF were eligible, not KFM. :confused:

I probably have the rules totally wrong. :o

The others in charge of the poll decided that both were eligible, so I posted the full list. If there is something on the long fic list that is not completed let me know, I'll hate to do it, but I will remove it.

The others in charge of the poll decided that both were eligible, so I posted the full list. If there is something on the long fic list that is not completed let me know, I'll hate to do it, but I will remove it.

Well...mine isn't under the long list...but I'm intending to make it a LOT longer, and it's definitely not finished yet. 'Fraid you better remove it. :(

Ah, well. Next year! (crosses fingers)

Thanks for clearing up the KFM thing for me! I was a tad confused. :lol:

I have had some questions asked about the nominations so I figure I will explain as best as I can.

One question asked was that someone was rewriting their fic even though the original is done and posted. The original was nominated and since it was finished in 2008 then it is eligible.

Another was self nomination of fics. Generally it was assumed that you couldn't do that but to clarify, you can self nominate your fics. This is mostly for the reason that you appear egotistical and even though you are not like that, others may think so.

As to fics, they must be completed by 2008. For example, my long fic Heart of the Guardian can be nominated since it was finished in 2008 but my current fic Realms of Honor cannot be since it is not finished.

Any other questions I or Bee will be glad to answer. You can send a PM, not a visitor message.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived