Home

Taris Middle City?

disbeliever

Y'know, i've always thought about this myself, would certainly give Taris a bit more playability, maybe even the Taris Jedi Academy could be done but to do this effectively it would require to model new areas which is a lot of work, even with the know-how and required tools. Still, this would be cool.

I have worked as a web developer and designer for over 10 years. I have extensive knowledge of 3d modeling and animation, but using Lightwave not 3dsm. and I have no idea whatsoever about walk meshes or scripting for kotor

Maybe I should start tapping the knowledge here an give it a go?

I have worked as a web developer and designer for over 10 years. I have extensive knowledge of 3d modeling and animation, but using Lightwave not 3dsm. and I have no idea whatsoever about walk meshes or scripting for kotor

Maybe I should start tapping the knowledge here an give it a go?

Yeah, give it a go. Oh, the tool you will need to put your maps into the game is KAurora Editor, you can find it HERE, if you can make the model atleast, i'm sure modders around Holowan Labs will be happy to put the maps into the game and populate it with NPCs, quests etc. :)

Couldn't some pre-existing areas from Taris-Leviathan-Manaan be used to make this?

Properly reskinned of course.

I am thinking no? Upper city is vastly different than lower city and under city. I think each wouldnhave their own distinct look. Do you agree?

I need to PM some of the top modders an get input on modeling areas and how I cna use lightwave to do so.

The Sith probably had patrols in the Middle City during their occupation, as well as the Exchange. It is likely that most of the Middle City citizens perished in the orbital bombardment.

Some Sith patrols would be good, but I think you'd have to do some re-arranging with the whole 'access the Undercity' quest. Perhaps another quest/puzzle that you needed to do that would allow you to access the Lower City?

I was thinking about how you could work in the middle city. To my knowledge there are no doors left unused in the upper city that you could connect them to? Are there any doors in the lower city which are unused? I would want it to be accessible via a door or some kind and not one of those talk to someone and magically you are there things.

I will be PMing some moders today to get some direction

Isn't there an unused elevator in the apartment complex the hideout is in?

There is a bunch of junk in it if i remember correctly.

I think that there is also an unused elevator in the Vulkar base.

I also think there is one in the sith base.

Could you use that?

Wouldn't it make more sense just to have KotOR transition from the Upper City Elevator, but instead of going to the Lower City, go to the Middle City, and then have a door there that goes to the Lower City?

Hmm... in the upper city cantina, you can fight in the arena. When you go into the matches, you get placed in this random arena room - but what if you made the arena on the middle city?

You could go and bet on combatants. The outside of the arena could just be a reskin of the jedi enclave or something... or the Sith military base.

Archived