Home

Release Date

memarik

are you shore that it is in 121212? or is it a joke? cos i cant wait so long :(

i heard at some place that it would be out in the end of this year or something maeby at crismas of 2009.

cos if you look at the documentary they have made it seems that they have made the game allready a lot as they say in the video they dont want to show everything allready that they have made cos it gonna be a big chrismas present :p

I just hope the release it when its done, so we can have smooth launch... yeah like thats gonna happen...

Ahhh well, it might, you may not have much hope, but they have kept the development of the game under wraps for 3 years, the game is already in a playable state... Believe me, LA aren't dumb enough to make the same mistake twice, I mean Lucas himself might be, but I'm sure his 'highly' paid employees are not. (Assuming we're talking about TSL here)

In any case, I can imagine either early 2010 - early 2011. It'll probably be within that time frame. That would give it a reasonable development time of 5 years, that's half a decade, it's quite a long time for a game to be made. If this is the case, the game should ship pretty much flawless.

The game doesn't need to be finished though, i'm sure many expansion packs are going to be released.

There is a difference between beta and finished.

In truth, you cannot finish an mmo. It just eventually dies. Thus why you constantly work in a never ending late beta stage.

World of Warcraft is still being patched, fixed, updated, etc every month with new things to keep it going. I don't know the exact number, but its still in its beta run.

Expansion packs simply add more, and if you spend time and effort on the game you shouldn't need to patch it with expansions. World of Warcraft was more than big enough before its expansions, and now its grown too large for comfort.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
The game doesn't need to be finished though, i'm sure many expansion packs are going to be released.

and look what that did for AOC for example :raise:

i think it will take a long time before we can actually play his game. maybe end of 2011.

They will want to release the game when the hype is at its peak. I doubt they will want to wait too long, and thereby risking the hype/interest to fall. Though that would probably only be relevant after a few years. From my experience, hype evolves pretty much like any other disease. ;)

But if they have a financial advantage, then they can push it until they consider the game to be in a solid state. Much like how Blizzard progresses.

Archived