Home

Losing faith in the human race.

Rachel_Ewok

Yup I'm losing faith in the human race one little thing after another. I mean, some things make up for what I lose but it doesn't happen too often.

This began a while back when I was helping with a charity food drive, I asked my neighbors to each donate a bag of canned goods (we do this every year, its for school).

The richest people in the neighborhood gave a bag with about 5 cans that were expired, no one wouldn't eat unless they HAD to, and one can was rusted.

However, I gained a small amount of faith back, when the person who seemed worse off in our neighborhood donated a huge box full of canned goods.

Anyways, little things just edge away at my faith in the human race. For example, today in history class we were talking about wars and I'm not 100% sure what the teacher said but one student responded, "Wait, I thought we totally won the Vietnam War... Didn't we drop the atom bomb on Japan?"

Or when a friend put up on her facebook page the day Obama got elected "Obama bin Laden got elected!!!!" she was serious. She SERIOUSLY thought that was his name. It makes me want to go... live on Mars or something.

I think I, I cried a tear of my soul.

What little things help you lose (or maybe in some cases gain) faith in the human race?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ever thought that the richest people on your neighbourhood are just so because they're simply miserable? :xp:

Well, no need to lump together the entire human race on a trash pile just because your acquatainces acted stupid. Except that, stupid people are everywhere and on this you're probably right.

The fact that we have to vote on issues of rights (ie Prop 8), and somehow people democratically to curtail the rights of others. And people pushing for religious beliefs to be recognised as science. I'll stop there on that topic, or there'd be no end to my ranting.

heh lookit dis scrub maybe u should l2english b4 u call other ppl stupid

santsmil

l2english...? Whatever, you are right in one sense, Plokoon. Smart people can be found if you know where to look. Dumb people are only dumb because they refuse to try to make something of themselves. Saying "I don't car if I'm smart or not" doesn't cut it. The sad thing is without a descent IQ, one cant function that well in today's society. You'll need to be smart enough to hire the right lawyer, or to make the right investment, or make a lot of right decisions.

Yeah humanity has devolved itself now. I recently heard on the radio somewhere that a portion of America cannot find Great Britian on a map, when asked the question "what religion are Buddist monks they respond ""Israeli"" and of course populate Youtube and cannot keep a proper conversation without bashing someone's apparent sexuality.

It is inevitable that Humans are eventually either going to evolve so that a large portion of them aren't ignorant or we are going to die out.

(I do notice my grammar is crap. But spelling/grammar is hardly a symbol of intelligence. It shows how well you know the English language)

Anyway I am surprised you are losing faith in humanity over how ignorant most people are. Some people are actually quite intelligent. It just depends on where you look

Archived