Home

Star Wars battlefront 3 leaked gameplay video

DarthZayne

Yeah I just saw this on IGN, the lightsaber fight at the end looks interesting.

Edit: 100th post - took me long enough ;x

the lightsaber from this video aignt gameplay this is cinematic , choregraphed combat..

you can see some lightsaber combat in this video , something about 20 sec of vader but very similar from SWBFII.

I was searching online and found a link to this. This is awsome! Like the part where the person flies from the planet and then to outer-space to fight!!! That was SO awsome!!! I hope they still will have under-water battle like I was saying. They definetly did a lot of work on space battles. I am VERY excited. :D :D :D :D :D

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but...

SPOnG reports that a former Free Radical employee has verified that the footage is genuine, but that the game has already been passed to a new developer. Worse still, the tech that allowed you to fly from the ground to air and then into orbit stayed with Free Radical. The new developer, the source says, will now be using cutscenes.
:(

Then again, it is just a rumor from a former Free Radical employee, but I'm not all too skeptical on this one.

Worse still, the tech that allowed you to fly from the ground to air and then into orbit stayed with Free Radical. The new developer, the source says, will now be using cutscenes.

Are you serious, that technology has also been made by modders a long time ago, if rebellion is being outdone by modders, then they need to be dropped

I think Lucasarts/Rebellion should find a way to get the *new* version of battlefront 3 to be at least on par with the scrapped version. Its sad to see a feature everyone here wanted to be replaced by cutscenes. I would even be willing to wait longer if they managed to get it working. The large maps, interactive environment (stormtroopers saluting), destructive terrain, multiple capital ships, and campaign looked great. Too bad FR closed shop though. I wonder why lucasarts didn't just purchase rights to use the engine?

Yeah, while the free radical version looks awesome. I hope that Rebellion or Pandemic can get the job done.

Looking that the video, I find it interesting that they were going for a story driven campaign. Could be very cool if done right, especially for co-op purposes.

If the money statement is true, then Lucasarts is overlooking a few things:

A)Extra time needed to recode in the game features to a new engine. Different engines work differently, so all the coding done by FR is wasted. Sure, FR transferred over the gfx, models, maps, and coding, but what's the point of having coding if you can't use it on a engine that can decipher it?

B)Buying licenses isn't insanely expensive, in fact, I know some of them charge based on how many copies are sold (think of it as relative to a console tax). Many games are made on other engines. FR did say that the budget for the game was already high, so coupled with the "investment" made into producing the game already in transferring the data to Rebellion, investing a tad more into a license to solve issue A and C should be a no-brainer. Furthermore, lots of games are already made based on this. Unreal engine is a well known one.

C)Disappointment in PR with fans going up to release. Seamless Ground->Space = MUST HAVE!!! NO CUTSCENES AS "SEAMLESS". NO CUT MATERIAL (remember officers from Bf1? or how space turned out? or "embeded" movie footage in the campaign? or the removal of air units in "land"?). I for one won't be buying Bf3 until it goes into the bargain bin if it doesn't have this. Too many letdowns from Bf1 and Bf2 based on the hype beforehand might lead to slower uptake/sales as people wait for reviews.

Anyone think that a unified petition across multiple forums should be made? .(lucasforums, forums.lucasarts.com, forums.starwars.com, theforce.net, etc.) If not on buying the rights, then at least petition them to take time to make a quality game and not rush it, I would think we can live with delays as long as it is a quality game, we've already waited so long

Archived