Home

new jedi armor

thrubatral

i would like a armor made that looks like a combination of mandoloin armor and dark jedi robes. if posable i want the off hand of white mandaloian armor with a deep red trim. the chest I want to match. The strong arm I want to be a robe arm. I want the legs to match the arm. I'm trying to make a new set but can not figure how to combine the armor. please help, i realy want this.

Edit: Sory for the dual post, but I thought I should mention the set I want to make will have a pare of epee like blades, a modified hood, glove, a belt, the new force powers a personalized color crystal with stats, a proto-light saber{ an arcblade} and maybe a quest and module

I'm in no way an experienced modder but I'm afraid it's not that simple. It'd probably involve modeling a new armor, not to mention making the look of it(texturing, if I'm not mistaken).

It might be possible, and I'd like to see it done, but I doubt it's as easy as you make it out to be

i dont mean to make it sound easy but i cant model armor for the life of me.the idea is for a super heavy jedi armor that looks it

I am just starting to learn about modding and have worked on a few textures. What I see in the skin textures is 1/2 the armor texture. Like, just the left side or just the right. It mirrors the texture on the model. So, even if someone would, if they can, model kick--- armor like that, it will probably have a jacked-up texture. Prehaps a custom texture map could be created, but holy-pooh man, I would have to think the whole thing would be a monumental undertaking... if even possible. Not to mention the details of any other mods you are... requesting or planning to do, I'm not sure.

Don't get me wrong, I think it sounds cool and I hope that I am incorrect. But as great as the modders here are, well, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Hey your idea is something i've been tryin to do too! jedi armored robes would look cool, rather than just skinned stuff like i did with nihilus.. so i downloaded gmax and tried combining some models, using the heavy armor model as a base, then adding robe parts to the lower area plus the belt from the revan model, and the cape,. i'll post a screen when its done, im still learnin this 3d stuff.. but to make the textures non symetrical i think u would need a custom uv map or something, because mandalorian armor skins aren't symetrical.

i would like a armor made that looks like a combination of mandoloin armor and dark jedi robes. if posable i want the off hand of white mandaloian armor with a deep red trim. the chest I want to match. The strong arm I want to be a robe arm. I want the legs to match the arm. I'm trying to make a new set but can not figure how to combine the armor. please help, i realy want this.

A simple way to do your request would be to do something like what Astor_Kaine did for his Jedi General and Investigator mod. Now, for the exact request, it would take some re-UV Mapping, which wouldn't be that easy as, IIRC, there isn't much "breathing room" for the new skin of the arm. In layman's terms, there isn't much room for someone to put the new arm texture in so that it doesn't affect both sides.

Of course, that is the easy complicated way. There is also the option of merging the 2 models, which a tut can be found here

blades,

Swords? Modeled or just plain old reskinned?

a modified hood,

To be wearable? Try Kha's (Male) Hood Mod If not, it would be skinned along with the robe

glove, a belt,

Easy enough to do with KTool.

the new force powers

Details?

a personalized color crystal with stats

details and if you want a crystal with stats it would have to be a power crystal, as color crystals, for some reason, don't like to have properties put onto them.

a proto-light saber{ an arcblade}

Someone could model a saber similar to it, but if you want the saber blade to be curved, that is quite impossible, AFAIK I could be wrong. (I'm not familiar to protosabers. I know what they are, and thats about it)

and maybe a quest and module

where are the details?

• 1 month later...

to the questions about descriptions

I had an idea about the swords an alchemical combination of the lightsaber and a jet black with gold trim broad sword with the saber runnig up the cinter ridge but with this i want to have the ability to use melee and lightsaber upgrades {admittedly I'm sum what stumped as to how to achieve this}.the original was along the lines of a lightfoil{ http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightfoil}.

the arcblade i refer to looks kinda like a bow an example would be seen in blade trinity

the asymmetric armor I've found too difficult and have settled on some thing similar to what WindraSkywalker posted with a sharp { if i can manage it } transition of the tecture at the shoulder and belt. i also want to know if anyone knows how to restrict A force power family i.e. force lightning and a class of weapon from a armor?

the hoods i thank you for there location of I'm wanting to reskin the things { once i get premition} to be more distinctive with the mask white or something.

The force abilitys would be a dark side ability, offensive of coerce, called black fire, a heat backed ability with a graphic like the plasma grenade explotion but with a very dark core, near black. The second would be a light side ability that timperarly reduces the Dex of the targit and looks like a flash of light at human head level.

The quest is a dungeon that quizzes you on your knowledge of the infinite empire with incorrect ancers that have results like those tn the first star map dungeon in kotor1 and a prophesy from the movies ending in a room with a *unique* work bench {the only one that can modify your new robes and weapons} and two holocrons.

on last tidbit, i don't want to make this necessary to win so dose anyone know how to modify the weapons,stats and so on for Darth Trayus and Scion in the final battles in reaction to an event? this is kinda difficult for me to put together cause i work best with physical medium like clay but i am picking the system up fast. thanks.

My original idea looked kina like this:

armorrobes.jpg

But, as I can’t figure out how to make it work and can find no help to do it I am going with something like the suggested robes.

By the way, the image is bad I know but I did it in 15 minutes and is just an example and I keep the image in my head because its easer.

• 2 weeks later...

i had an idea for the consoles: riming riddles i.e.

This thing all things devours:

Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;

Gnaws iron, bites steel;

Grinds hard stones to meal;

Slays king, ruins town,

And beats high mountain down.

(time)

perhaps to run through the sith code using this format, dose any one have any opinions or advice?

thanks

Archived