Home

SW BF3 Cancelled

daventry

• 5 months later...

Don't you think that they were leading us on the whole time, i mean look at it, they made a big jump from the first, to the second one by putting, space battles, jedi's/sith, new maps, and online battles, in it. What else would they put in the third one, besides a few scares new details. I don't think that it would of been much different from BF2. So I think that it was just a rumor or something of that sort this whole entire time.

Conspiracy theories aren't big on this forum. I'm pretty sure that Free Radical would not have gone under just to conceal that they weren't making Star Wars: Battlefront III. We had actual gameplay footage, so that discounts it being, "Just a rumor."

I would not be surprised if Lucasarts canceled Star Wars Battlefront 3. They apparently want to put all the resources and marketing into this new online video game called Star Wars The Old Republic. Quit stupid to put that strategy into play! Star Wars Galaxies did not pan out. I have heard that online community is dying. What is Lucasarts going to do? Try and run two online star wars video games at the same time. I doubt that. Galaxies will need up going the way of the dodo. I know I personally refuse to buy any more video games until I get a good star wars that is single player and not an online only game. I can't stand online or multiplayer video games. I am old-fashion and love playing video games against computer. Computer AI is much more interesting to me.

Is this true.http://ps3.ign.com/articles/946/946024p1.html

It says on that site, "Battlefront III is no longer being worked on at Free Radical."

It says Free Radical isn't going to work on BF3 anymore. Somebody else could make it. I don't think that the project won't be worked on at all by anybody.

Free Radical went down... And the site says that Free Radical stopped the work. LucasArts being the ass that they are will hand it to Pandemic and let them destroy it. I'll still most likely buy it or rent it.

By the way, Star Wars: The Old Republic is top-notch game. I've seen the trailers and I have lokked at the engine it is running. Star Wars Galaxies actually has a rising community at the moment. They are putting their time into these high quality games. Anyways, LucasArts isn't putting any time into these. I suspect that people have heard of BioWare(The company who made Kotor), they are making Star Wars: The Old Republic. So basically this is Kotor 3 online. Star Wars Galaxies is celebrating Six Years at the moment and it is run by Sony Online. LA has nothing to do with them, they can't mess the best devs.

By the way, Star Wars: The Old Republic is top-notch game. I've seen the trailers and I have lokked at the engine it is running. Star Wars Galaxies actually has a rising community at the moment. They are putting their time into these high quality games. Anyways, LucasArts isn't putting any time into these. I suspect that people have heard of BioWare(The company who made Kotor), they are making Star Wars: The Old Republic. So basically this is Kotor 3 online. Star Wars Galaxies is celebrating Six Years at the moment and it is run by Sony Online. LA has nothing to do with them, they can't mess the best devs.

You do know we have a forum on this site specifically for TOR so people like me who wanted a KotOR 3 with a good story and not 100 hours of mindless grinding dont have to listen o people like you talk about how amazing its going to be based off of graphics and trailers. News flash, you coud make cutting your limbs off slowly 1 by 1 look like a great time in a trailer, they say nothing about a games quality, only the quality of a companies advertising department.

When I saw the trailer I thought, "Wow, this is going to be a great game." When the game's released I'll probably say, "Wow, what a great trailer..." xD

But we're talking about SWBF3 being canceled... I doubt it's canceled. SWBF2 brought in too much money for LA to not try to make another SWBF...

But we're talking about SWBF3 being canceled... I doubt it's canceled. SWBF2 brought in too much money for LA to not try to make another SWBF...

KotOR and TSL also brought in bucket loads of cash, but now LucasArts is making that stupid MMO, instead of a K3. It wouldn't surprise me if they made the same mistake with Battlefront.

Archived