Home

Sky or Space Texture is Just Bright Off Yellow in XP !

StarWarsGooN

I just installed Jedi Outcast with the latest official released patches for it on Windows XP Home Edition and started playing and noticed the sky was bright off yellow. I didn't pay it any mind until I got to the end of the level where the cutscene Imperial Admiral Fyar is on his Star Destroyer Bridge and the outside was the same bright off yellow. And the next mining world level was the same too. What's up with the sky texture? Has anyone else experienced this problem? I tried changing the compatibility to Windows 98 / ME but it wouldn't launch the game that way.

Below is my computer system info:

Windows XP Home 32 bit version with Service Pack 3 and all latest updates

Asus M3A Motherboard

AMD 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+ 2.3 Ghz

2 GB Dual Channel RAM

ATI Radeon 3650 PCIE x16 with latest 8.12 drivers

160 GB Seagate SATA HDD

I was able to fix or get rid of the sky textures bright off yellow problem in a very 1/2-@$$ed dedeuceable approach. I just uninstalled a lot of games I had on my primary HDD that were on there for a while and didn't play for a while - Call of Duty and its Expansion, Devastation, original Half Life and all its expansions, Medal of Honor and its expansions, and Tron 2.0. I also uninstalled then reinstalled Jedi Outcast. I just have to suspect that one or some of these games caused a conflict / glitch with the video card graphics drivers. I've seen this similar problem before and maybe others could atest to that or be more specific.? Thanks.

i had the same problem. for some reason the sky tex does not load up until nudged. I got it working by loading some modded skies and then i got all the default ones back. I actually played almost the entire game with the yellow skies :) i am glad you got yours working :)

Archived