Home

Congrats USA: the world is now with you!

Astrotoy7

*whistles*

Again, nothing to do with "sacrifices must be made"

I am saying that **** happens. Sorry if it does, but it does. But acting like it was the end of the world was insensitive and childish on the part of this nation.

Incorrect. I compared your statements to those made by certain characters in her book. Her philosophy is the polar opposite of yours.

You have yet to explain to me why. You just make accusations.

Slavery to the rest of the world's wants, needs and opinions: yes. The rest that you baselessly added, apparently for dramatic effect: no.

We're slaves to them? Why does global cooperation mean slavery, exactly?

Baselessly? What the ****.

You blatantly called me all of that:

Oh yeah, I know now. It sounds hauntingly like "Sacrifices must be made," a statement that was often repeated throughout Atlas Shrugged, a good story that was unfortunately crippled by Ayn Rand's excrutiatingly horrible writing style. It is interesting to note that it's a statement used time and again by the financial looters and moochers in the story to morally justify the continued slavery of the financial producers to support their malevolently parasitic behavior as they systematically wrecked the economy and all of society along with it. Could this be a case of life imitating art?

Neither am I. I merely stated that we would be better off without all of the disadvantageous (to the US, that is) trade agreements (hence, the looting and leeching part) and that the rest of the world would be better off without the US' playing the role of global beat cop.

So, we have gained nothing from other countries? Not even a sense of acceptance? The medical and scientific knowledge that places other than the US partake in?

By saying the rest of the world is looting and leaching off of us, and bring us down by the sheer fact they seem to exist, you are indeed giving them all the middle finger and telling them they are useless to us.

I'm sure you'd be ticked off if the rest of the world told you how useless you are to them. If they told you that you've been leeching off of their finds and money (Which our 10 trillion dollar debt would indicate). In fact, you already are. You've stated it in your posts that you are tired of other people judging your country.

So instead of looking at this from a purely American viewpoint, why not look in from their angle instead of shooing them off like a fly or a thief.

Who's making unfounded assumptions, now? You know next to nothing about me or my life, nor would you want to, I'd wager.

I'd be more than willing to hear your story and find a story much worse than it if you'd like. I'm willing to play the game if you are.

I'm sure some Darfur girl's who were raped in front of their families before watching them beheaded, then being branded by a hot iron to show they have been raped and are thus shunned by their own society for being unclean and are thus forced to live in dirty, hot huts or camps away from the main village for the rest of their life would have a thing or two to say to you.

Do you have to worry about a bunch of militants coming into your village, raping your women, killing and raping your children, and then beheading every man in the village including you? Are you nothing but skin and bones, eating rice out of dirty ponds on the street because you cannot afford even a mouthful of food in a weeks time?

You are sitting at a computer, in an American chair, typing on a Star Wars forum about how bad you have it while there are refugees who don't even know what Star Wars, a computer, or McDonald's $1 meal is.

What your story? If you really have had a horrific life then I'll bow out, apologize, and never turn a bad eye towards you ever again. I'll make a public apology about how insensitive I was towards you.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're just making it about something else to serve your point. Nice try though.

If you say so. It's all relative anyway, isn't it?

Baselessly? What the ****.

You blatantly called me all of that:

You accuse me of support (sic) slavery, lying, cheating, and other actions without pointing out anywhere in my posts in which I say such.

I said neither of the bolded words, nor did I infer either of them. If you took it that way, I apologize. To them, it wasn't lying or cheating because they actually believed the crap that they were spewing.

I guess that means you dont support the sanctions on North Korea or Iran? You know, negotiations and diplomacy dont always work, especially when the leader says "no" and "Go away" to everything you propose.

Certainly not in the same terms as you do...just as our interpretation of "go away" seems to be different... (I'll keep that for Kavar if I have time).

I cannot accept that a country of 120 million which has now existed for 200 years has produced only one decent composer.

They had (I am talking about "Western-European" music -ofgen mixed with "American" traits" kind as there are many other types of musics too...and great American musicians)....what about John Cage (I use to beg my piano teacher to let me learn his 4'30'' for the final exam :p but he has other compositions too), Copland (had a lot of fun playing his piano music...very humorous and finely written in most cases...unfortunately some of his piano music is often player as if is was "romantic drama" while it's not...some musicians need to lighten up!), Gershwin, Leonard Bernstein are other examples and there are many more (although originally from Russia, Prokofiev's "American period" which comprises some of his bests works...there are several other examples too)...and let's not forget Jazz which has influenced western music a lot in the 20th century til today .

Archived